What made you Sad today?

Discussion in 'Aqua Polis Square' started by Quine, Jul 26, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. Quine

Quine Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    10:54 PM
    well... i had a fight with a friend, a kind of idiot fight... it was because of anime, and now... since he was one of the very few friends i have, i'm totally alone now, like... i don't have anyone to chat... and i'm sad for fighting with him... and also i can't tell him that i'm sorry...
    I don't need and neither want some kind of consolation or anything like that, but, i think that we all feel sad sometimes, even if we don't know why... so i'm creating this tread.
  2. Xarandele

Xarandele Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    4:54 PM
    The fact that it's mthrfkn 132 degree's outside with a humidity of like 60 percent and the air conditioning in the living room is having a freakin' heart attack.
    Cerberuspaw and Oberon like this.
  3. Gwidhw

Gwidhw Well-Known Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    I get sad often for no reason, so I know what that's like.
    I support this thread.
    Quine likes this.
  4. Quine

Local Time:
    For Some Reason... Hearing some OSTS from games makes me feel better no mattering if it's upbeat or calm...
    i don't know how threads like this one can have so much replies... [ Like the: What made you feel Happy today?]
  5. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    For me that sad for no reason is actually a reason that is always there, but for some reason it just decides to weigh heavy on me at random moments. Which leads to bad moods, short tempers, and ultimately stupid fights where I lose friends like Quine's story in the OP. But a lot of it is just me pushing people away because I am so sad I dont feel I deserve people. Then I get upset when they dont beg me to stay. WTF is up with my dumb head some times?

Anyway, Crim likes many many friends and is more often in the mood to chat then to play games. So if you want a new friend (not as a consolation, but more as someone to chat to because Im awesome why not everyone want be my friend?), private message me your steam and/or skype info and I'll add you. Then some day I'll get upset or something and delete you. :p
    Quine, Oberon and Gwidhw like this.
  6. Gwidhw

Local Time:
    ^This. So much this.
    For me it's also like, a feeling that builds up, and it either goes away (through distraction of some kind) or overwhelms and I go full on "I'm going to lie in this bed and stare at the wall" mode.

I'm not Bipolar or manic-depressive or anything, btw >.<

It's just something... odd about me :l
    I reason it has to do with my feelings of isolation regardless of the fact I'm not isolated at all. I just feel like it sometimes.
  7. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    6:54 PM
    ._. Um, what all of you are talking about has a name. It's called depression. Just to clear things up, when you have depression, you aren't always super sad and dreary. Depression is something of a chronic issue that culminates on itself, and the intensity comes and goes as it does with all chronic problems.

Diagnosing depression is the easy part; treating it is a b-... the hard part. Since depression is caused by long-term neglect of one or many of the basic human needs. Let me give you a nice little picture for entertainment and educational purposes.

[​IMG]

You cannot get rid of the sadness you feel until you understand what you're doing wrong or not doing at all. Everyone needs all of the items listed in that image, but we each need them in different quantities. If you are not addressing one of these needs properly/not addressing it at all, you're going to stay depressed. Anyway, the first step is to find the error.

Next, you're going to need to find a way to fix that error. For example, if the problem is that you aren't drinking enough water, you have to drink more water. It's generally easier to fix the discrepancy than to find it.
    At any rate, here's your how-to post on getting rid of depression.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sad because I couldn't go swimming today.
    Quine likes this.
  8. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    Yup....
  9. Quine

Local Time:
    Bro... I Know how you feel... sometimes i get like this too, and like... when someone tries to talk to me to know Whats up, i normally end not talking to this person at all... like... i want to be right, even if its bad for me. its like that i want to be so right, that even my life will lose its sense if i am wrong... my life is spinning on being right... [I Know that this is not a Right Vision, but sometimes i caught myself thinking like that...
    By the Way... Some of my friends, think that sometimes i talk so much like a girl... i don't know if i kick their asses or if I try to Level Up this "Skill" (talk like Girl) so that i can have advantages in online games -.- well what do you guys suggest? Kick their asses or level up the "Skill" [ i'l kick their asses anyway though...]]
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  10. Oberon

Oberon Mr. Outside Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    6:54 PM
    This made me lawl far too much. Probably because I know people like that.
    What made me sad is that I can't buy entwined yet...or for some time b/c of my current plans/budget.

