What made you Sad today?

Discussion in 'Aqua Polis Square' started by Quine, Jul 26, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. archaicINF

archaicINF Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    11:01 PM
    Life on the road.

22549787_1882242251805226_2151403660462580208_n.jpg
  2. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    10:01 PM
    63c19bed9dcfd1fc9f49ed762150c571.jpg

Not exactly sad per se, but this is stress visualized.
  3. flamedog

flamedog Draeanale Senior Member Indiegogo Backer Parkour Master

Local Time:
    Batoto is kill. Yesterday was the last day, the servers will now slowly die as the site slows till it stops "breathing". If it's not fully dead by the 25th, Grumpy(owner) will be pulling the plug and moving the forums to vatoto.com
  4. Cosmic Architect

Cosmic Architect Active Member Senior Member Backer

Local Time:
    :confused:

I came here to say I wrote a pretty sad letter to a friend... But that's a contender now.
  5. flamedog

flamedog Draeanale Senior Member Indiegogo Backer Parkour Master

Local Time:
    Well Mangadex.com is a thing now... so that's kind of a somewhat replacement.
  6. archaicINF

archaicINF Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
  7. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Welp that's absolutely terrifying
    Oberon likes this.
  8. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    The other day, a resident died in the assisted living facility where I work. There aren't all that many residents living there, so I'm pretty attached to all of them already.

I've only been working there ~2-3 months so far, but still...
    Quine likes this.
  9. Quine

Quine Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    1:01 AM
    I have just undone some friendships with some people.
    No tragic reason or argument, i just... had... enough with them? I don't know how to explain, but i'm not compelled to talk to these people anymore, conversation with them just feel still.
    Well, they were actually all part of that little group that i called friends. I feel lonely...
    Stalwart_as_the_Mount likes this.
  10. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Sometimes we have to make those decisions. It's tough but when a relationship starts to dull or sour it's best to leave it instead of letting it burn out and destroying the good it had, if it can't be salvaged or reignited. It's an empty feeling for awhile but it's important to look for that spark that you were missing. Take on an activity that is something special to you. Card games, collections, extreme sports, hiking, star gazing, and slowly meet and acquaint yourself with those who share such interests. Not friends per se but comfortable acquaintances someone you can joke with that can eventually become a friend. It's only as lonely as we ourselves make it. Also here to talk I still get notifications via email for here .
    Stalwart_as_the_Mount likes this.
  11. Stalwart_as_the_Mount

Stalwart_as_the_Mount Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Sometimes its not worth it. It'll get better like Cerb said you'll have time to do things more important to you than just struggling to keep those people around. I've had people like that, I understand.
  12. Judge

Judge Active Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    oh no e.t.!!!!!
  13. Quine

Quine Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    1:01 AM
    It has been four years since the creation of this thread.
    I had originally 3 friends: Crow, Lee and Cross.
    The first post was about a fight i had with Lee, that was ONE stupid fight, and we never talked to each other again. It was kind of a heated discussion, about how Lee should give more emphasis on Story rather than judging an anime only by its animation. I WAS narrow-minded back then, and maybe today that characteristic persists (On a lesser state though.).

Next: It was Crow, crow was Dating Lee, and Lee dated Cross before (But they got into a fight, i positioned myself to aid cross, and that culminated in the fight a had with Lee.). Well, Crow was having problems with Lee, i told him that if he did X thing, it would backfire against him, he did it anyway, and i only said "I warned you, I warned you!". My arrogance and bluntness backfired, making me sequentially lose another friend.
    Cross got into a fight with me, in the name of Lee and Crow, and we thought that we would not speak to each other again.
    Law was the most recent one, someone i met at random when we were mourning for the loss of a RPG server called RPG2IC.
    I thought that we would become friends but... that was not actually what happened... it just felt blank and tasteless, for the best before frustration could build up, we decided that we wouldn't talk to each other again.
    2 years ago, me and cross met again on another RPG server, we made up and we believed that we would be friends again, it didn't happen, we had a discussion, but it wasn't heated, there was no animosity or stuff like that, so this friendship ended in a rather monotonous way, and there goes another friend...
    The RPG2IC friends, lost 'em all, and then there were none.
    Well, i have only one friend now, it's actually someone i know IRL.

This time, it was strange, there was a lot of stuff building up for this to happen...
    In the end, we both gave up on one another. AND THIS is the sad stuff.
    But i wonder... is my definition of "Friend" wrong? Am i expecting too much from people?
    My definition of "Friend" is someone that we both know that we can talk frankly and rudely to each other, were we can go all out on sincerity. If we fight, we still go all out, not backing down, because we trust each other long enough to know that after this we'll still be friends. We can be honest to each other, help one another when necessity rises, somewhat like brothers.

AND MOSTLY, TO ALL THOSE WHO CONTRIBUTED WITH THIS THREAD, AND, TO CERBERUSPAW AND STALWART AS THE MOUNT, THANK YOU, I needed that.

This thread was created back in 2014, it has been some time, uh?
    Morgue and Cerberuspaw like this.
  14. Morgue

Morgue Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Its been so long and i still can't stop coming to this site. But i tend to go to a lot of dead sites and projects i was a part of frequently.
  15. Oberon

Oberon Mr. Outside Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Not dead as long as we're here tho ;)
    We'll keep the old girl goin long as we can WITH OUR TERRIFYING NECROTIC POWERS D:<
    Cerberuspaw likes this.