Three-Mage type system

Discussion in 'Classes' started by MoogleMorphosis, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. MoogleMorphosis

MoogleMorphosis Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    6:51 PM
    For a bit, I`ve been sort of scattering my thought of this about site as some already know of it. I had thought about putting this up after the game settled, but I felt like it might have become late to discuss the backstory of the three differing factions of arcane study, I think that may reflect a mage's standpoint on their ideals. I kind of thought how diverse a culture, how large a history, was implied behind the name The World, and I thought it was inevitable for a world to have the same ideals on something like science, philosophy and the like are prone to disagreements, but at times like this, nobody would be wrong.

○-The first would be the already given Wavemaster class, that focuses on frequencies and the power of waves, which includes the two extremes, lower frequencies mean more dense, making a matter, higher, making light, if the waves in The World were taken in in the same or a similar manner as wave theorists(as opposing to particle theorists) in real life. With that said, everything we do and don`t see, emit it's own tune, a frequency.

○-The second, I believe to be inspired as the geomancer class seen in Final Fantasy Tactics, but after a bit of thought, I felt appropriate to call it Shaman. From someone in my discussions(not good at recalling specific people), said or implied that the terrain would have elemental bonuses,(and later in the discussion, decidedly maybe also in the weather), and it seemed perfect to have a class that used the terrain as his means of defending oneself. But anyhow, the in-depth part of this class is that ideally, some people felt more closer to The World, that they would try to become attached to it's spirit, so that they can use this terrain magic, and maybe as a means of a quest, to give them the ability to feel the harm that comes to The World, so they can make way to heal the patch from time to time.

○-The third, I have gone most deeply into, but I disagree with it's name, because mistmaster sounds like those mister-machines that are kept on to cool people on a hot day. Those that go under this branch would delve into studies of The Mist, which there is another topic to discuss that, but I`m afraid I`d be too long to leave it on the first post, and when it's already got a good enough heap to go under. Anyhow, these mages would be more psychological than the other two, as the mist has constant, but varying effects of lighter/positive and darker/negative aspects that affect the mood, and in that way, it can either increase or decrease HP/SP regeneration. Maybe as it's means of defense, the mage can flow out the mist(embedded with fear), to hide in, and to make people see shapes in it, get them distracted or afraid, and even after leaving it, the effects and hallucinations would follow for a small bit before the enemy gained their senses.

After listing these fellas, I`d like for everyone to think about it. x3 I kinda felt that for pvp, with wavemasters vs themselves at times, if some spells took time to cast, maybe the other could have the chance to cancel it out. If their waves are exactly opposing, and the enemy cancels it by the troughs disrupting the attack. :3

What are everyones' thoughts?
  2. Aryth

Aryth Developer Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    7:51 PM
    It's kind of interesting... But, we have enough classes as it is... So, I don't think we can use these ideas.
  3. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    I was partially aware of that, but I was beginning to wonder how far it'd go. x3 I look at Mabinogi, and see old classes and new, and they continue to add onto it, which is how I perceived this to be, since it encourages new ideas.
  4. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    Sorry, if the posts make anyone uncomfortable, for the knowledge that it won`t be put in today, but I`ll hope it has it's day to face everyone's decision, and I want to add onto it, to make it more dynamic for whenever the time comes for it.

○-For geomancers, perhaps if they aren`t decided to use their magic mostly on ground, I want an exception to be like tossing a stone for a chance to knock a flying enemy onto familiar ground. I don`t really think it should be solely magic, but I`ll think later on that, if people don`t talk of it.

○-Inspired by another, who wishes for a geomancer-like class, who may come to join this, and see where it takes us. He inspired the idea that maybe I could divide the elements into the mage classes, or that maybe we could choose our elements to go further into with each level.
  5. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    5:51 PM
    We have too many classes as it is as Aryth said. I would love to split wavemaster but then warlock would be just another of several DD.
    If anything Runecaster is the second mage, just a different approach.
  6. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    I haven`t seen any of the runecaster's moves yet, though in time, surely. owo Other than that, I feel strongly that there are bound to be quite a category of new additions, to add depth and dimension to The World for others of quite varying minds.

With that said, I`ve believed the image of the inspiring .hack series, is that people want to be able to make choices, and refine their strong points. I don`t know about you, but every time I play games, I try to connect to it, and see why I`m even playing it, what it does for me, what am I learning, etc. Having no voice over the critics and somewhat journeying spirits, I feel that in part, at least, it can relate.

