Random Manga spoiler chat thread thing(with other spoilers as well)

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by flamedog, Aug 4, 2016.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. flamedog

flamedog Draeanale Senior Member Indiegogo Backer Parkour Master

Local Time:
    2:07 AM
    Because I said I'd make a thread to stop spoiling in shout box...

I'm going with it's been thousands of years and Watanuki is just alone... so he threw him self in to a dark sleep to imagine a new world :p (Spoilers due to the whole him living for 100+ years and that first thing being a dream and what not)
  2. Lunex

Lunex Bloody Lunatic... Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Of course, there's always the possibility that the mystery egg just makes Watanuki think a lot of time has passed and really we're still around that ten year period from original series.
  3. flamedog

Local Time:
    Haha that would be wonderful :p! All this time has passed... nope it's only be ten years Watanuki :p (hmm changing his post of time to add a extra 0 on the end)
  4. Lunex

Local Time:
    It would also mean that the two human women from outside the shop are still alive. Of course, shippers would never want to hear that that's the case.
  5. flamedog

Local Time:
    I wouldn't mind watching the ships sink
  6. Lunex

Local Time:
    Since it may fall under the category of spoilers, I'm going to mention two flying whales in anime that came a healthy way into the story.

First from season 3 of Dog Days--The Star whale[​IMG]

And recently from Re:Zero--The white whale, aka Gluttony[​IMG]

Also a game example, from FFX--Sin[​IMG]
  7. flamedog

Local Time:
    I forgot about the whale in Dog Days.. then I've only heard of it.. never finished season 2 of dog days
    No comment on Re;Zero yet.
  8. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    1:07 AM
    The whale itself isn't called Gluttony. Gluttony is the sin the whale is affiliated with, as the White Whale is just a mabeast.
    Similar to how Betelgeuse isn't Sloth. He's just an apostle of Sloth.

9. Lunex

Local Time:
    Well monster Puck called it Gluttony so I thought it was appropriate. And anyways the original point that started this conversation was that I thought flying whales should be appreciated.
  10. calmchaos

Local Time:
    Yeah, I guess it is kind of confusing how he says that. I assume he refers to it like that because he's suuuuper pissed, so he isn't in the mood to care. If he even knows? He does seem to know more about Satella than most of the other characters we've seen though which is weird. My guess is that it's because he's a greater spirit. Anyway, I only mentioned that to help nip a misconception in the bud.

Did you watch Flying Witch? Aside from the fact that it's seriously laid back, relaxing, and yet still entertaining, it should help cover your 'whale in sky' fix.
    Not gonna post any spoilers cause it's beautiful and I highly recommend the anime itself.
  11. archaicINF

archaicINF Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    @flamedog @Lunex @calmchaos can one of you post a Re:Zero link or message me with it. The site i use is still has Ep21 as he latest (by their numbering system). When they take down the white whale and recruit to go save Emilia
  12. calmchaos

Local Time:
    Kissanime.to or rawanime.tv are my preferences. They tend to put out the episodes very soon after they're released if not the day of.
    Keep in mind that episode 22 was released yesterday.
  13. archaicINF

Local Time:
    Thanks guys!
  14. Lunex

Local Time:
    Re:Zero, you always find a way to be unpredictable. To think that not only was Sloth split amongst multiple bodies, but it could take new bodies as well. I didn't think that we'd get a reset before the last episode. But with the death of so many villagers, maybe it was warranted. I just hope the new save point is post-White Whale.

And all the things that kept trying to align Emilia with Satella, I can't help but wonder if they aren't actually connected. On some level I feel as though Subaru actually met the Witch during his first life, would explain why he was given power to turn back time. But there's too much to come to speculate with any great accuracy.
    calmchaos likes this.
  15. calmchaos

Local Time:
    Yup. I'd much rather his actions with the whale to stay. Any changes there could be pretty detrimental to how the other characters perceive him, and I very, very much liked how that battle played out. Hopefully, he'll be taken to right before the flower scene.
  16. calmchaos

Local Time:
    @archaicINF
    Now that I think about, one issue Kissanime has is that they always get movies really slowly, regardless of when they're released. Episodes are relatively quick, but movies take a while in many cases. Unless it's something that's very highly anticipated.

Just a warning that if you want to see movies asap, you might have to check other sites. I personally don't mind the wait most of the time, but I know that just as many people don't like it.

---

@flamedog
    Hey, Flame. Where would you go to buy ReZero merchandise? Any recommendations?
    archaicINF likes this.
  17. Lunex

Local Time:
    Episode 25 and it's really over. Now I'm sad.

I figure Subaru wrote something like death or the end inside the cult bible and that was what finally killed him. But his idea about having the witch kill Betelgeuse, did he always have that idea but he needed to save the village, or did he take all the hours of reset to figure that out? Cause I had a full two weeks and I drew a blank.

And, the witch had Emilia's voice. I have this weird feeling that future Emilia is actually the witch for some reason.

My final thought, the title of the episode seemed so much like a final chapter title. It would have been more appropriate at the end of book 1 or final book.

Final, final thought, I hope season 2 comes.
  18. calmchaos

Local Time:
    What do you mean? He didn't even know about Betelgeuse's swapping ability until after the village was already being attacked, and it wasn't until it happened to him personally that he knew it could happen to him. He can't plan to use the witch to kick out/harm someone for a situation he doesn't know is possible yet, and I highly doubt he was in the mindset to come up with that plan while his body was in the process of being taken over.

He definitely came up with the plan afterward. Remember shortly after the reset when he was having that group discussion, he told them that he thinks he can be taken over? From the gist of how he acted at that point, I'm pretty certain he hadn't come up with a plan even then. It probably wasn't until he talked with Julius about that sharing senses plan that it clicked for him. But yeah, that was brilliant. Definitely never would have seen that coming no matter how long it took the episode to come out.

I dunno about that. I suppose it's a possibility as Betelgeuse did mention that bit about Emilia being a possible vessel for Satella, but I don't think that's enough to consider Subaru's witch to be future Emilia. You should definitely save that idea though. I could see it happening.

Supposedly there'll be enough content in about a year, and the author himself has said that he wants the whole thing adapted eventually. Positive signs.
  19. archaicINF

Local Time:
    Remember Subaru yelled at Julius to perform his spell before Sloth tried swapping bodies. He didnt know the witch would eject Betelguese, probably still doesnt know it was her doing. I wonder why she didnt didnt expell Sloth before the reset when he first possed Subaru.

It was Sloth that told Subaru Emilia was a vessel form the witch's ressurection. I'm interested in seeing how Subaru fits into the witch's plan though. He was dragged into their world and can't even speak of 'Return by Death' without the witch constricting him. He has to be a pawn.

As good as the show was I want to know more about Puck. A couple resets back the mansion got ransacked and Emilia died. So Puck turnes into a giant wolf, says F the entire planet and lobs off Subaru's head... Yeah, want to know mpre about Puck
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  20. calmchaos

Local Time: