PvP Warfleet

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by MoogleMorphosis, Jun 16, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. MoogleMorphosis

MoogleMorphosis Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    12:03 AM
    I haven`t been here in a while to post anything, but I was playing a bit of Journey, then with all that floating about, I realized I hadn`t heard so much a wink of what is gotten so far, with the whole gondola thing with Mac Anu, and the flight machines that (may) have been promised. I feel much more like a dog fight kind of guy, and though its mostly space, it seems like that is the only feature I really like in games such as Star Wars: The Old Republic.

{BTW what happened to pazaak and swoopbikes?}

Also, part of what I was wondering along with that, how many mountain/canyon/mesa structures are there for climbing, scenery, and for addition to the dog fighting, that I so imagined? I could figure the bike-type things I`d seen in the .hack// movie being quick and maneuverable, but in the space dogfight games, I realized that I actually use alot of the structures for cover, and such may be helpful. Heh, I could imagine some crazy physics later, where a blast to a "natural" structure could be charged and blown to bits, but because of the charge, depending on the charge, the rocks float beside where they are shot. Sounds spacy, but if the higher earth structures are to tell something of the lack of gravity, I wouldn`t know. Also chasms. Crazy to imagine a forest place, then all the sudden, out from under the trees, under the earth, in one, a small group of bandits stalk for good trade, and good chase. I don`t know, it sounds like rambling, but if there could be some insight on this, I`d be grateful.
  2. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    What purpose, what skills are every character suited to have, in a fleet in the sky, for either the vessel's benefit, or the fleet's. Anyone recall in KOTOR, whereas Bastilla had a skill, called Battle Meditation? It went sort of along the lines, where the allies are courageous, but the enemies are given less will to fight. Ha, wow, that sounds very much like a mistmaster move, but that sounds like straight up copying. Given, alot will be thought up, and thoughts fuel the ideas of other things, the skill isn`t seen much past the 2nd game, whereas the Old Republic MMORPG is more void of it entirely, even with the fact that now you can have spacecraft fights. (just realized that I brought star wars up again; copy and paste)

If it reaches war-scale, in The World, or at least, if there are flight/sail vessels, then it could be well and all to prepare for some things. I had seen some bit of alpha through the videos brought about, but it doesn`t look too complete as to go ahead with this soon, but I would ask about the schedule, the format of which the game's creation takes place, "at a time".
  3. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    11:03 PM
    Im not sure if a War PvP really fits with the setting of this game. But at this point, all suggestions are considered and if it fits the image they are going for, they will add it and likely ask for feedback.

But if you want to discuss KOTOR or other games, please make a post in the Multimedia section of the forum. Thank you.
  4. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    Alright. =u=` Thank you for the suggestion, and I`ll try to look out for that.

-BTW small thing before this topic becomes more or less dead for a time, not all so completely related. But for those that have played a tad bit of the .hack//infection rom, What is that floating, rotating mummy thing in the skies of various fields, surrounded by smaller lil ship-like things(may be carriers) that appear and disappear with a seal?
  5. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    Ahem, though it appears, that war is an entirely long-scaled measure of pvp that, in reality takes more than a single day. So, if it were battles about as long as battlefield sessions (20-40 minutes), it could still include vessels of sorts to either CARRY, DISTRIBUTE, and/or DESTROY, I figure. I guess, with ships, we must consider the magnitude of alliances, to unite resources for these toys, and guild/members. So I may ask of the community, how large do such things intend to be, by the minimal to the maximum?

Also, more importantly, how are they to be constructed? Sure, there can be left with minimal ideas to stake on the basic format as to how these things work, but what ARE the minimal ideals of such? Now lets take it into the equation, that these three things, may be of the three forms of travel(land/water/sky), but also, the chance of 'living things' as the vessels.