The Medic Union - Hearts for Healing

Discussion in 'The Guild Corner' started by Kagu, Feb 21, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Kagu

Kagu Active Member

Local Time:
    1:05 AM
    The Medic Union
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the Medic Union.
    You'd like to join, right?
    No? Oh. Welcome to outside the Medic Union.

Welcome to the Medic Union.
    You'd like to join, right?
    Great!​
    I'm actually a bit nervous about making this now, seeing as I don't know who will stick around anywhere past alpha, but here goes nothing.

I've always had what I call a "healing feeling". Either I'm the support or I'm not happy, regardless of what game it is. Either that or being up-front is spooky. So, I've decided to make this with that feeling in my chest. I want a place for people with that very same feeling to congregate and spread the love.

It's hard to place an objective. I feel like we could follow the path of the original Medic Union and support people we meet on our travels, whether it's helping them complete the dungeon, or giving a quick heal-and-buff. But we'll cross that bridge soon enough.

Me? My forum name and player name are the same, so send me a flash mail whenever (If that works...), and we can do whatever, although there isn't much to do yet. There's not too much to say about me, I'm only on sometimes right now, because I've run out of things to do, but anyone can feel free to message me about whatever. I'm slow, and I do everything at my own pace, but I guess I'm mild enough that everyone can talk to.

So! Leave your information in this format:
    Name: Forum Name/Ingame Name (If they differ)
    Class/Class To Be: (We accept all classes)

...And that's it, really. Guilds are currently implemented in a limited way, although I don't know much about what functions have been added. Feel free to message me and we'll learn.

Talk and chat, do the healing dance.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    Mattimao1239 and Zach like this.
  2. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    10:05 PM
    Love the guild idea. I'll definitely keep your guild in mind when I'm short a healer for a party. People like you are often over looked but completely necessary in games. Someone needs to heal, and it's great when u can find someonewho enjoys doing it.
  3. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    12:05 AM
    Yeah I can see your guild taking off big. Especially when large group bosses get introduced. You won't have enough staff to cover the demand
  4. Kagu

Kagu Active Member

Local Time:
    I think you're right. Healing makes the foundation of any party, and it's always in demand. If I can support that demand, I can gain more members through notability, and supply the demand further.
    I mean, the whole thing's just a framework right now, the game isn't far enough, but some day.
    Remember us when healing gets implemented.
    Cerberuspaw likes this.
  5. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I really hope your guild takes off. Because I hate wishes, you have all of my hope that your guild flourishes.
    Also, I just want you to know that your post is overflowing with voice. I love it. Thank you for existing.
  6. Orion

Orion Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I liked this idea only wish I could join it. But, I devoted myself to another section of "chaos". I hope your guild flourishes and may the soothing eye of the storm watch over you always.
  7. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    10:05 PM
    Azure actually has a healing section dedicated to healing. It is ran by a dragon.

But, that doesnt mean I dont still support this guild. I hope (because Kale doesnt like wishes) there are other healers like you to make your guild supper successful, and it doesnt cost too much to rent out a healer for a day (im only guessing u will charge because of how wildly popular u will be and u will need to do something to keep the requests down).
  8. Kagu

Kagu Active Member

Local Time:
    Hmm, I'm still considering things like prices. One step at a time, I think.
    I've considered some options and standards, but I'll wait for things to take off.
  9. TheEnigmaticLahran

TheEnigmaticLahran Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    If I wasn't already in Enigma, I'd be extremely interested in this guild. I usually prefer healing and tanking in most MMOs. However, I've been most interested in the thief class for this game, as it opens up a new role.
  10. Zezockary

Zezockary Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Good luck to you, I would probably join if I wasn't already in Azure. I am the one Crim was talking about.
  11. Kagu

Kagu Active Member

Local Time:
    So, I've mulled over a few things.
    Player Killing
    I personally don't have anything against PKing, but I think it should be frowned upon in the guild, considering the guild's nature. If we gain a reputation for PKing, people will begin to distrust us.

Cost
    I'm still a little undecided on if we're going to be a "contract" type guild, where a client would place an order for a Medic of level so-and-so, provide payment based on the level and provide the keyphrase so the Medic can meet them there, or a free-request service where people would just message requests and we'll see what we have. I'm fine either way, but maybe option one would bring in more members. Additionally, I was thinking that the cost would be (Area Level * 50)GP, but I'm not sure what GP is actually worth right now.

Just a little to think about.
  12. Orion

Orion Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:

Although I won't join this guild due to being in Azure. I wouldn't mind being a backup healer if you needed one.
  13. Kagu

Kagu Active Member

Local Time:
    Like outsourcing my jobs?
    That sounds good if the demand gets high.
  14. Kagu

Kagu Active Member

Local Time:
    Notice
    Guilds have now been implemented!
    An official guild has been created.

The opening post will be changed to reflect this.

15. Kusoneko

Kusoneko Member

Local Time:
    Hi. So I think I'll join this guild. Kagu, I've sent all the details in the conversation I just created with you. It was kinda long so I didn't want to make this thread transform in a huge wall of text that people will react with "TL;DR", and since I was talking to you on pretty much all of the long message I decided to send it as a private message instead.

So I'll still write the basic info asked here so that everyone sees what I'll be:

Name: Kusoneko (I'll try to have this for both in game and on the forums, actually I already created an account with this name so I guess I have the name already?)
    Class: Wavemaster Cleric I guess, since they seem to be the best healers from the description on the website.

Kusoneko.