project glass

Discussion in 'Aqua Polis Square' started by Nekocatt, Aug 5, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Nekocatt

Nekocatt Active Member

Local Time:
    4:53 AM
    so i was wondering what everyone thinks about these google glasses and if you think they would be cool to have or practical....or just plain stupid so yea what do you people think
  2. Azrial

Azrial Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    5:53 AM
    inform me of what this glass is
  3. Thespian

Thespian Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:53 AM
    Its glasses that basically take in images from what you are looking at and uses augmented reality to give you info on it. Its a swell idea, but sorta silly considering that they are pretty much just a way for you to use your smart phone without having to whip it out (HA!).
    sergey-brin-google-glases.jpeg
  4. Azrial

Local Time:
    Id love to try them out.
  5. ragexbeat

ragexbeat Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I think that it could be the beginning of something that I might care about later. I'll be watching this.
  6. Subaru

Subaru Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Will it tell me peoples' power level?
    Azrial likes this.
  7. Thespian

Local Time:
    No, but stalking and violating restraining orders has never been easier
    944810-google-glasses-gps.jpeg
  8. Gallatin

Gallatin Active Member

Local Time:
    Only up to 8999.

I'll only even consider buying it because all hail our Google overlords. Depends on the price tag. It's an interesting concept, though.
  9. Nekocatt

Nekocatt Active Member

Local Time:
    I would love to get it so i can run around town with a HUD :D!!!!
    and of course there are so many practical use for them like it can use google maps if i look at a building its suppose to display the information and location
  10. axlsjolund

axlsjolund Creative Director Senior Member

Local Time:
    I think concept is a great idea, and something that will eventually be mainstream. However I don't believe Google will be the ones delivering this wonderful experience they show in their video concepts. Their products are never very polished or smooth. At least not until almost a decade after it's "release", and even then it's pretty eh.
  11. Thespian

Local Time:
    Agreed, there is amazing potential for new human interaction with this. But google making the hardware is dubious, and the video is way too good to be true. I can see this being much more possible in about 8 years.
  12. axlsjolund

Local Time:
    I see it being possible in 2 years if Apple takes the reins on their own version. And I say 2 years for R&D and testing over a dozen different designs.
  13. Nekocatt

Nekocatt Active Member

Local Time:
    dear god if apple gets it the price will be even more insane but it will be a sleek looking hardware and the UI should be really nice
  14. Thespian

Local Time:
    The only problems I would have with it being owned by apple is the elitism that would come with owning one, the possibly crippling user agreements licensing problems.
  15. axlsjolund

Local Time:
    Elitism is only in the eye of the beholder. And the price would be cost of materials, plus price of software. Probably not much more than an iPad.

No matter what anyone thinks of Apple, good or bad, they put out some of the best products on the planet. They know how to master the unity of hardware and software. They know how to design a sexy piece of hardware that everyone loves, and all their competitors try to copyit. And they make the absolute best operating systems you can get. Windows has it's advantages sure, but as an overall package, Mac OS has it beat.

Every company has something they do really well, but Apple does everything they do fantastic. If they made a wearable computer. it would be sleek, stylish, and much more functional and easy than anything google or any other pc company could put out. And then all the other companies would spend the next 10 years trying to copy every aspect of it, just like they do with the iPhone.
  16. Nekocatt

Nekocatt Active Member

Local Time:
    see this I wish more people where like this about apple they really are great perhaps not for gamers or hackers...but they make some of the most top of the line hardware and software its also a simple straight forward makes there stuff simple for those people who are not tech savvy and i really do hope they take over the project glass they can prefect it with top of the line sexy hardware and software not to mention the whole thing will probably be simple compared to if a Linux team got it or Google
  17. axlsjolund

Local Time:
    Macs are just fine for hackers/coders. As a friend once put it:

"Why the hell would you use linux if you have a Mac?"

I must say I laughed. He was a die hard windows/bsd guy, then I turned him over to Apple gear. He's never gone back. But yes an Apple glass product would while not being completely feature rich, would definitely have every essential for day to day, and have them perfected as much as humanely possible. I would be most interested in seeing how they would design such a product. Google glass is neat, but impractical.
    Azrial likes this.
  18. Aryth

Aryth Developer Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Google is great at invention, but they are not particularly talented when it comes to innovation. Like Academics, they create the baseline for products using the newest ideas or newest technology, but these things will hardly ever see the light of day.

Except for Google Fiber... That stuff is genius. (At least, for me).
  19. Nekocatt

Nekocatt Active Member

Local Time:
    i don't like using a mac for hacking D: programing its ok i guess....i just think its better to have 3 sytems set up :D a mac for my art and music a PC running windows for my games and stuff then a different pc running backtrack 5 for my umm hacking stuff and server test :D oh and the back track 5
  20. Azrial

Local Time:
    Im jealous you can get fiber :p