Does this make you free game for me to berate? :D
    I kid :p....as far as you know, chump...yep yep, aaaall in jest :D
  11. Gwidhw

Local Time:
    Yeah, you're right.
    I just don't like to admit I have it, though I know I do, really. Honestly I play it down because it's not as bad as it could be. The real difference between depression and sadness is one that is mixed and matched too much. When I get like this, I can feel it. It's not just skulking or being upset, it's physical too. That's a major difference between depression and being sad; everyone gets sad or upset, but when you get depressed, it can effect you psychologically as well as physically. Another issue is I can't talk about it with anyone; people I try to talk to about it just don't understand it so I feel defeated and it gets worse. And then when I'm feeling better I play it down, and don't worry about it until, as my friend says, "it's [my] time of the month" xD

As for the hierarchy, I know what's "out of balance" with me, but it's not something that can be fixed. It's a large culmination of things best not discussed :l

...Sorry to hear about the swimming :p
    It's been sooooo hot lately around here I've been wanting to go myself; no time or opportunity though >.<
    (...though I prefer lakes and oceans, because chlorine is annoying...)
  12. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    We should change the name of this thread to the depressed lonely gamer support group. :p

But I know what you mean. When I get that way, all I want is for someone to talk to me. But when they do I avoid them or give them one word responses.

It can be fixed with medication. Nice calming life threatening medication. (I only say life threatening because the side effects listed on tv commercials always seem to include thoughts of suicide or just straight up death)
  13. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    Fyi, Depression is not just...well Depression. Depression also falls into a lack of energy, interest, and joy in things. Its a difficult thing to describe but depression doesn't just cover sadness, but nihilism with emotion as well.

There are alot of medications out there for depression, but someone to talk to is also just as important, such as a therapist. Doesn't make you nuts, but having someone to vent to makes the difference. Also having something to actually do makes a world of difference too. If you're sitting on your butt all the time, you're going to be depressed no matter what. If you're not serving a purpose, that primal human part of you is going to be kicking your butt. Granted you dont need to be making insane money or saving children from radioactive monkeys to feel like you're doing something worth wild...but shit...something. Join a softball/kickball team at the very least.
    Cerberuspaw likes this.
  14. Quine

Local Time:
    or... Play a Table Top Role Play Game with your friends... it has the same effect... problem is when there is no game for a long time because a friend is in the mountains, training to kill the dragon, Studying for an exam of his life, well... of course, i'l congratulate him as soon as the exam is over, but... oh well... it's rather depressive being alone...
    [Edit: i always need to fix some things in my text and add other things]
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  15. Gwidhw

Local Time:
    I have a strict policy against medications (or antibiotics, even) unless absolutely necessary. So... yeah xD
    The way I see it, I have self-taught skills to cope and manage (majoring in Psychology and getting a minor in Counselling), and I'm not completely useless; I know that what I'm going through isn't, well, proper. But if I get really bad, I can tell, and I know what to do that's best in case of an emergency, even if I don't want it. I try to dissociate my thoughts, in a... complicated way. Helps me to try and stay objective.

Lack of energy? Check.
    Lack of interest? Check.
    Lack of joy in things? Check. I'm fairly detached.

The thing with me is that I do get out a lot, and keep busy. I've also got a ton of friends who are always getting me involved and active in things. The truth of it is I actually spend less than 4 hours on the computer a day, and that's really only at night time that I go on, or to just check Email and such for a minute or two. I am looking at getting into some kind of group activities or something to keep me busy, but... well, what can I say? Full-time student, part-time job, final years of university -.- Very little time.

