The Rules and Guidelines about posting in the OOC Section.

Discussion in 'Out-of-Character' started by Brijesha, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Brijesha

Brijesha Teller of Seasons Senior Member

Local Time:
    6:24 PM
    oocintrophotoiridiumbased.png
    Welcome to Iridium's OOC (Out-Of-Character) Forum! This section of the forums' is intended for the out-of-game discussion and recruitment for your Iridium Roleplays and other roleplaying forums.​

*As a member, it is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with the forum's rules before posting. Posting in this forum implies that you read and understand the rules and guidelines and that you accept responsibility for the appropriateness of your thread or post.

-----------------------

General Posting Guidelines

Common violations to avoid:
    Terms of Service violations may result in a warning or a ban on your account.
    If you find Terms of Service violations, or threads that may need to be moved to a different forum, please use an appropriate report.

-----------------------

Rules & Guidelines for Posting in the OOC

What belongs in Iridium's OOC Section?

Threads in the OOC are typically created for the following purposes:
    What does NOT belong in the OOC?
    Do not post spam or threads that do not serve any purpose in the OOC.

-----------------------

OOC Thread-Making FAQ

This is a list of frequently asked questions to help you find the perfect roleplay while in the OOC!

What should my thread include when I make my first post?

Your first post should include basic info about what you like to roleplay. Listing topics will make it easier for someone to find a common roleplay with you. The more information you can post, the better. You can always use this format if you don't know what you should post:​

Can I brainstorm with other Members to make a roleplay here?

Yes! That's part of what this forum was made for! However, it is encouraged to have at least a basic plot to expand on. That way, you can post what situation would be great for a roleplay, and another user can add to it. Posting ".hack roleplay" really doesn't count as brainstorming, as it's just two words. Try to elaborate on what you think would be a good roleplay. That way other users have a good idea of what you are looking for. Having detail will also spark more interest in your roleplay.​

When I find a partner/roleplay/roleplaying group, should I change the title to something?

When you finish with a thread, changing your title to "RESOLVED" would help people know that you have finished with the thread. This way, less finished threads are bumped up by people thinking that you are still looking.​

Can I make help threads?

Making threads to instruct others in roleplaying is an awesome idea! However, when making a thread like this, you must show the information you are going to teach people who ask. Please do not make threads saying "I'll help you rp, pm me", or something to that effect.​

Can I advertise for existing roleplays?

Advertising existing roleplays in the OOC is acceptable. The only thing we ask is that if you have an existing roleplay, you try to explain what the roleplay is about. Try not to post a link and say "join please". Think of it as selling your thread to people. You should make them want to join, not just throw a link at them!​
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
    Oberon and Azrial like this.
  2. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    3:24 AM
    Unless something changed, you cannot change the name of threads. Kale or any admin level might be able to.

Actually, I guess I have the power to change thread titles now. If something minor needs changing I can help out, just send me a message.

Edit: Also, forum updated and it appears people can edit their own titles now.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014
    Brijesha likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.