We are back!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Keramory, Jan 18, 2016.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 9 users.
  1. Cosmic Architect

Cosmic Architect Active Member Senior Member Backer

Local Time:
    11:26 AM
    A fair question, I'm surprised there hasn't been another announcement already. Perhaps they are preparing that big event they were talking about?
  2. TokioKuryuu

TokioKuryuu Allgegenwärtige Katze Senior Member

Local Time:
    Kale is gone as well. It's like a whole team is gone already since this announcement.

How do we know they're planning big for the event? They're dead again.
  3. Lunex

Lunex Bloody Lunatic... Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    He's not gone, just silent. I see him logged on all the time.
  4. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    10:26 AM
    Hm? I'm not gone.

I know for sure work is still being done on the game. I get emails whenever something on the to-do checklist is marked off as completed.

I've attached a screenshot of one of those emails. Keep in mind that I can't release just any piece of information, so I've chosen an email that isn't too revealing, content-wise. That's also why it's from 5 days ago instead of a more recent email as well as why it doesn't give you any juicy details.

email.PNG

The devs have been unusually quiet, but like I said before it's not over till Siegfre, Kera, or Aryth say it is. Work is still being done on the game, and none of those three have said anything about stopping. So as far as I'm concerned the project is still on.
  5. Oberon

Oberon Mr. Outside Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    *casually notices "when im nani sore"*
    DAMMIT NOW I HAVE TO WATCH IT AGAIN! BLESS YOU KALE!! >:C BLESS YOU UNTO THE END OF TIME!
    calmchaos likes this.
  6. Quine

Quine Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    2:26 PM
    Uh, If you need anything for world domination and stuff, you can call me or the Illuminatti, we'll be happy to help! The community too.
    Nice work.
  7. TokioKuryuu

TokioKuryuu Allgegenwärtige Katze Senior Member

Local Time:
    So, the game is still alive after all! :D

EDIT: Some people will want to see the post from Siegfre. A friend of mine wants to confirm that ... using him. :oops:
  8. snakebyte12

snakebyte12 Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Oh uhm... well i hope work proceeds nicely. i've been busy with college and life as of late and i forgot to log on here regularly... it has been quite some time.
  9. AeonsCookie

AeonsCookie Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    9:26 AM
    So is it worth it for me to donate yet or should I hold back because I have no idea where this project is headed. especially after the big black dark empty gap of silence.
  10. Stalwart_as_the_Mount

Stalwart_as_the_Mount Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    they aren't accepting anything right now so I don't know where its going
  11. Daikonran

Daikonran Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    It's heading no where. There hasn't been any updates in forever. The developers log on, see concern about the project, and then log off. No response. No communication. Save your money, it's better spent on a roulette table than donated here.
    Nim and AzureKite like this.
  12. Amorouslovers.

Amorouslovers. Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Tbh, youre better off donating to the CyberConnects2 R:2 project, actually getting their stuff together over there. they arent acceoting donations right now, but when they do, it'll definitely be worth my $40 i spent here instead. v_v
    Daikonran likes this.
  13. Judge

Judge Active Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Amorouslover, I understand what you are saying but hopefully they give some time of update soon
  14. Ovan

Ovan Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Kind of lost hope at this point. I mean if they actually cared or were still working on it they would want their community that have donated to be updated on everything to keep people interested. Clearly they have abandon the project and ran off with the donations. Well played.
  15. axlsjolund

axlsjolund Creative Director Senior Member

Local Time:
    The current state of anything has nothing to do with taking donations and running. The devs began this project long ago, and have been working on it in their free time, with all expenses being paid out of pocket donation free. Eventually donations opened up, and it allowed alot more progress to be made over a shorter period of time. However it is important to realise that this entire project is being done by a tiny team, with 1 actual programmer, and all of it being scheduled around a entire life and actual jobs.

Sometimes people just don't have the time to continue work on a pet project for a while. Game development is time consuming, stressful, and can get very expensive. Especially when server hosting is involved.

The entire community here needs to take a step back, and remember that this is being created by a handful of people, for fun, because they enjoyed the original idea as much as every other fan. Donations show support and appreciation for a project. Donations do not entitle someone to constant updates on everyone and everything, nor does it mean said person will ever get a fully complete game.
    calmchaos likes this.
  16. Ovan

Ovan Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I understand that completely and yes they may be busy but I doubt they couldn't find time to just write a post or 2 a month to keep us updated or a plan for the future. I believe at one point they really did have fun working on this project but it doesn't seem like they really care that much as they used too. I mean you can't tell me even if you were completely busy that you wouldn't be able to spare less than 5 mins to write a post to just inform or update the community that has been built after so many years? Also since we mention donations and it not mattering. If you promise people something for reaching certain donation goals, which the community has amazingly =D, they should at least attempt to keep on their word and at least attempt to show people they are still striving to reach the goals they promised the people donating. All I have to say about, hit me up in private message so we don't clutter this post.
  17. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Siegfre [IridiumBased] President Staff Member

Local Time:
    8:26 AM
    I have been rather neglectful of the forums for quite some time. In between moving, and working the new job (12 hour work days huzzah) I've had to choose between a little interaction, or a little development. That said, I seem to have some semblance of a coherent schedule going now. Work is being done, I'll check back here as often as reasonably possible. That's all I have for the moment.
  18. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    8:26 AM
    Hello everyone. Sorry for the wait in a response. Unfortunately a lot is on Siegfres shoulders with life but especially this project. When he gets busy, the project goes to a halt. This is why we strongly encourage help with this project.

We also apologize deeply for the lack of a response.

Working on something physical to make it up to he users who have been waiting.

Also as for the donations... I've seen it here and elsewhere about us stealing money and running. I've remained silent on it because with our recent lack of responding I didn't have a right to argue, but just so you all know...

We ourselves have spent a lot of our own money into this project and made sure only one person has access to that money, to ensure there's no luxury spending. I myself have probably spent 300-500 over time into this project, and that's nothing compared to Siegfre.

Now if people want to argue our work ethic, or what we owe the community because of the donations... that's a conversation I completely understand. However the notion of us stealing is, sorry to say, a little humorous, considering how much I myself have lost to it (time and money).
  19. Alron Thunderdrummer

Alron Thunderdrummer Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    5:26 PM
    even though doubt by instinct becomes ever-present when communications are few and far between, my bottom line is to believe that you, as you say, continue work on this project to the reasonably best of your abilities. this
    should be taken as the central cause for the feeling of oblivion that surrounds the project and I wish people would be sattisfied with the communication that is present to a largr extent, and have some faith in their fellow human beings. there is really not too much reason to worry when we time and again get to hear that the game IS STILL being worked on, at times when the voices of doubt get too prevalent. then again, I´m not one of the people who have money in this, so maybe I don´t have a say in the matter.
    perfectmod and calmchaos like this.
  20. Stalwart_as_the_Mount

Stalwart_as_the_Mount Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Whether you've spent money or not you've spent time here and sometimes that is just important. I'm glad to hear this project hasn't been forgotten. Even more stoked that it's actually still being worked on, even if it's just a little bit. I took my own time off from the forums because life gets busy so I can understand.
    Salem, Cerberuspaw and calmchaos like this.