The Last Melon

Discussion in 'Events' started by calmchaos, Sep 26, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    7:59 PM
    The Last Melon.png

The game has come pretty far in these past few months, and we've almost reached our next donation goal: $16,000! We're about $500 away from that, but I think we can do better. I think we can make a straight shot to $17k, or even $18k. There's almost no way that any one person can make that happen, so I'm making this an event. The goal of this event is to reach $17,000 in donations by November 1st, 2014. Together, we can do this.

Of course, there's no way this could be an event without some prizes, right? Right. That's why I have this wonderful list of prizes you can earn!
    1. The person who donates the most during the event period will get a special forum title, Mr. Outside, The Supporter, or Noblesse Oblige. That person can pick one from those choices.
    2. The first person to donate $40 during this event will receive a forum title as well. The choices are Alpha I, Alpha II, Alpha III, ...IV, ...V, ...VI, ...VII, ...VIII, ...IX, ...X, ...XI, ...XII, or ...XIII. The Alpha part is non-negotiable.
    3. The first person to donate exactly $1 will receive the third and final forum title, $9 Billion Short.
    4. Excluding forum titles, there are also a horde of medals to be earned. These will be the last medals of their kind before the upgrade to AIDA 3.0, hence the name "The Last Melon." The requirements for each medal are as follows:
      • Donate exactly $1 at one time.
      • Donate exactly $5, $10, $15, $20, $25 at one time. (Each has its own medal)
      • Donate exactly $40 at one time.
      • Donate $50+.
      • Donate two times.
      • Donate three times.
      • Donate four times.
      • Donate five+ times.
      • Post on this thread.
    If we reach our goal of $17,000 at least a week early, I will ask Siegfre about a special prize that all donators will receive. For now, though, let's just leave that prize a mystery.

Here are the rules:
    • You may donate any number of times and in any amount you desire.
    • Your donations will only count for this event if you take a screenshot of the confirmation page, black out all personal info, and send it to me in a private conversation.
    • Donating $1 five+ times does get you the five+ medal.
    • Forum titles will only be given out so long as the $16k goal is met. We must earn at least $500 to complete that goal. Don't worry, I'll update the thread with how much we've earned as it comes in.
    • Everyone who donates for this event also qualifies for the legendary sword, Tyrfing.

Event Donation Counter: $605.00

Note: $1,500 gets us to $17,000.

EDIT: Thanks to Crim, I can now hand out another prize. Everyone who donates gets one of Crim's tokens. Each token is allowed to be exchanged for one game from Crim's list.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    Brijesha likes this.
  2. jasonresno

jasonresno Active Member

Local Time:
    Donated $1.00 just to nab that sweet forum title. When I get paid I'll drop in a real donation. This a great idea!
  3. calmchaos

Local Time:
    Look at that, we're already to $41. Both the $1 and $40 forum title prizes have been claimed. The final title is still up in the air, and will be until 11:59PM North American Central time.

EDIT: $91
  4. Skyeleis

Skyeleis Active Member Senior Member Backer

Local Time:
    6:59 PM
    Just put in $150, I want to see these goals reached.
    Cerberuspaw, Keramory and Oberon like this.
  5. calmchaos

Local Time:
    Thank you to everyone who has donated so far.

I've already updated the thread, but I want you to know that Crim is generously allowing me to give out tokens to those who donate. Everyone who has donated and donates for the duration of this event is eligible to receive a token. This token can be exchanged for a game from Crim's list.
  6. Lord Slag

Lord Slag $9 Billion Short Senior Member Backer

Local Time:
    5:59 PM
    I'll donate again once i get paid =D
  7. Lord Slag

Lord Slag $9 Billion Short Senior Member Backer

Local Time:
    Lets do this!
    1$ done!
    5$
    10$ done!
    15$
    20$
    25$
    40$ done!

figured i could handle a buck till i get paid hehe
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  8. calmchaos

Local Time:
    Well, it appears that some people have been donating outside of the event. This just means that it's all the easier to reach our goals. In fact, we're almost to the first goal of $16,000. We just need $20 more! Then, the road to $17k begins.

We can do this.
  9. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    Consider it done.
  10. Brijesha

Brijesha Teller of Seasons Senior Member

Local Time:
    8:59 AM
    I donated twice! A dollar each time. :]
  11. calmchaos

Local Time:
    Thank you, everyone who has donated since the last time I replied to this thread.
    Due to anonymous donors, ones who do not wish to be part of the event, we ended up a lot closer to the first goal of $16k. Then, Crim gave us the last $20 we needed. All the forum titles are now assured to their recipients upon the closing of this event.

Bri is the first donor towards our next goal, $17k! We managed to raise $500 over the course of six days, so I know that we can raise the other $1,000 over the next four weeks. Remember, if we get to $17k at least one week before the deadline of Nov 1, everyone who has donated during the event up to that day will get something extra special.
    Brijesha likes this.
  12. calmchaos

Local Time:
    NOTE: The donation counter does not display donations from those who did not message me. We have gotten over $500, but only $339 of that $500 has been reported. Anyone who has donated since Sept. 26, 2014, is welcome to message me with their proof of donation up until the deadline of Nov. 1, 2014, at 11:59PM CST / UTC-6.
    Brijesha likes this.
  13. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    And each donation you register with CC you will get a token to use on my prize page for free games!

I think that's what they call win-win win.
    Brijesha likes this.
  14. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    I'll do the Ice Bucket Challenge (or something equally retarded) with Flying Panda if we hit the mark?
  15. calmchaos

Local Time:
    Another $10 has been raised.

That sounds like a good reward. Anyone else like the idea of humiliating a developer if we reach our goal?
  16. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    I wish I could help more. But its the slow season at my main job, and I wasnt given any hours this last week at my second job and my Herbalife sales are non existent atm (but Im working on that). So, as it sits I will already be short on anything this month. Have a birthday I needed to buy a gift for, a wedding I still need to buy a gift for, plus I like to buy stuff and want to see a couple movies this month.

But, should I find the money, I will try to pick up a few more badges.
  17. Excel

Excel Alpha XIII Senior Member

Local Time:
    2:59 AM
    That Alpha title is going to be mine....:rolleyes:
  18. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    Anyone else interested in an update. How are we doing CC? Do we need to dump more in the bucket?

And for those who have donated, have u been looking at my prize list to use those tokens you've earned for free steam or desura games?
  19. calmchaos

Local Time:
    So far, no more donations have been reported. I'm sure there have been plenty, but no one's told me they've donated.

Remember to report to your donations! Prizes await you until November 1st.
  20. Kyzaro

Kyzaro Active Member Senior Member Backer

Local Time:
    2:59 AM
    Donated 20, 15 and 15, Dollars :D !