Who is your favorite actor ?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by thachle, Feb 13, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. thachle

thachle New Member

Local Time:
    4:48 PM
    Vin Diesel
    [​IMG]
    Jackson Statham
    [​IMG]
  2. Arkayle

Arkayle Well-Known Member Backer Descendants of Raiden

Local Time:
    4:48 AM
    dude.... brah.... brother.... if i could only pick one, it would have to be Mr. Depp himself, but Niel Patrick Harris is a damn close second!
  3. Extian

Extian Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    5:48 AM
    Philip Seymour Hoffman, Daniel Day Lewis and Bill Murray might be some of my favorites.
    Mattimao1239 and Crim like this.
  4. Kaldeon

Kaldeon Well-Known Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    My toast. Silly thing likes to act like it's burnt. I think it's a method actor, because it even TASTES burnt.
  5. JackOfAllTrades

JackOfAllTrades Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Robert Downey Jr., Johnny Depp, Matthew McConaughey, Tom Hanks, Will Ferrell, Steve Carell, John Krasinski, and Jim Carrey would be among my most favored.
  6. Orion

Orion Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    James Arness, Johnny Depp, Miyuki Sawashiro, Junko Takeuchi, Noriaki Sugiyama, Jun Fukuyama, some of the ones I like anyway
  7. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    2:48 AM
    U must have been bummed by the news. Do u need a hug or are u good now?
  8. Extian

Extian Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Wait....why would I be bummed...all those actors are alive and well, aren't they?

No, I don't need any hugs. I'm well over his death, it was very tragic but he will forever live on in the performances he gave, he was one of the greatest actors to ever live, and he will not soon be forgotten.
  9. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    I loved him in Doubt. But besides that, he wasnt in many movies or shows that I was interested in. And the rolls he was in in the movies I watched, he was so minor I didnt even recall he was in it until i used IMDB. Like The Invention of Lying he was the bartender. Or Moneyball he was the Manager of the team. But I think he had the skill to be lead or supporting role in movies, they just didnt use him.

Unfortunately, I think he was forgotten by most even before he died. I remember a lot of people who like like "who?" when they heard about his passing. Its a shame though, people knew of his struggles, and he didnt hide the fact that even he thought he was going to die soon. I really wish someone would have done something to intervene. He really did fill his roles better then anyone else would have,
  10. Mattimao1239

Mattimao1239 Chicken Chaser Senior Member

Local Time:
    Well when you go with 'favorite actor' you have to go with genre types as well as acting methods.

For instance action movies: Bruce Willis, Jason Statham etc.

More serious movies: Daniel Day Lewis, Tom Hanks, Leonardo DiCaprio etc.

Now separating this into 'method' acting and other stuff (I prefer method) would take longer then I would like. So I'll just go with those up there. I'll add in comedic actors later.
  11. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    How is Statham anyone's favorite actor? He has zero range, and movies he was lead was meh, movies he was supporting were ok. I am not saying he is bad, but he is not a best by any means. But if that is what u guys like, I guess. It's your opinion.
  12. Mattimao1239

Local Time:
    When it comes to action movies acting is sort of a secondary quality. You really want someone who can look and move the part first THEN you want the acting, which he can be good at (Snatch, Lock Stock etc.)
  13. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    If that is the case, I still would put Vin Diesel, Van Damme, Stalone, Jet Li, and even more above Statham.
  14. Mattimao1239

Local Time:
  15. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Vin Diesel and Stallone I wouldn't put them above in terms of action. Stallone just has years of well movies, none are really all that compelling in action(aside from oversized gun usage). Stallone has more fluid fight and action sequences. Although Diesel does well as Riddick it doesn't seem as though he has as much action skill flexibility as Statham. Jet Li though has a very impressive fluidity and flexibility when it comes to action. Van Damme he's Van Damme what can I say.

If I'm comparing action movie actors, it's how fluid are they? Is there technique believable and creative? Are they stunt savvy and can complete a wide variety of impressive feats? Do they have a lasting figure after the movie is complete of what makes good action?

As for fav. actors can't really say that I have one.
  16. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    I don't see it that way. I look to see the range on their acting ability. If they are only ever 1 guy in all their movies it's boring to me.