Sir Nathan Lennox, The Knight of The Pale Sky - Let Thy Be Known!

Discussion in 'Neko's Tavern' started by Nathan Of The Pale Sky, Feb 20, 2016.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Nathan Of The Pale Sky

Nathan Of The Pale Sky Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    12:23 AM
    "Greetings, adventurers of The World. I am Sir Nathan Lennox, The Knight of The Pale Sky, First of The Descendants of Aura, Leader of The Knights of The Gray Dawn, veteran explorer of The World, expert in the art of combat, and legendary with a blade. Now that The World is regaining light and prosperity, I offer my personal assistance to any lawful and moral adventurer in need of such! Whether it be in vanquishing thy evil doing foes or in pioneering unknown lands! I wish to protect the peace of our Towns and homes and to keep thee restless atrocities of the far lands away from the innocent, away from our safe havens. I offer sympathy to no man who dare threaten the peace and unity of citizens in the Towns, and neither to those who stalk the fields and dungeons like cowards, waiting for a opportunity of preemptive strike upon an unsuspecting adventurer, no better than the monsters we slay with our steel and spells. I hope to serve those leading the prosperity of The World, these new guardians who uphold great burdens so that we shall enjoy and immerse ourselves in the lives we love, to greatest of my ability. Please, those of good intentions, shalt not be shy to approach me, as thee casual conversation with a fellow adventurer is the greatest remedy to the wounds thou hath suffered upon thy battlefield. However, those of evil intentions, hesitate to approach me, and if thou hath gained the courage to test my hand at a duel of steel, than thou shalt receive no mercy... For Aura and for The World!"

- Sir Nathan Lennox, First of The Descendants of Aura, The Knight of The Pale Sky,

Thanks everybody for having me, I'm going to try my hardest to stay in character, even on the forums from now on. I'm going to base my entire presence on here around the character Balmung, or Knights of older tales in general. Naturally, the linguistics, terms, and manners of speech these guys used to use sounds arrogant and honestly, pretty rude. However, I am going to stick to character, and of course will never try to offend anyone here unless someone really gives me a reason to, even then I'd prefer to settle it in the PMs though, hopefully peacefully or else "meet me in Delta Hidden Forbidden Holyground, son of a-"... I'm just kidding... Maybe.

All jokes aside, if I ever do come off as rude, I really apologize, please just look over it. If I actually have a problem with something or somebody I will of course message them first to try to even things out. If I ever do offend someone on here with my "knightly speech", by all means, please, private message me so that I can formally apologize and make sure we're on good terms.

I honestly hope that some time in the future this change of course and evolve into a major, thriving community where The World vision has finally came to live to its full potential, but as of now, it would appear that there is not many of us, and that this is a very close knit community and that the active members form somewhat of a brotherhood. The absolute last thing I want to do is interrupt that, if anything, I hope you guys accept me with open arms, because if everyone really does pull this off, we'd be making a very incredible and inspirational part of Video Game History.

P.S. I'm also not an expert or even experienced in Old English, so cut me some slack and let me just sound knightly, please. :D

- Sincerly, Nathan Lennox
    calmchaos likes this.
  2. TokioKuryuu

TokioKuryuu Allgegenwärtige Katze Senior Member

Local Time:
    [​IMG]

Please, I ask of you, don't be rude too much to us if you want to do this "knight-y voice" way. Some of us might will take that as an offense. Just a warning. I understood that you liked that... but just please don't. Thanks. Welp, welcome to Iridium Based either way!
  3. Nathan Of The Pale Sky

Local Time:
    Of course I'm not using this as an excuse to be a prick haha. But instead of "Yeah, man, I get it! Haha" it'd be more of "Yes, I understand." or "Nah, bro, not my way." it'd be "No, I shall not."

.Hack// Infection? Balmung? Helba: That was rather childish for Balmung of the Azure Sky...
    Balmung: I do not speak with hackers! :l *trot off arrogantly*

>
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    TokioKuryuu likes this.
  4. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    11:23 PM
    welcome to The World.gif

So long as you only say what you really think, no one here will complain. Glad to have you.
  5. Nathan Of The Pale Sky

Local Time:
    Much appreciated, glad to be aboard. I emphasized far to much on the voice, but I honestly love to roleplay and even if people think its silly reading it on the forums, after a awhile it will begin to become typical and normal and the elegance of it will become a thing of respect ( I hope. Haha) Plus, when things really kick off ingame, I can just go straight to it and everyone will understand why I do it! :D
  6. TheEnigmaticLahran

TheEnigmaticLahran Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Welcome to the forums, but let me do a quick lesson on "thy". You basically use it instead of "your", so, for example, in the title, it would be "let thy [insert noun here] be known". If that was simply a typo where you forgot to put "name" in there, sorry, but in case it wasn't, I'm glad I caught you here.

Also, here's a fun picture to welcome you.
    [​IMG]
  7. TokioKuryuu

Local Time:
    Actually, I think he meant "thou" instead of "thy," since it means "you."
  8. TheEnigmaticLahran

TheEnigmaticLahran Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    But it doesn't make much sense to say "let you be known". *Shrug*
  9. TokioKuryuu

Local Time:
    You might be correct, but I believe you're also wrong. In my English literature class, I had happened to read the line "Let thou be known," spoken by a noble knight in one of really old English stories used for literature education.
  10. flamedog

flamedog Draeanale Senior Member Indiegogo Backer Parkour Master

Local Time: