Watching from the Shadows

Discussion in 'Neko's Tavern' started by Mattimao1239, Jan 16, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Mattimao1239

Mattimao1239 Chicken Chaser Senior Member

Local Time:
    2:55 AM
    I could go into a big explanation as to where I went, but it'd be easier if this was done in a Q&A fashion.
  2. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    11:55 PM
    No need to explain. You were twitterpated. I already explained it to everyone.
  3. Mattimao1239

Local Time:
    Lulz well that is true, but we actually broke up a couple of months ago. I've been going through some other stuff, mainly depression followed by hospital visits and lastly cancer.
  4. Mattimao1239

Local Time:
    Basically, depression ensued followed by hospital visits (liver failure and depressing stuff) as said above. Now it should be said that I have had a persistent cough for about three years now and some heart trouble in the past but nothing to serious and we had thought that I was lactose intolerant. But things had been getting worse recently so I had to go to the doctor again and the hospital visits weren't making things easier, so I had some tests done, echo tests, cat scans etc.

The echo test showed something called Tricuspid Regurgitation (TR for short), and we went through the causes and did test for them up until the most feared of these came up, Carcinoid tumor (AKA Cancer) now unfortunately these things are slow growing so you could have them for years and not even know about it. Basically they did some things and found it in my colon, they checked the other tests (cat scan and all that) and some blood stuff or something idk and basically it's "spread" (hormone release but no cancer) to my lungs and heart (causing the TR and persistent cough).

They've sense put me on some medicine called Octreotide or something and are monitoring me once a week, I go in again next week and they said we're going to add something called inferon I think. No chemo but probably eventual surgery. Not a good survival rate in general but those things are always depressing so I am trying not to focus on it.
  5. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    *hug* forget the survival rate. You're Mattimao and we won't let no cancer take you down. No. The only way Mattimao can be killed is by saving the world by catching a meteor. Or while fighting like a dozen zombie sharks, a reckless America drops a nuke on him, distracting him long enough for a sneak attack bite from a shark. He'd still catch and disable the nuke, destroy the zombie sharks and save the world. But zombie bites don't follow logic and we'd have to say goodbye as you live on the moon to keep us safe from u.

But in all seriousness. I'm in your corner. Beat this and return to being a fixture in this community.
  6. Mattimao1239

Local Time:
    I am not going to die so easily laying down, (no offense to anyone) I am gonna go out my own way, I want them to drop me deep into ISIS territory or North Korea or something with a crap ton of weapons so I can go full on Rambo meets Butch Cassidy and the Sun Dance Kid XD
    Brijesha likes this.
  7. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    Well. I doubt either of those would kill you. Maybe we'll do one then the other. Have you just go and single handedly take care of all the terrorist bastards. Then come back and survive this too.
  8. Mattimao1239

Local Time:
    Because 'merica :D
    oh_merica_640_19.jpg
    Brijesha and Cerberuspaw like this.
  9. Mattimao1239

Local Time:
    I didn't want to start a new thread for this.

I am stopping by really quick to say hello to everyone. I know the last few times I've been on I've said that I'd be back on regularly ASAP and while that's still true that probably means a while for me. So don't expect me here really soon but not too long either.

Like I said this is a quick stop so I don't know who's active anymore but I hope to see Cerb, Snake, Extian and a bunch of others.

Quick rundown, school, I was working for an advocacy group, then a political campaign for Jim Webb (I'd rather leave the politics off the board lol) I campaigned for a few other things as well whatever. Now I am looking at volunteering at a local museum and trying to get a job there after a while. It can all hopefully lead to me getting offers for field work or museum work in other countries. (Think I mentioned this last time I was on)
    I am still totally loyal to Azure FYI even if I end up being the only one left lol

Anyways, thought I'd let everyone know Ive missed them and hope everyone has been safe and healthy. I'll be back ASAP, I won't give an ETA just in case I am wrong again though

I know I said I didn't want to put political stuff on here but this is low key and funny, enjoy.
    1490555892793.jpg
    calmchaos and Cerberuspaw like this.