Unable to download Client.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Stellarvore717, May 31, 2014.

1. Stellarvore717

Stellarvore717 New Member

Local Time:
    6:16 AM
    Hello all!

I am having some kind of trouble, I try to download the Client but my Security System tells me there is a virus in the Client. Can anyone tell me what's going on? I really want to play this game but I can't afford to get infected.

Thank you!
  2. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    3:16 AM
    Well, I cant say there is or isnt a virus in the download because I dont know how to confirm it one way or the other. But I know that security systems can be over protective. Unless it identified a specific file that IS a virus, then it is most likely blocking it due to a file or file type that can be commonly used to hide viruses and it is just being safe rather then sorry. See if your software tells you what the file is. If you know the file, then maybe Siegfre can look into it.
  3. Aryth

Aryth Developer Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    5:16 AM
    @Crim is right. Some security systems can be a little TOO secure in that it flags files of a particular type or construction as always bad. If you really need some convincing, there's a site called Virus Total that will scan any URL for any sign of malware. Just go to that site, hit the URL link in the middle of the page and enter the download link for the game, which is http://iridiumbased.1upsdevelopment.com/[TheWorld]Client_1_9_2.zip

Then hit Scan It! It will tell you if it finds anything that you should be concerned about. (I ran these links a long time ago, and it comes out clean every time). Sometimes games just have files that anti-viruses do not like. That does not necessarily mean that a virus is actually there. Pre-emptive quarantine is better than waiting to see if there's an actual virus, even if there isn't a virus at all.
  4. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    3:16 AM
    I brought this to 1UP's attention, and he said Virus Total doesnt scan the download because it is too large of a file. But he did get web site errors for paths he says dont exist. So he is going to look into it further to make sure anything on his end isnt throwing up red flags.
  5. 1UP

1UP Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    6:16 AM
    Virus total doesn't appear to scan the link. It will return saying the site is clean but if you go to additional information you will see this :

However I just did a scan myself and this is what I got on my end:
    [​IMG]

As for an actual virus total scan, it can't be done since the max file size is 64MB, unless you were to break it up into chunks
    Last edited: May 31, 2014