What kind of character do you play?

Discussion in 'Aqua Polis Square' started by Aquroya, May 3, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Aquroya

Aquroya Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:57 AM
    This is what happens when you set a novel in a MMO based on people you don't remember all that well.
    What kind of character do you play as?

This post is more or less for recruiting minor and background characters for a novel I'm working on that is based on an MMORPG. So far there are a lot of characters, but a few more are always welcome, since a lot of them I can't remember well.

The class and aspect system is personality based, and are independent of weapons, so the more detail you can tell me about your character's personality the better. Please limit this to one character if you roleplay as multiple characters. This will help me determine their title. Don't worry if your play style doesn't match the class you got; classes and equipment are independent of each other. While some classes raise Mana (MP) faster than Stamina (HP), any class can use any weapon.

Currently the guilds in this MMO are (and since these were based on old guilds that I don't totally remember, I'm sorry if I got them wrong):

Ascended Apocalypse: Search for rare items and investigate rumors
    Kanardos: PvP guild, focus on duels and challenges rather than random PKing but allows it
    Omegus: Newbie help guild
    Havoc: PK guild, known for ruthlessly targeting newbies and looting
    Spam Scythe Squad: Random guild, usually PKs people and then gives them items instead of looting

If you want your character to be in any of these guilds please say so, otherwise they'll be listed in the characters outside of guilds.

I'll update this post as needed, but I think that's good for now. Comment with the name of your character, appearance, personality, and guild if any. I won't guarantee that they'll appear in the novel, but they will be listed in any additional information and at least mentioned in the novel.

Sorry, I wish I could have them in more, but there are a lot of major characters I have to give priority to >_<
    Also sorry if I got any tek avatars wrong. I did the best I could and I hope they look alright.

Currently Listed:

Zanom, affiliated with Kanardos, Archer of Void. Created by snakebyte12
    [​IMG] + black cape and hood

Aoi, unaffiliated, Count of Wind. Created by kungfuboom
    [​IMG]
    Sorry the layering error wouldn't let me put pants on him without going over the boots or armor so... imagine pants

Cerberuspaw, unafflilated, Seer of Wood. Created by Cerberuspaw.
    [​IMG]

Raidus, affiliated with Ascended Apocalypse, Summoner of Water. Created by Raidus.
    [​IMG]

Fein Sukanku, unaffiliated, Sorcerer of Lightning. Created by Fein Sukanku.
    [​IMG]

Mattimao1239, affiliated with Ascended Apocalypse, Reaper of Ground. Created by Mattimao1239
    [​IMG]

Chaotic Vortex The Neutral (Vortex), affiliated with Spam Scythe Squad, Knave of Wind. Created by Crim.
    [​IMG]

Izuna Suchiha, unaffiliated, Priest of Metal. Created by IzunaSuchiha
    [​IMG]
  2. Raidus

Raidus Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:57 AM
    I tend to play as the heavy melee dps classes, specifically the 2-hand weapon types. I'm also a really good healer, when I feel like playing one, lol.
  3. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    Are we talking class or personality?
  4. Aquroya

Local Time:
    Personality, sorry. The class system in this imaginary MMO is more personality based, since classes and equipment are mostly independent of each other... but I'll keep that in mind Raidus.
  5. snakebyte12

snakebyte12 Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    9:57 AM
    i'll be a serious person who will try to do what's best for Azure and aims to be the best. Zanom will also be hard on players not in his guild yet somewhat a smart alek making sarcastic insulting remarks occationally but only when he's fighting another player. and he loves challanges and would probably be in kanardos. he is a rouge in this game and will do just about anything to achieve his goal besides cheat. is that good?
  6. Fein Sukanku

Fein Sukanku Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I like to play the cute, bothersome character that's like "come ooooooooonnnnnn" and leaning on people when he doesn't get his way.
  7. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    I have multiple personalities. But a common theme is usually a character built around helping others. For examples I will use my payphone characters. I have played a fighter who does everything to keep the clothies safe. I play a paladin which as defined is someone who helps others. I play a ranger who while combat is strictly solo, he is all about saving others. In video games, I am keeping an eye out for others. As a mage or warlock, I do everything I can to keep my healers from getting attacked. Not always though. Sometimes I get annoyed at life and create a bad character. Like my other ranger who is a a team player as long as it helps serve his goals. I think I prefer support classes like the ranger or mage/warlock. But my personality also usually has me trying to be leader, which is usually the warrior or fighter classes, so I guess I lead from the back (but my ranger acts as a scout, so I guess I lead from the way front too).
  8. Raidus

Raidus Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Ahhh, ok. I though you meant the class style. ^^;

My character has a more laid back, easy going personality, who is always willing to help others when he can, leading to him often being the problem solver, helping hand, shoulder, etc of whatever group he's with. Almost contrary to that, he tries to be as self sufficient as possible, so that he doesn't have to rely on others unless he absolutely has to, but has no problems with going out in parties. His insight into things helps him see the truth behind situations that others usually miss.
  9. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    I like to have the silent type when I am in evil mode. Witty when I am friendly mode. And super focused serious when I am leading others. So depending on my mood when I create my characters, they will usually be one of those 3. Crim is obviously a witty and easy going character. Vortex will likely be quite, but I may make him witty and/or serious too.
  10. Aquroya

Local Time:
    All of these are such good answers... heheh, maybe I should make a different thread about this so you can all more clearly see what you're getting your characters into. Would this be the appropriate place to put this, or the art board?
  11. Raidus

Raidus Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Probably here, since its not really art.
  12. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    I always consider an art board for pictures and stuff. Stories are art, but I don't know just not the same. Oh, and the best way to describe my character would be random like sora, but funny like Crim.
  13. Aquroya

Local Time:
    Alright. Instead of spamming this section, I'm just going to redo the first post with more detail in a little bit, once I figure out exactly what I want to say.
    snakebyte12 likes this.
  14. Mattimao1239

Mattimao1239 Chicken Chaser Senior Member

Local Time:
    Serious and quite.
  15. Aquroya

Local Time:
    Okay, edit made. If everyone could give it a glance over and either reply or edit your answer, that'd be great, and I'll start recording information.
  16. snakebyte12

snakebyte12 Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    changed. take a look. c:
  17. kungfuboom

kungfuboom Monster Maker! Senior Member

Local Time:
    I mostly play as the quiet character who struggles alone for a while trying to go as far as he can without any help to become stronger so that with this strength I can then be useful to everyone else. I even go back to earlier areas of the game to help out those who have just started out playing. Sometimes I even go as far as saving my early prime equipment and passing it on so long as it is possible for me to save it. I've found many interesting people who play MMO's. There is even this one treasure hunt I remember going on with another player, it was quite fun once he joined me...yeah MMO's are fun ^.^

EDIT: IDK if this is what you wanted me to type out but this is how my main character usually always plays out
    EDIT 2: you could add me to Omegus if you wanted to, either way I usually end up helping newbies in the end and doing my own thing unless needed. Also I don't actually use my user name as my IGN please change to Aoi XP
  18. Aquroya

Local Time:
    Zanom (?) confirmed for Kanardos and kungfuboom confirmed for non-guild.
    Titles:

Zanom: Archer of Void
    kungfuboom: Count of Wind
  19. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    I play myself trying to overcome faults I find with myself in the real world in hopes that being stronger and more reliable ingame will help to change me into that person in every day life. Somewhat flexible in decisions and hesitant to extend myself, but once I've started my resolve is unbreakable.
  20. Aquroya

Local Time:
    Cerberuspaw, unaffiliated, Seer of Wood, confirmed.