The World setup scripts

Discussion in 'Aqua Polis Square' started by archaicINF, Mar 12, 2018.

1. archaicINF

archaicINF Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    5:26 PM
    Anyone have @Siegfre client and server built and running yet? I don't know Unity3d but googling tells me I should be able to open the project in Unity with a .unity file located in the Assests folder. Neither are in the root or sub-directories. I haven't found any example .unity files either. What did I miss?
  2. Ocra3000

Ocra3000 Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I took a look at it but it's coded so weird and bad, I'm going to take the maps I found over on DeviantArt and see about whipping something up myself. Shouldn't take long to have a basic system put together via Photon Engine for handling the networking and the maps as a base.
  3. archaicINF

archaicINF Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Anyhead headway on this and what do you mean by taking a map from DV? To make a 2d version of it with Photon Engine?
  4. Ocra3000

Ocra3000 Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Photon Engine is a multiplayer engine you can use in Unity for giving your games a solid multiplayer experience and no it would be 3D.

Casuallynoted has released some of the maps he used in VRChat on his DeviantArt page then whatever maps he doesn't have wouldn't be hard to rip and fix up. It would be like how IB use to be back in the day but with a proper Mac Anu map and hit boxes as you can get those now thanks to NCDysons tool for opening the CCS files used by IMOQ and GU/Last Recode.

Wouldn't be the same as using hand made assets like what IB tried but then again I wouldn't charge anyone anything or even accept any form of donation. Doesn't make it 100% perfect legally wise but it's less likely to be targeted for a C&D and BandaiNamcoGames doesn't go after fan games that much anyway.