As for doing something at least, I've designed and plan on building a miniature (well, as small as they get) airship capable of lifting 1 person (for now) off the ground. The specs and design check out, and in theory it works. I just have to scrounge the parts and materials, and get to building the prototype :) Other than that.... I do leather-crafting, sculpting, painting, drawing, biking, hiking, swimming, camping, running, and whatever else floats my boat :p Speaking of, we have a boat that's great for water skiing :)

I know that feeling. My good friend leaves town now and then to go into the mountains near here, and when he's not around or anything it's very boring for me. I also hate being alone, too. Even though I live in a house with 4 other people, it doesn't feel like I have people around, you know? At least when I'm with (a) friend(s) it feels like I am doing something and not just sitting around lonely. He ticks me off sometimes, though, because I'll tell him when the feeling is coming on, and that I need to be distracted or something to help ward it off, or at least calm it, but he just doesn't say anything, and acts like I didn't say anything... it's not that hard to try and keep me engaged -.- And then he gets ticked off when I get quiet and start shutting down, as if it's my fault and I've put him out :/

As for my other (main group of) friends, well... to put it nicely, they're all fairly awkward (high school misfits, if you will), so... they don't really do much in the way of comforting or engaging. They're all fairly self-centred, actually...

Example:

Me: "Birthday for a friend? I'll plan a party for them! It'll be awesome!! >.<"
    Them: "Birthday for [Gwidhw]? I'll wait to hear if they've planned anything. If not, oh well".

Me: "Hey, I'm having a party/some friends over! Come on down!"
    Them: "Hmm... I don't know if I'll go, I was feeling like staying home for *insert silly reason here*".

Me: "Happy birthday, ___! I got you/made you a gift!"
    Them: "Happy birthday. What are we doing? / I have to leave early"

Really... why do I care so much about people that just don't care enough back?
    It's all give, and no take, for me :l

So, to put it simply... there's a culmination of complicated things that don't help my situation :)
    Medication would probably help, but yeah... this:

Do not want :p
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    Quine likes this.
  16. Quine

Local Time:
    Dude... i don't even care about my birthday... -.- like... the birthday of my friends are important, but mine is not... like... Party, things or other material things aren't the things that i think that are most important, the People that i met are
    more important, you can have your house burned, your things stolen, but nobody can destroy the cool moments of your life... and also... since i do not have many friends i normally value the ones i have, and i value a lot. [ i'm that kind of guy that is not very sociable in the real life...]
    Gwidhw likes this.
  17. Gwidhw

Local Time:
    It's not so much the fact that it's my birthday, as I agree; I couldn't care less.
    I'm more bothered by the fact that no one else cares about it. I'll go out of my way to throw a party for people who, maybe, do care about their birthdays, to make them feel better/good about themselves, and show that I care. But when it comes to me, it's like, I don't care, and neither do they.

That hurts :(
    Crim likes this.
  18. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    Trust me, that's all in your head. I make those same stupid assumptions. People care, they just don't show it in the same way you do.
    Gwidhw likes this.
  19. Gwidhw

Local Time:
    I like to believe that, too.
    It's just... when it comes to the idea of "the same way I do", my way is showing people I appreciate them and doing things for them, with them, or whatever. The situation is more or less like:

• I've got the car, so I drive us around
      • They don't want to bus to my house, so I go pick them up... and drop them off.
      • We're going out, but someone doesn't have money on them, so either we all chip in, or cancel/change plans. It's never what I want to do.
      • It's birthday time, so they wait for me to initiate something, regardless
      • I need a favour, and they're nowhere to be seen
      • I'm having friends over, and they all have to leave early.
      • I'm shutting down, so my good friend does something he enjoys nearby, and doesn't engage me, knowing I need it, and makes as though he's going to show me how happy he is. Never says a word to me. To be fair, he doesn't know how to act properly under social conventions..
    I try to think of ways that they do nice things for me, or ways that they show me they care, but...
    Maybe it really is all in my head, but, they don't do anything for me. Really. I haven't seen some of them for months now, either, and they make no effort to contact me unless they need something. I've also had friends show up to New Year's Eve parties I've thrown, and take off less than 30mins later, because they know i don't drink, and want to go somewhere with alcohol. They couldn't just bring it with them -.-

I know what you mean, but... it's hard to believe, as much as I'd like to.
    I think I just have (some) pretty bad friends :s
  20. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    It's very hard to deal with. I know because I deal with it to. But some people are lucky that everyone calls them so they don't call others. They have lots of friends (don't ask me how...) And they never think of others because in their mind if u wanted to do something, you'd call them. They don't understand our way of thinking so they don't know how much we need them to call us first every once and a while.
    azuretre likes this.