Tales fans

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Renny Wilder, Aug 11, 2016.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Renny Wilder

Renny Wilder Member

Local Time:
    4:01 PM
    Who else here plays the Tales of series? I know that a lot of people who like .hack and also like Tales of so I was wondering if there were others here.
    calmchaos and Cerberuspaw like this.
  2. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    3:01 PM
    Love the tales of series. Personal favorite tales of destiny 2 or tales of eternia when it was renamed. Was the first one I played.
    What's yours?
  3. Renny Wilder

Renny Wilder Member

Local Time:
    I loved Tales of Eternia! I was never able to get a copy of it myself but I watched a walkthrough of it and the story was really good. I liked either Symphonia or Legendia the best. Legendia gets a lot of hate but I actually really liked the story
  4. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Tales of Xillia 2 is my absolute favorite, but Xillia, Vesperia, and Symphonia: Dawn of a New World come close. I played Symphonia some, but after those other four, it just didn't do it for me. I'd probably have liked it more if I had played it before the others.

I did very much enjoy the Symphonia anime though, but I especially loved the Abyss anime. The other anime weren't as memorable as those two for me, but I do remember enjoying them when I watched them.

I soooo can't wait for Berseria. Really need to finish Zestiria first, though. :x
    I wonder if they're ever going to make another non-ia game again. Not that I have anything against spirits at all. Just for variety.
  5. Viscro

Viscro Community Manager Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    10:01 PM
    My absolute favorite is Tales of Symphonia and it's also the first Tales of Game that I've played so far.
  6. Renny Wilder

Renny Wilder Member

Local Time:
    I liked Xillia 2 a lot, I thought that the concept of fractured dimensions was so cool, and seeing all the alternate plots was really interesting and could get really sad for me when we had to destroy them. I loved the Symphonia anime, and how it gave sort of a different look on the series like how Trilogy did for .hack. I haven't even played Zestiria did, I should buy it before the summer's over. Do you like it?
  7. calmchaos

Local Time:
    Hm. I'll have to finish it before I give you my specific opinion on Zestiria, but I believe that all Tales games are worth a playthrough. That doesn't mean I believe they're all worth buying.
    Cause like for Symphonia, since I didn't fall in love with it, I'd recommend borrowing a friend's copy or using a service similar to Gamefly or something. I only recommend buying games that you intend to play for a long time or intend to do multiple playthroughs of. Or for collections. Cause gotta catch 'em all.

I've enjoyed what I've seen so far, though. If you intend to play Berseria, keep in mind that it's a prequel to Zestiria. It's set well before Zestiria's story but still.
  8. Krescent

Krescent Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I've only ever beaten Phantasia and Abyss, though I've played and own many of them. So far Phantasia is still my favorite with Vesperia being a close second.

Eternia's Japanese opening is one of my running songs.

Cerberuspaw likes this.
  9. Renny Wilder

Renny Wilder Member

Local Time:
    I think I'll start watching a walkthrough of Zestiria to see if I like it enough to buy it. That's what I did for Xillia too. I've currently been playing Phantasia but I get stuck in it sometimes for some stupid reason or other, and now is one of those times. I want to get through it without using a walkthrough at all, so sometimes I get stuck and when I realize what I did I think that was so obvious XD I really like Rebirth's Japanese opening, it's very pretty
  10. Renny Wilder

Renny Wilder Member

Local Time:
    Also, question. Who played Tales of Graces and opinions on it? Am I the only one who wishes that Asbel and Richard were cannon?
  11. Krescent

Krescent Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Fun battle system and great art style.

As for the second question... nah.

[​IMG]
  12. calmchaos

Local Time:
    Oh, that's right. I did play Graces f some. Never finished it, though.
    The extensive title system was pretty cool. It's really interesting how the story unfolds, starting with them as children.

Speaking of Graces, Zestiria's combat is similar to Graces f meets Xillia. The battle camera, however... that came from hell. Then again I'm always moving the camera around in battles, so it probably affected me more than most people.
  13. Renny Wilder

Renny Wilder Member

Local Time:
    I did really like the childhood arc of Graces. I really didn't like the post game arc though (I forget what it was called). It felt kind of silly.

I'm still not sure what my opinion on that battle system was. I kind of had a hard time with it since I was so used to the battle system of the older Tales games.