Pumpkin Carving Contest!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Keramory, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    2:02 PM
    Hello Everyone!

As some might have rumored already, we are setting up some stands on a new field for a very fun festival! It will have games, masks, costumes, and....a Pumpkin Carving Costume! In Game!
    I could post more about the festival but...I won't! Wait for an update on news of the Festival!

We have a lot of people making 3d models and making art throughout our website, so here's your chance for us to directly import your creations into the game!
    Create your own unique 3d pumpkin and we'll throw it in our pumpkin patch! For all those who cannot texture (which is a must), find an artist to help you out and make a joint submission!
    For those who want to add into the fun but cannot 3d model or find someone who can, we will post a small banner behind the Pumpkin Patch with everyones art. This sadly however will not count as a Submission.

Winner will get a special title and bragging rights over other so called carvers as well as a large collection of tokens for Mask Exchange!!!

Please PM me your submissions! Submissions will be due 10/16/14. Players will vote during the festival.
    -All 3d models must be low poly. I don't need to set an amount...just don't go overboard.
    -All 3d models must be textured.
    -All 3d models must come in .3ds or FBX format.
    - 3d pumpkins carving can be textured or mesh carved, it's okay either way.
    -All 2d artworks must be a fair size, I have a very large screen...and if it goes past my screen...I'll hate you personally. Which you don't want, because I can light people on fire in game. Post the screenshot of the artwork in my PM box and I can take it from there.
    calmchaos likes this.
  2. flamedog

flamedog Draeanale Senior Member Indiegogo Backer Parkour Master

Local Time:
    5:02 PM
    This is when I wish I was on more the creative side of things... instead of being a coder X3

Oh joy a chance to live up to my name.. luckily it will have to wait as I don't plan to get on your bad side ~
    Jabn and calmchaos like this.
  3. Elk

Elk Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    11:02 PM
    I'm already on it ^^

[​IMG]
    flamedog likes this.
  4. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    Looking good so far! I will say though that stalk is a bit too detailed from what it needs to be :p if you could just wield some of the close verts together @.@
  5. Elk

Local Time:
    Trying to figure out how it works xD

Right now I have a problem with texture painting withing blender ^^

anyways, this is my concept... its nothing fancy since im new to modeling xD

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  6. flamedog

flamedog Draeanale Senior Member Indiegogo Backer Parkour Master

Local Time:
    can't you export a texturemap that you can texture and then apply ? (no clue if you can though >W<)
  7. Elk

Local Time:
    I can, but the unwrap looks so incredibly complicated XD hahaha

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  8. Elk

Local Time:
  9. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    ...Ha....Ovan looks like theres nothing he wont rage on. Love it
    Ovan and Elk like this.
  10. Elk

Local Time:
    I would have made things differently, or modified it but I'm not that well-versed with Blender and its functions yet XD...

Still need to open the top

Would have loved to empty the pumpkin and put a real lightsource/candle inside
  11. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    It ended up better then what I can do. I think it's awesome the way it is.
    Elk likes this.
  12. Aryth

Aryth Developer Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    4:02 PM
    Exactly these words.

Well done, man.
    flamedog and Ovan like this.
  13. Flying Panda

Flying Panda Dev Team

Local Time:
    Those are some sweet pumpkins. It's gonna be the best Masque of the Harvest EVER !!!
  14. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    Just letting you know I didn't forget about this! I'm fixing up a late submission so someone can compete with Elk, I'll try and have it up by tomorrow!