Where do I put my alpha key?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by DemonCatLord, Sep 30, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. DemonCatLord

DemonCatLord Member Backer

Local Time:
    6:50 AM
    Ok so I donated $50, got my alpha key, where do I put it?
  2. DemonCatLord

Local Time:
    ok I found it within 3 seconds of posting this topic -3-
  3. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Siegfre [IridiumBased] President Staff Member

Local Time:
    4:50 AM
    Download the game -> enter in your desired username/password -> click register -> enter in your username/password -> click login -> enter alpha key -> Finish Logging in.

There should have been a guide with at least some of that information in your confirmation email.

Edit: Nvrmind.
  4. DemonCatLord

Local Time:
    the email had a link to a guide but nothing really to where you put the key.
    on the game launcher, when it prompts that you need a key, it'll make you pick forums or donate, then you click on, then click the "x" to go back, it asked for it.
  5. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Siegfre [IridiumBased] President Staff Member

Local Time:
    Thank you for letting me know. I'll see if we can get the guide updated.
  6. DemonCatLord

Local Time:
    I like to think I'm pretty smart but maybe not. now to poke and prod around to figure out how to do important things. like pick a class or rotate the camera. and maybe about the customization options. lots to do, lots of excitement!
  7. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    I thought I remember the guide telling where to put the key. A lot of instructions are hidden in spoilers boxes for some reason.
  8. DemonCatLord

Local Time:
    some of the spoiler boxes, i click show spoiler but it just makes the box a bit bigger but doesnt display anything.
  9. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
  10. DemonCatLord

Local Time:
    i remember when i hit register it told me i needed a key, then linked me to the donation page or the forums. didn't prompt me to input the key.
  11. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    That is interesting. I think maybe it changed to put that prompt in there. And like Siegfre said, the guide might need to be updated to include steps for that.

Thanks for bringing that to our attention. And I hope youre enjoying the game!

(Even as a lurker I cant stop acting like a GM)
  12. Bluebear

Bluebear Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Is it possible to get the alpha key just by being involved with the forums? The internet I'm using has school security, and it won't let open any applications downloaded from the net. This security is applied to any networks I use so………..yeah.
  13. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Yes it is. Submitting to the community creator is a great + So is getting involved with events. Creating new topics that drive good discussions is another option. Otherwise just commenting on posts and talking with other members .
  14. Bluebear

Bluebear Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Looks like I'm gonna be on more often.
  15. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    Im having trouble understanding the original question and how it relates to the second part. If u cant access the game, then what good would the alpha key do for u?
  16. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    I believe its the fact that he can't get on during weekends to test and gain a more permanent access that way. Having the key will let him play any time during the week when he is off campus.

That's just how I interpreted it
  17. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    He is 15. That wouldnt make any sense.
  18. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    Might have a broken computer for the moment and wants to know that he can work towards the key even without playing the game. So when he does get a computer again he can jump right in
  19. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    Why are we making assumptions?
  20. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    *shrugs* I don't know I just thought of it as a game. "Guess the Reason" by Has***