What language do you speak

Discussion in 'Aqua Polis Square' started by Yami, Jul 12, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Yami

Yami Member

Local Time:
    5:34 PM
    hello people what language you speak???

I Speak German and English ^.^
  2. Aryth

Aryth Developer Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    10:34 AM
    I speak English and Japanese.

German is an interesting language, too. I have just never tried to learn it. Haha.
  3. Ulderan200

Ulderan200 Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    11:34 AM
    I speak English and a little bit of ASL. I'm not that good at ASL but I can do a few signs.
  4. Krescent

Krescent Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    English, and have been teaching myself japanese for a year
  5. Yami

Yami Member

Local Time:
    okay what kind of language is ASL language I know this is not ^.^
  6. Ulderan200

Ulderan200 Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    ASL is American Sign Language. Basically, it's a type of language you use with your hands to talk to deaf people with.
  7. Aryth

Local Time:
    Awesome. If you want to practice conversation let me know. Always helps, and Japanese works on these forums. いいでしょね。
  8. Subaru

Subaru Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    English, German, French.

Learning Russian, and I want to learn Swedish.

Languages are easy for me, since all I need to be able to do is learn how to read it and understand it from other people.
  9. Aryth

Local Time:
    Wow. That's a lot. I've always wanted to learn Russian. How do you like it so far?

Languages are easy for me as well, but it's because I easily understand language construction. As long as I know the relevant words and grammar types, I can communicate.
  10. Subaru

Subaru Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Russian is very different; it has that olden taste to it. I've always loved hearing it, so I learned it. Might as well get to know what you like, right?
  11. Yami

Yami Member

Local Time:
    okay nice that one speak German
  12. Krescent

Krescent Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    i only know about 430 words, so my conversational skills will be pretty bad. いいでしょうねといいですねのちがいはななですか? please correct me if that's incorrect. can i end a sentence with "。" even if it's a question?
  13. Aryth

Local Time:
    Absolutely. I only learn languages that I have a moderate interest in. I love the way Russian sounds, even when they say English words, haha. I eventually want to learn it, and one of my friends wants to learn it with me so that's more of a reason to do it.

I'm not sure what that says. いいでしょね。Means, "That's great, right?" And adding といいですね makes it pretty redundant, because it means "wouldn't that be good" for someone else. The rest of it isn't clear to me, but か implies a question, so a period would be just fine. You only use the question mark when you use short form in writing or typing.
  14. Subaru

Subaru Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Probably the toughest language I've had to learn. Mostly since Romantic languages are fairly easy and flow nicely together (German, French, Italian). Taking steps away is difficult for me since I'm already so use to the flow of the words. But, since you already know Japanese, the break line of the wording should come familiar.
  15. Alice

Alice Member

Local Time:
    7:34 AM
    Japanese n English...sadly I can only speak Japanese can't read it
  16. Kaminari

Kaminari Member

Local Time:
    12:34 AM
    Japanese and English. 外国語を習うのはなかなか楽しい物!!
  17. Aryth

Local Time:
    I agree, Romance languages are typically easy to understand with only slight variations in sounds. Slavic languages, much like the Semitic languages, are formed from calligraphic (or scripted) languages. I love these languages in particular, because writing them is considered to be an art form. Russian itself may not be that way now, but it's alphabet system and writing are far from what we typically see in Romance languages, and that interests me.

習うのが好きなんですが。。。
  18. Yami

Yami Member

Local Time:
    i can not Japanese -.- xd
  19. axlsjolund

axlsjolund Creative Director Senior Member

Local Time:
    Swedish, English, Italian, Spanish, French, Japanese

Learning/can understand: Russian, German, Portuguese