Why I continue this, one could wonder, and I would still tell them that magic is a big part of culture, as all art and innate knowledge, and to add these classes, which may someday be ready, in my eyes, it adds a good part, and that in turn can add onto the knowledge capacity of the game, and what it can offer. Again, this all would come in sweet time, and even then, waiting for the future, its always flux and so much is unseen. I know nothing is 100% in or out, but I`ll play my cards, and see if, some time later, if it's deemed by the community to be a fit.

Is this quite alright? owo
  7. Orion

Orion Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Moogle I'm beginning to question the limit of your creativity. I like the ideas you have they look interesting but why mist-master always mist with you :p. It would probably be better to split it like in a skill tree type thing than a class if at all. Though seriously what's up with your mist ideas xD they seem endless next thing you know you'll come up with a monster that's made of pure mist xD. Good ideas probably won't get to see em in action at all or possibly to very later if anything. Keep up the good ideas Moogle hope to see more from you even if they do just stay ideas :p.
  8. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    I actually hope with the settling with the classes or advancements, that they'd have been divided by beliefs and branched off into societies, cultures great and whatnot, whenever the number of wavemasters and the technologies were advanced or something. x3 I was hoping those cultures would have made interesting new technologies or personalized, and we'd see more element out of that.

I was kinda thinking maybe the geomancer capital, or ruins, could have been at some desert canyon, with buildings made into the stone, say. I kind of saw mist masters as being more benefiting and surely survival material, but not something to really crack down on something, but uses the tricks of the mist to help him/her. I see them as nomads, and the wavemasters I`ve kind of saw as the arcane types that stuck out into a vast library, being as record keepers of sorts, and collectors of new additions.

I kind of thought mistmasters wouldn`t actually 'be' elemental based, neither geomancer technically, but use of the environment, that I suppose from a small word, that weather may, but the terrain would likely be elemental based in the first place. Wavemasters, I expected, were able to recreate the effects and maybe in this world, the bare look of the waves they bring up, such as the elements.

Thank you. ^^ I love thinking about this too. Maybe if I prove worthy or senior enough in the future, I could be allowed the client to add onto a seperate version of (if they continue with basic wavemaster, I`d just want to add this as maybe a side thing from the main game, from the site likely) the game, in a time where perhaps oculus and emotiv are within reach, and development would seem a haze, particularly designs, though I`m not all that creative in colors and alot of things. Heheh. Well anyways, thats all right now.
  9. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    Just a small thing, I feel that I have some two ways the geomancer can go, so I guess I`ll make the absolutes, such as geomancer and blue mage(learns skills of wild enemies), whereas perhaps the basic class could use a bit of both, like the wavemaster class.

I`d have to think more on the mistmaster if it were to have advanced classes.
  10. Zach

Zach Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    8:51 PM
    I know this is kind of an older thread, but Moogle, I think if there were a system like your, it already differs based on element. ie. Wavemaster-Air, Mistmaste-Water, Geomancer-Earth.
    What I think would be a better idea is to simply reduce the wavemaster into advanced classes based on the element you align yourself to the most. And with each advanced class comes certain strengths and weaknesses. For instance, an advanced wavemaster skilled in the water art is more adept at healing, wearas fire and earth are more physically enduring elements. The runecaster could use the same approach, more or less. Just with less true 'connection' to their element. Just an idea.
    But truly, however, a mage that specifically uses mist seems more like a water elementalist that being really dedicated to 'the mist.'
  11. Aryth

Local Time:
    Advanced classes are no more.

That doesn't mean that there won't be anything like specialization or something. Elements will be extraordinarily dynamic in this game, there's no telling how it's going to work at this point.
  12. Zach

Local Time:
    Is there a way you could link me to the most recent descriptions of the classes? I've been having this feeling the Thief is no more, and I would like to be confirmed. There's a lot of jumbledness to the forums in some areas, and at times I've been having trouble finding some of the most recent information and threads.
  13. Aryth

Local Time:
    There really isn't one... All that I'm aware of is that the advanced classes are gone... Other than that, I don't think there were many changes to the classes except they can use the weapons that the advanced classes were supposed to use. I don't recall ever removing the thief. If that were the case, Thieves wouldn't even be in the alpha...
    Zach likes this.
  14. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    Hm, no advanced classes...? Well, this is news to me, though at least I can just strengthen the primary ideas herein. Not to 'correct', but merely just to add in on what Zach had said, but with previous ideals, I assumed that wave would be more water, and mist would be air, as mist is the gaseous property of water, and the Mist wasn`t really intended as aquatic in nature. It was more for the prospect of where they connect to that I`d divided the class like that here.

