The World: Question & Answer Thread

Discussion in 'The World Message Board' started by Vayu, Jan 19, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 10 users.
  1. Vayu

Vayu Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    9:00 AM
    Hello everyone!

So as we progress and develop, people are pondering and coming up with questions about The World, its background, and specific details. I respect the demand to acquire knowledge because all of you are eager to see a finished, stable, and working product so if you have questions please feel free to ask them here and either myself, other staff, or even veteran community members will post answers.

We ask that you all refrain from questions like:
    -Is the server online?
    -When is the game coming out?
    -when will you be done?

Also please try not to ask questions that are answered elsewhere on the forums, however we do understand that sometimes in your search of the forum you will miss a certain thread/comment that may contain your answer. All we ask is for you to put the effort to search the forum and make sure your question hasn't been covered already.

Other than that, please do utilize this thread to your heart's content as I have left this as a tool for you all to gain knowledge in an organized fashion.

Thank you all for your continued support!
    -Iridium Based Staff
  2. snakebyte12

snakebyte12 Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Umm, I've developed an obsession with .hack and was wondering if there was anything I could do to help get the game finished because The World online is practically a fantasy of mine that I want to see come true. If there is some way i could help, please let me know,okay? I'm very creative so i could prolly come up with some good monster ideas btw...
    Gambit likes this.
  3. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    8:00 AM
    There s a monster creation thread. You should also read the submission instructions too before submitting one, there's a waiver clause in it.
  4. snakebyte12

Local Time:
    Okay, thanks, will do.
  5. ihrn

ihrn Active Member

Local Time:
    11:00 AM
    Are you making this game with a game engine?, if so, wich one?.
  6. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    they were using Unity last I checked
  7. ihrn

ihrn Active Member

Local Time:
    It would be easy to port to ouya (awesome). Tho I think the game would need a graphics performance update.
  8. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    https://www.facebook.com/IridiumBased?fref=ts

Not sure if you've liked them on Facebook but most of the ingame updates are posted there graphical wise anyway. Because the forum is set to undergo a change not much is posted here
  9. ihrn

ihrn Active Member

Local Time:
    It seems like that.
  10. VodkaTonic

VodkaTonic Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    6:00 AM
    So I got my own question and I wasn't sure if I should ask or not... I was wondering if there was a way to sort of save your game, or if that hasn't been implemented yet. I am still figuring some things out though and if this is a common knowledge question, don't beat me over it :p Thanks!
  11. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    on the offline client? No sadly
  12. VodkaTonic

Local Time:
    Yeah offline, that's a bummer.. I finally learned how to sprint and got myself to level 4. Oh well.
  13. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    Siegfre is working on an online client for you all to enjoy...as soon as the characters stop harlem shaking all around town. Daily fixes are being made though!
  14. VodkaTonic

Local Time:
    Hey that's good to know! Thanks for the update, I didn't want to sound pushy or anything, I was mainly wondering if maybe I skimmed over the save function or just don't know about it or something. Anyways, thanks guys.
  15. snakebyte12

Local Time:
    What will the music be like in the game? will it be the original music? if not, can i get a sample of what it'll sound like?
  16. Extian

Extian Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
  17. VodkaTonic

Local Time:
    Interesting. The Evil one sounds pretty good for boss battles. The first one, I couldn't really think what it would be used for? It was pretty good though.
  18. Fein Sukanku

Fein Sukanku Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    When will The World be functional beyond the weapon shop? Either it isn't updating me, and I need to re-download the game, or nothing's happening...
  19. Mattimao1239

Mattimao1239 Chicken Chaser Senior Member

Local Time:
    It isn't even working for me at all yet lol I log in but every thing is black and demented...I am going to reinstall it and see if it answers my own question. Edit: It was just an anti-aliasing thing. Other than that I am now working out sprinting, if I can get to an area wut do? herp derp. But so far I am getting the hang of it.
  20. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    There hasn't been any game updates for some time now. And auto update has yet to be added so right now it's best to wait until they publicly announce the newest client.