Recruiting Texturer!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Keramory, Jan 4, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    3:24 AM
    Hello everyone! We've reached major steps to completing The World thanks to your help and support! If you check out our facebook page we've posted some Blademaster photos for you to enjoy, but believe me, the armor is much more intense from there. We've also have plenty of Heavy Armor and light armored pieces done as well, and are working on wavemaster pieces shortly.

We do need however, another dedicated member to work on textures! From weapon textures to helping us with character edit textures to further our customization, we always need help with textures! We have someone partly aiding us with this but they are busy with another aspect of art at this time.
    If anyone is good at photoshop your contributions would be amazing. I'm currently at work right now but I'll post some sample pieces for anyone interested to submit. We do demand some level of dedication and consistency as we are nearing our level of completion within the game however, so please keep that in mind.

Thank you to anyone who is interested!
  2. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    Here are some UI for those interested to test.

Knight's Sword
    [​IMG]

Here are some examples of textures for a thief weapon:
    Regular:
    [​IMG]
    Elemental:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. Apeiron

Apeiron Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    6:24 AM
    Am I allowed to submit my attempt here? Because I am.

Popped open GIMP to see if I could whip up something with the uv map template.
    I think that circle to the right of the sword was the shield? even if it wasn't, it is now.
    [​IMG]
    I may have overdone the blood a bit, but that's fine because blood looks cool.
    Tried to make the shield sorta bronze-ish, dunno how accurate it is.
    Cerberuspaw likes this.
  4. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    5:24 AM
    way better than my attempt
  5. Apeiron

Local Time:
    yours wasn't that bad. Just a different art style.

Would recommend trying to draw over the green outline in the future, though. The same texture will loop on both sides of the sword, and the outline will screw with that if you leave it in the completed texture.
  6. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    Very good work ^.^
    I'm sorry for the misunderstanding however...I was at work when I posted this. The circle was the gem on the sword. This is the ingis sword a community member made (will go under a different name).

Speaking of shields though, I do request one more example ^.^

[​IMG]

An example
    [​IMG]

Thank you for your hard work!
    archaicINF and Crim like this.
  7. Apeiron

Local Time:
    woopsie. That was my second guess, at least ;D
    fix'd:
    [​IMG]

here's a shield. Elemental versions will have an emblem in the front.
    [​IMG]
    archaicINF and azuretre like this.
  8. Furryfox

Furryfox Member

Local Time:
    I don't mean to sound rude, but wouldn't shading spots of the texture not look right in game? like making it have a reflection in the texture would look weird on the model. http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/9108/bazzy0414copy.png , like in this image of a texture, the lighting and shine is all in game right? i might be wrong, I'm just yappin :)
  9. Apeiron

Local Time:
    No, that's a totally valid concern. As far as I'm aware, the game doesn't currently do such lighting effects on the weapons. If they decide to do so, I keep all my textures in layer form, so it's an easy matter to remove the shine.
  10. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    Theres some level of reflection needed...but very lightly. In older games the light reflections were all in the textures because they didnt have the technology/power to do it through other means.
    That being said the textures have depth with a little light and the engine enhances that with its own light and shadows.
  11. BelialMadHatter

BelialMadHatter New Member

Local Time:
    4:24 AM
    What happened to your texture person?
  12. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    You mean you?

Aperion is texturing for us now, but we can always use additional help. Oh Lordy could we use the helps
  13. BelialMadHatter

BelialMadHatter New Member

Local Time:
    4:24 AM
    Lol, no not me. I knew y'all had someone else. I dropped out before it was iridium.
  14. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    He long ago went mia
  15. kurisu

kurisu Active Member

Local Time:
    Is there something specific you need help with? If you have a list of things then I can scan over them and see if I can help.
  16. Furryfox

Furryfox Member

Local Time:
    i can help too ^^ if theres anything left
  17. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    Can you guys show proof of your artwork please ^.^
  18. Furryfox

Furryfox Member

Local Time:
    well i don't have any proof cuz I usually only draw cartoon style but i promise i can do good ^^; i have art in my Deviantart account but they aren't exactly textures http://haloman5678.deviantart.com/gallery/
    AkiraNekoKun likes this.
  19. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member Backer

Local Time:
    If you still need help im more than willing.
    MoogleMorphosis likes this.