For example, with the mistmasters(still unsure of the name), I`d thought they'd be more in touch with an energy, like old aether, though perhaps with not as much the aim to attack as to see and redirect the available traces of aether they could (see), and perhaps spur enemies into a fit. I wanted them to be more like the "seer" class whom could sense much from a distance through the aether, but not to be overpowering, so air, a passive element, I could see playing a bigger part for this guy, if elements are divided and not specialized by choice. Maybe shadow should fit also, because I could see people being sneaksters with this class.

As for the wavemasters, I`d have thought as the adepts that have their own strong will to make their realities, or spells come about, in an arcane fashion. Being able to adjust to different wavelengths or imposing their own. Fire and Water seems like fair polar opposites to adjust through.

Geomancers, I`d hoped to have a more primal source of connection, The World, and the power in numbers as perhaps I could speculate on the idea of available wildlife to come to the mancer's aid. Wood and Earth are easy to see this work with, though lightning is difficult to account for.

With all that laid out, I think that it'd be incredibly tough to come up with some underlying system with the aether, to go in with it. Just alot of development time. :Y Maybe lightning does indeed go along with runecasters, and in any case, lightning has a thing of history about the runes.

What ch'all think?
  15. Aryth

Local Time:
    There are more elements than this... And this does not coincide at all with our ideas of what elements are, where they come from and how they are used.

I've said it more than once, but all of what you typed is just theoretical, and, honestly, I have no idea where you're coming from or where this is going. Aether and mist, for example, are not concepts in our game...

I humbly insist that you try to adapt your plan to our game instead of coming from left field with some new wavemaster specs.
  16. Zach

Local Time:
    Tbi, I was thinking the same thing... I got so confused.
  17. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    Yesh, they are only hopes. x3 It doesn`t have to be explained further than that, I assume.

The elements, I am not sure what I could have said, that might have made me so certain as to where they come from, though I would say that I don`t assume the aether to be affiliated with it. As for it not being a concept, nothings has explained to me of the energy that fills the SP bar, though ather truly translates to "spirit" in a number of senses, and funny to say, air does seem to more accurately fit with the mistmaster class(perhaps, never to be), in that the english testiment that "holy spirit" in the original hebrew is more along the lines of describing a wind.

Hardly knowing where the forums are going and taking with things, and besides not experiencing these things, I am left cut off, and it ought to be seen as natural for those cut off from all else, have nought other than their own ideals. Maybe if I have, then I shouldn`t have called them plans, more as ambitions yet. .3. Our welding teacher(used to be, before everyone busted his equipment) set the line to call things ambitions instead of goals, because goals have a finish, and ambitions are just a journey, to be freely led to other conclusions.
  18. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    If weapons would distinguish a class, I suppose how I`d approach it would be to say that I dunno whether to think of the weapons to be interchangeable between the mage types, or if they held their own. Maybe thinking about it now, it could better fit as somewhat a quadruplet class system...

♠ If it were so, then I would speculate that in darkness, text couldn`t be read, and being a seer class, it may well have a ball, since I`ve noticed .hack to have no lack of, least with wavemaster staves.

♣ Wavemasters, as I`d seen to be arcane, in ancient things and studying magic in the scholarly way, it may be given a tome.

♦Geomancers I might see with a staff, as it'd be fashioned from earth or wood in some regard, and it`d just act as a catalyst in their works to resonate with the earth(its been said by some that wood is one of the better catalysts for such in the honest end). .3.

♥Runes being a form of text, and if lightning were to lie in the runecaster, then I could go far to saying light(enlightenment) could lie in that class.
  19. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    I may have to take back on the runecaster bit. With guns, and the idea that everyone can use skills as a form of magic, seems pointless to consider them more than the scholar or whatever, and something of a gunslinger. Still, difficult saying that, whenever all of the other types of mages have different tools. But what kind of work would a runecaster have with a gun that is intellectual-based, other than mechanics? Its surely a facet, but is it a tool, or solely a weapon? In which case, it may not even be classified as a mage, just a very knowledgeable gunslinger.

-Back to what Orion said, maybe there could be monsters of the mist. But I don`t think too many types would be physically damaging in the least, except maybe in places such as dark-based levels, where, in some other post, I`m thinking someone said that the element quality of a dark level, would sap health. I`m thinking some part to other games, like Dragon Age, where there are spirits of sins and embodiments of concepts and ideas. However, being too complicated and probably ineffective for multiplayer-based gameplay, it would seem that emotional ties may be made towards The Mist. This is a bit unrelated to the overall topic, and only aims toward my favorite of ideas, which is biased. I may try to find my topic about mist to add my thoughts on it.
  20. Stalwart_as_the_Mount

Stalwart_as_the_Mount Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Maybe there would be different status effects on different fields like wood field are - 10% to attack fire -10 to defense stuff like that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.