Quote of the Day

Discussion in 'Aqua Polis Square' started by calmchaos, Oct 6, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 9 users.
  1. TheNewOld

TheNewOld Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    2:36 AM
    "Keep moving forward."

- Monty Oum
  2. AzureKite

AzureKite Well-Known Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    3:36 AM
    "Open Source MMO

Working on creating an MMO has been a long and difficult journey. At the time of its inception, when The World was only a dream - we had no idea that this game would require so much from us, and, while we have enjoyed the journey so far, we would like to make the path easier to travel for teams in the future -- since very few solutions exist for gamers and indie developers looking to achieve their dreams of creating an mmo aside from dedicating their entire lives to a project.

We hope to help fill this void by offering our game's code as an Open Source Project to the developer community; along with examples and documentation, we hope that gamers and developers alike can spend less time worrying about code and spend more time creating their dream worlds."
    - A project that never released source
    calmchaos and TheNewOld like this.
  3. archaicINF

archaicINF Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    "Mommy just cheated on daddy and that's why he never came back from the store."
  4. archaicINF

Local Time:
    "I hate your black skin. I hate your black pants. I hate black pepper. I hate black keys on a piano. I hate my gums, because they're black. I hate Whoopi Goldberg's *lips*. I hate the back of Forrest Whittaker's neck. Huh? Most of all, I hate that black-a@# Wesley Snipes."
    Cerberuspaw likes this.
  5. AzureKite

AzureKite Well-Known Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    tumblr_ntbxtdpfQJ1s95euao1_400.gif
    archaicINF likes this.
  6. naysin9

naysin9 Member

Local Time:
    9:36 AM
  7. Mattimao1239

Mattimao1239 Chicken Chaser Senior Member

Local Time:
    It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.
    -Gandhi

All major religious traditions carry basically the same message, that is love, compassion and forgiveness the important thing is they should be part of our daily lives.
    -H.H the 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet

Anyone can like their job... To love your job is not enough, you must give your passion to your job.
    -Dr. Zahi Hawass

“There is no conflict between the ideal of religion and the ideal of science, but science is opposed to theological dogmas because science is founded on fact. To me, the universe is simply a great machine which never came into being and never will end. The human being is no exception to the natural order. Man, like the universe, is a machine. Nothing enters our minds or determines our actions which is not directly or indirectly a response to stimuli beating upon our sense organs from without.”
    - Nikola Tesla

"No man can surpass his own time, for the spirit of his time is also his own spirit"
    - George Hegel
    archaicINF and calmchaos like this.
  8. archaicINF

Local Time:
    "Microsoft didn’t sandbox Windows Defender, so I did"
    calmchaos likes this.
  9. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
  10. archaicINF

Local Time:
    "I busted my a%$ to build the life she always dreamed of only for her to think she could kick me out of it" -
  11. calmchaos

Local Time:
    "We who were but youths at some point start to change into young adults.
    Growing old, one day we rot away like fallen leaves with not a soul in the world knowing of our existence..."
    - Kanzaki Iori (Hated by Life Itself)
  12. calmchaos

Local Time:
  13. calmchaos

Local Time:
  14. calmchaos

Local Time:
  15. archaicINF

Local Time:
    Affinity for false hope's addictive like crack smoke
  16. archaicINF

Local Time:
    "I like people disintegrating into a prism of colors!" - Random Pro-Nintendo Dude
  17. archaicINF

Local Time:
  18. calmchaos

Local Time:
    - Zange Mairi (English translation by Juby Phonic)

I did a simple search about the Jizo, and it looks like the Jizo is a Bodhisattva, someone that has reached Enlightenment but postpones their transition into Buddhahood until everyone that can be saved has been saved.

The duty of a Jizo is to watch over the living and the dead with the intent to help ease their suffering on their path to Enlightenment.

Imagine having to watch millions of people trying to live out their lives, seeing them in their highest points... in their lowest.
    All while not being allowed to directly intervene.

In my limited knowledge of the world's mythos, the Bodhisattva sounds like one of the more hardcore jobs a deity could have: watching over people as they repeat the cycle of reincarnation nigh endlessly.
    Cerberuspaw likes this.
  19. calmchaos

Local Time:
    When the last tree has fallen
    and the rivers are poisoned,
    you cannot eat money, oh no.

- AURORA (The Seed)
  20. calmchaos

Local Time: