Which collection to get?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Shinigami Dark, May 24, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Shinigami Dark

Shinigami Dark Member

Local Time:
    3:53 AM
    Which of these .hack//SIGN collections are better?

The complete:
    http://www.amazon.ca/Hack-Sign-Box-...8&qid=1400959915&sr=8-12&keywords=.hack//sign

or the Anime Legends version:
    http://www.amazon.ca/hack-SIGN-Comp...F8&qid=1400959915&sr=8-1&keywords=.hack//sign

Now I already own the Anime Legends version, but it is possibly missing a disc and/or gone entirely (Thieving cousins).

Please ignore the prices from amazon, the Complete collection is at a store near my house for $130 which seems super cheap to me.
  2. Mattimao1239

Mattimao1239 Chicken Chaser Senior Member

Local Time:
    5:53 AM
    I honestly see no difference between the two D: I am gonna lurk to see what people say. I am so ignorant about this stuff...desu desu
  3. Silaan

Silaan Man Behind the Mask! Senior Member

Local Time:
    11:53 AM
    I'd get that one for that specific reason... I'd just prefer buying something in a shop in the physical realm and not in the virtual one... just because.

away from that: they don't seem that different to begin with, except of course for the price...
    that being said: I am not much of a collector, so am prob. the wrong person to give advice... hmm :confused:

... why do I already dislike the word です? X.x
    problably due to near omnipresence
    Mattimao1239 likes this.
  4. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    2:53 AM
    Well clearly you should buy the cheaper one and spend the difference on us!!!

Seriously, I'd go with the cheaper one. Always cool being a .hack fan but...the cooler box isn't worth a grand. Actual footage is the same at 650 minutes...so unless that thing has gold damn statues in it, forget it. You could argue it'll go up in price over time but...even if it did, its already a grand. Who's going to pay even more then that enough for it to be a viable investment?
  5. Shinigami Dark

Shinigami Dark Member

Local Time:
    Like I said though, there is a store near my house that is selling the complete collection for like $130.
  6. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    Evil still, go for the cheaper one. If both are in the store with similar price tags then go for w.e you like...but if only ones in the store, regardless of which one...at 130...then just buy that one.
    .hack fan over here, but sign is no where near worth over 200 bucks. Never.
    Crim likes this.
  7. Shinigami Dark

Shinigami Dark Member

Local Time:
    I'm also wondering whether I should wait and see if Funimation will release a bluray for the series now that they own the rights.
  8. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    Not to mention he plans on keeping it and watching it. So once the package is open, its not worth more then any other second hand copy. And if you dont ever plan to sell it, its even worse to pay more.
    It is likely it will eventually happen. It is still a growing and expanding franchise (at least the gaming aspect of it). So I would expect not only a Blu Ray version, but maybe even a value bundle of all the series combined. They seem to do that eventually for a lot of great series. Specially when those collector's versions start to sell for hundreds and thousands of dollars. And when they do that, the collector versions drop in value.
  9. The_Freedom_Fellow

The_Freedom_Fellow Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    4:53 AM
    DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID THE ANIME LEGENDS ONE IS AWFUL. ALL PACKED INTO ONE CASE IT IS HORRID. If you can get the other I would defiantly.
  10. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    He already owns the anime legends one. So its the question to replace it with another one, or pay more for the fancy box which may also be a collectors version or something. Either way, I think the prices changed. Since the Anime Legends is the more expensive one, and the Complete is only $100. I dont know if there were used when he originally posted though.
  11. Shinigami Dark

Shinigami Dark Member

Local Time:
    The Complete is only like 130 at a local store here, but I should know by Tuesday whether I even still own the Anime Legends one anymore.
  12. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    The complete is seeking for $100 on that link.
  13. Shinigami Dark

Shinigami Dark Member

Local Time:
    So, turns out my original SIGN collection is in perfect shape and I have gotten it back now, thanks everyone for the advice.