RuneCasters and WaveMasters

Discussion in 'Classes' started by Rav, Jul 8, 2016.

?

What Do you think?

1. I agree

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I disagree (answer in replies)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Mixed (answer in replies)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Rav

Rav Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    7:10 PM
    I'm not sure if this is still the case, but in the "Classes" sticky thread, the Wavemaster has a higher magic attack than the Runegunner along with equal magical accuracy. This doesn't make sense to me at all. Isn't the point of Runecasters and shells to weaponize magic? I imagine Wavemasters can heal and do a lot of AOE and elemental spells and be able to buff their comrades, I see them as more of a magic support class with some magical offence. I see the Runegunner as the opposite, a damage class with limited support capabilities, but the way it seems to be set up now, the Runegunner is just a weak version of the Wavemaster minus the support capabilities.

Side note: Does anyone know if this game is being worked on currently? And is anyone else unable to warp to fields other than Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground?
  2. Quine

Quine Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    10:10 PM
    We have some fields, just try out some random keywords, we have 6 fields other than HFHg...\
    try bursting eternal hypha
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  3. AzureKite

AzureKite Well-Known Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    8:10 PM
    If it is, their being really hush hush about it which after the events of the last few months with them "coming" back, nothing has changed and game is still basically unplayable. If they release an update, yay, if they never do, wouldn't shocking at this point.
  4. Rav

Local Time:
    They raised over $20,000 dollars. With that they could hire programmers and 3d modelers. I don't understand why it's not up and running.
  5. Lunex

Lunex Bloody Lunatic... Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    20,000 was over a period of 2013 to now. They also had to spend the money over time to keep servers up and to use assets that have since made noticeable changes to the game. And in reality, I wouldn't expect $20,000 to get much time with a professional programmer and modeler. Course, this is under the assumption that code people work for more than minimum wage.
  6. AzureKite

AzureKite Well-Known Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Because they thought the smart thing to do was have Sieg have all the server files and access to the donations, in which he then vanished for like a year without telling anyone. He came back finally but that was months ago and what this there to show for it? One forum post.... Also what @Lunex said.
  7. Rav

Local Time:
    Yeah, I guess your right. It just doesn't seem like a lot of effort is being put into this game anymore. It seems like it should be going somewhere to me. Sigh. I really hope this doesn't die.
  8. TheEnigmaticLahran

TheEnigmaticLahran Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I doubt it's fully dead, but it doesn't seem like the same amount of effort is being put in as before.

Before, updates weren't quite regular, but not too far in-between. While I'm disappointed, I don't suspect Siegfre just abandoned a project he raised $20,000 for. I don't know the details, but I was told that Siegfre's absence was out of his control.

I'm willing to wait quite a bit longer, especially considering I can hang around with the community.
    Rav likes this.
  9. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Yeah I just use this place as a hangout that I've grown quote fond of. I donated my fair share knowing that the project could at any moment stop. I want an update but given the lack of one I suspect there is a reason for the silence, but I've made my peace quite some time ago.
    azuretre likes this.
  10. flamedog

flamedog Draeanale Senior Member Indiegogo Backer Parkour Master

Local Time:
    Seconded! Though unfinished I've gotten a lot more enjoyment out of [The World] then I expected(2d & 3d)... I just don't want the forums to go poof... I mean where else am I to ramble about novels I'm reading...?(You can just go dumping that in any old chat ya know). What will happen to Lunex in their fight across the dimensional plane against the Nega beings?

To keep this on topic... as a rule of the forums is to not derail(unless the topic of the thread is to derail the thread in which case staying on a topic that isn't derailing could get you banned... I know kind of funny and highly unlikely). I agree that runecasters should of course hold what wavemasters have now in the attack side of things... then again I believe currently wavemaster holds the powers due to not all classes being totally added in or working so it was more of a OP place holder...
    Cerberuspaw likes this.
  11. Cosmic Architect

Cosmic Architect Active Member Senior Member Backer

Local Time:
    There are currently(that I know of and have been to) three other locations. You could probably find them on the forums, but I could go look for them if you want. I found them myself through a bit of trial and error. The lowest level one(that is currently way OP to be honest) is easy to go to- Hidden Forbidden Sea of Sand I think it was.
    Rav likes this.