The world patcher ( long ways away from being done)

Discussion in 'Neko's Tavern' started by 1UP, Sep 29, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. 1UP

1UP Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    7:02 AM
    This was something I was working on but haven't really gotten too far into it for various reasons.

Right now for testing all it does is just downloads the game. But I was working on the patch creator itself so till I get that done I can't really do much more for the client end. Anyways ideas are appreciated. Also if anyone has a better ideas on how it should look feel free to throw them out there. I am by no means a designer and to me this didn't look too bad.

halika, Ske|th, Mattimao1239 and 3 others like this.
  2. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    6:02 AM
    Personally, I love the way it looks. It may be best to add a popup message or something similar to let the user know the game has finished downloading/patching, or you could just have the "Progress" word or download speed parts change to "Finished patching" / "Download complete" once the patcher has finished doing whichever it was doing.
    I've found that progress bars don't always tell the truth. At least, they aren't always 100% correct from my experiences.
  3. 1UP

Local Time:
    That's kind of the case with this one. There's still alot of things I have yet to do. One being telling the user what file it's grabbing. The label is there just it doesn't do anything. I still haven't put in the ability for it to unzip anything. So what you saw was it download a zip file but it launched the game that I had already had there to begin with.
  4. Aryth

Aryth Developer Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    6:02 AM
    That... looks... amazing...

Seriously...

Really... It does.

The sounds are nice, the layout works with our theme. Very nice.
  5. 1UP

Local Time:
    Thanks, I actually took that from the home page
  6. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    4:02 AM
    I don't know if u were already thinking or planning on that design, but I suggested to use the theme and colors from the main page when u asked me. And it seems like that was the perfect idea.

I think u did an awesome job with the design. Can't wait to see it done!
  7. 1UP

Local Time:
    That's why I posted this to begin with because I really don't do designing so stuff like this helps me alot.

I actually had to go back to that message because I couldn't remember what it looked like. It was bad