Thief

Discussion in 'Classes' started by Stalwart_as_the_Mount, Dec 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Stalwart_as_the_Mount

Stalwart_as_the_Mount Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    8:04 PM
    As a thief do I just find more treasure chests or do I just get better items out of them?
    Or perhaps be able to steal Items from monsters before defeating them?
    Maybe you need to take a treasure hunter to actually get legendary items or at least have a higher chance.
  2. Clazzick

Clazzick Active Member

Local Time:
    9:04 PM
    I feel like this would be game breaking. I thought the point of the thief class was for higher dodge chance and the ability to do dungeon runs quicker?

Higher chance for rare drops wouldn't be really balanced, imo.
  3. Mattimao1239

Mattimao1239 Chicken Chaser Senior Member

Local Time:
    I don't think it would be fair for a regular thief to have a higher rare drop rate...but I think for the Treasure Hunter advanced class it would make sense, but if they did do it then it would/should be higher by only a little bit.
  4. Clazzick

Clazzick Active Member

Local Time:
    I guess it would depend on the numbers. I just don't like the idea of one class having the upper-hand in obtaining rare items, unless they were to make them really weak.
  5. Mattimao1239

Mattimao1239 Chicken Chaser Senior Member

Local Time:
    That's understandable.
  6. Stalwart_as_the_Mount

Local Time:
    I found a few answers and yeah they are going to be very weak. It sounds like they will have a higher drop rate (not sure how much), rouges and regular thieves the same, but higher for treasure hunters. They'll have high evasion not sure what else.

Basically drop rate,evasion and accuracy will be the only things they excel at.
  7. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Thieves will be relatively weak/squishy to counterbalance that. It's not like you'll be able to solo with a thief and corner the market on items. Anything not 1v1 for a thief will more than likely end in disaster,by the time you can solo an area consistently with a treasure hunter the drop will be underpowered for your level. Rogues lose the item drop rate increase in favor of more DPS making them better combatwise. Thief itself as a basic class I can't remember if it is granted the item drop rate I'll post the link to thread when I've located it. This is what I've gathered, waiting for a dev post would clear up any misunderstandings for us.
  8. R3v07v3R

R3v07v3R Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    4:04 AM
    there should be an option to either have a slightly higher drop rate, but sacrifice a lot of their evasion for it?

That would force them to be in groups and balance the drop rate slightly more, correct?
  9. MoogleMorphosis

MoogleMorphosis Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    7:04 PM
    That would actually make sense, because everyone has to pick which traits one is best at irl, but also, thinking logically, if one were to find more items, I think that they'd have to stop to look more often than run. x3
  10. Orion

Orion Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    The only thing I see going for them is their evasion and loot finding (looking at the specs) and besides their sneakiness and behind attacks drop their evasion and they could just well be "dead weight" so to speak unless they could take blows like "insert the tanking class here." Though it would be pretty funny if some guys were fighting a boss they finally kill it and go for treasure and it turns out a rogue had taken 5 mins into the boss and had run away.
    R3v07v3R and MoogleMorphosis like this.
  11. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    Yeah without their eva theives have nothing else. So I believe they're actually pretty balanced at the moment. If you get the chance compare their stats to the other classes and it'll make a little more sense
  12. Raleigh

Raleigh Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I agree with this post.

If anything, Treasure Hunters should have:
    • Debuff
      • Attack Power
      • Accuracy
    • Buff
      • Evasion
      • Frequency of treasure found / rarity of treasure found. There should probably be only one of these, because if used in tandem, THs would constantly find upper-level gear and loot, rather than just a standard increase in chance or quality.
    Thoughts:
    • As stated above, there should only be one bonus given, either an increased rate of finding treasure, or an increased quality of treasure found
    • Possible loot radar on minimap, meaning that field-treasure (ie: treasure boxes that are generated with the map, not dropped as loot) would appear on the minimap within a certain range of the TH
    • Decreased attack speed as well as decreased attack power, to further focus the class on loot finding rather than combat. This would also encourage group play, as a TH would no longer be a solo-viable class choice.
  13. Orion

Local Time:
    Good thoughts and ideas except there is one flaw about the TH. It can be a solo class choice if your lucky (someone will be soloing) wait till they kill everything and kill them afterwards (if you can :p) or while they're fighting steal the loot and get out :D. Step three? profit.
    Signas likes this.
  14. Raleigh

Raleigh Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Sounds like I will be avoiding partying with THs in the future
  15. Orion

Local Time:
    Good thing I'm not a TH :D
  16. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    Yeah they only get an increased drop rate. Basically if BAMF Bird has a 2% chance to drop scrambeled eggs a treasure hunter would get a 10 % increase to that bumping it up to 12% If it also drops comfy feathers at 65% they'll be at 75% with a treasure hunter.
  17. Stalwart_as_the_Mount

Local Time:
    I might be wrong but it sounds like the whole part would get the bonus if they have a treasure hunter with them.
  18. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    Not til higher levels from what I remember
  19. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    6:04 PM
    Thieves gain higher drop rates
    Treasure Hunters gain even higher drop rates and other boosts in that field
    Rogues become DD with high evasion
    Signas likes this.
  20. Signas

Signas Active Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    I'm gonna love being a Thief. Don't know which class to advance too though, I want the higher drop rates, but i need the higher atk too.... Maybe i'll just be a treasure hunter and cope with the lack of damage.. :/
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.