What made you angry today?

Discussion in 'Aqua Polis Square' started by Crim, Aug 19, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 10 users.
  1. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    9:13 PM
    Topic number 8 (I think) of my 12 guaranteed topics for the 31 days of this month. This one is surely going to be a long time topic!

We have the what made you smile thread. Well, now I want to know what made you upset or angry today.

Rules of this thread are the same as the smile one, and you should use it in the same way.
  2. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    I will start...

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/52781472

6 Dead, 27 Wounded in Chicago Weekend Shooting. Follow the link to read about each incident, and try not to get angry when you realize this all happened in just 1 weekend! (3 days including Friday!)

Oh and if that didnt upset you, the following link is the first of the stories in the above link. In a "safe" neighborhood people do drive-by shooting and cant aim so they hit a 7 year old boy. And then we condemn people like George Zimmerman for being so scared of this happening in his town he tries to do something about it. George Zimmerman is obviously an idiot. But can you really blame him when this is happening all over the place?

The part that should really get to you is this 6 dead from 27 shootings is DOWN from last year. In the following link you will see this...

Dafuq people?!?!

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Boy-7-Hurt-Shooting-Outside-Chicago-School-220170891.html
  3. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    Well, no one else is using this thread. But this story is exactly the thing I want people to share here:

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=824406

I am really not sure I want Ben Affleck playing Batman... I just....

[​IMG]
  4. Mattimao1239

Mattimao1239 Chicken Chaser Senior Member

Local Time:
    12:13 AM
    I've been talking to alot of people about that tonight, but I mean he's a decent enough actor. I loved Argo, thought he did pretty well in it.
  5. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    I haven't seen Argo, but I have only liked him in Jay and silent bob strike back. Where he plays himself, lol. I don't know, I don't don't think he fits the description of batman. And after dark knight, I have high expectations for future batmans.
  6. kungfuboom

kungfuboom Monster Maker! Senior Member

Local Time:
    My rebuttal to people you think Ben is not good enough for batman

Seriously though I think people should give the guy a chance before they right him off, he was a decent actor in daredevil who has gotten better over the years.
    Mattimao1239 likes this.
  7. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    I think he should stick to comedies. I just remembered he did Dogma, and was good enough in that.

Also, petition was started, and already over 10,000 signatures in 1 day. Pretty impressive. I really dont think I am alone in thinking a named actor is the best person for the job. It would be better to find an unknown like Superman was. But then again, like the director of the new Man of Steel Movie said,

I hope the petition works. But either way I am sure I will eventually see it. Just like I will eventually see the first Man of Steel.
  8. Mattimao1239

Local Time:
    I love Dogma XD but I don't think that petition will work, it's not like it's a government thing so I don't see that working at all. I do like the idea of having an unknown brought in to play as Batman though, that would be pretty cool. Maybe give some lucky guy a shot at getting better roles and becoming a great actor.
  9. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    Just think. Who was Hugh Jackman before Xmen?

Also, the petition can work. What it is saying is that of their core audience, that many people are not interested in that. Well, if you wish to make money, who do you think the producers and DC are going to listen to? The masses who the movie is being made for? Or the Director? But, if Affleck auditioned and he really nailed it, or they failed in their search to find better then maybe we are just stuck with who we get. The main issue is just that there is no way I can associate him with Batman at this point. It just doesnt fit. it is like the Val Kilmer Batman. Just such a horrible job. And I like Val Kilmer! He just wasnt a good fit for the role, and they could have found better. Michael Keaton on the other hand I think did a great job in the role. Clooney I think made an ok Batman, but it was just a horrible movie. Bale did an amazing job with that role. I am so disappointed in him to have turned down the continuation of his role as Batman.

But, now thinking to the future. How sweet would it be if they made a movie or live action Batman Beyond with Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne? And an unknown up and comer as Terry! Oh, and dont say Adam West would make a better Bruce Wayne. Please please let that one go. Please?
  10. Mattimao1239

Local Time:
  11. Silaan

Silaan Man Behind the Mask! Senior Member

Local Time:
    6:13 AM
    a buddy just talked complete and utter BS and didn't even get it when I told him that I'd like to change the topic while I also stopped to joke around . . . sometimes people truly do not get when they hurt others, do they? . . .
  12. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    I can tell you from both sides. No. I have been the one who hurt, and didnt realize it until I was told. And on the other end, I have had friends not realize what they said hurt me. That is why I always stay open and tell people. And tell them to do the same with me. If you dont tell me that I crossed a line, how will I know to step back?
  13. Silaan

Silaan Man Behind the Mask! Senior Member

Local Time:
    6:13 AM
    I did told him quiet directly... as I directly said I want to change the topic since it is one that I do not WANT to even THINK about . . . also it should be darned obvious that someone is hurt when he/she stops joking and smiling at once and also changes the tone he/she speaks in . . . but meh, your right, sometimes one can be as obvious as he/she want and still one doesn't get it.
    also have to say that I only used this topic right now just to rant since it completely killed my actually good mood e.e
  14. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    That is why I made this thread. To be used like the 'What made you smile today' thread. But something that did the opposite.
  15. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
  16. Extian

Extian Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I was flipping through the channels, and stopped at this one point in this one show, I don't know the name of it, but it may have been about some kind of repo service. A plane that they was trying to repo crashed, and then the following statement was said "That plane cost 3 million dollars, that's about 5 or 6 years worth of salary for most Americans". Ignorance at its finest.
    Crim likes this.
  17. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    Wait, so most Americans dont make $500k a year? Not even combined family income? Maybe they meant more like 15-16 years? But even then that is around $200k a year, but at least more believable as a combined income.
  18. Mattimao1239

Local Time:
    We had something like this happen here in Georgia a few months back if I remember correctly.
  19. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    11:13 PM
    Being lied to.
  20. Mattimao1239

Local Time: