Playing dot hack fragment

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by SageKri, Apr 21, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. SageKri

SageKri Active Member

Local Time:
    3:35 AM
    :3 anyone want some screenies?

I got bored <_< nuff said. Also, I think im going to suck playing it without a controller..... that and everything is in Katakana...
  2. snakebyte12

snakebyte12 Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    6:35 AM
    i would like to see, and btw, i think i saw it once but i can't find it anymore, what's the oppening? i got the game myself, but i still need a swapmagic... :/
  3. Mattimao1239

Mattimao1239 Chicken Chaser Senior Member

Local Time:
    Yeah screenshots would be cool. Are you playing a private server or something?
  4. SageKri

SageKri Active Member

Local Time:
    its a ps2 game, Im using an emulator to play it on my computer. My friend izzy bought a copy of the game from a thrift shop for like $5 lol.

I am just going to play offline mode though.
    20 dmg.png BT.png grasslands.png lol1.png Orca.png party invite.png Repth.png tutorial.png tutorial2.png Untitled.png
    Mattimao1239 likes this.
  5. Mattimao1239

Local Time:
    Do you play the emulator with a remote controller connected to your laptop or what?
  6. SageKri

SageKri Active Member

Local Time:
    No, but im working on getting one xD Just need to get a job first. Then I will be xD and I'll even try recording the game as I play it :)...

Its funny, how much dot hack I played on the PS2 version. I know the menu without knowing what it says and know the items are auto-arranged and know what goes where lol.....
    Mattimao1239 likes this.
  7. 1UP

1UP Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Sadly that's all it will ever become. They dropped the master server not too long after the game came out and the only person that seemed to be working on it either fell of the face of the world or stopped.
  8. Max Yidown

Max Yidown Active Member

Local Time:
    7:35 AM
    When you play it, can you get on fields with other NPCS? or is it like in IMOQ where the NPCS you can play with are story only?
  9. Mattimao1239

Local Time:
    I would assume it would be like IMOQ O.O but that's a good question
  10. snakebyte12

Local Time:
    Mainly from what i know it is like IMOQ but it wasn't like that in the multiplayer online part of the game. other than that, it was, but with more chaacters you could invite into your party.
  11. Max Yidown

Max Yidown Active Member

Local Time:
    so, what you´r saying is that, you can invite those random npcs that are always runing on the root towns? still talking about offline mode...
  12. Joseph Stacko

Joseph Stacko Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    5:35 AM
    Coldbird was never close to getting the Online server going, from what I can tell... anyway, here are some of the differences between IMOQ and Fragment:

-Custom character (you made your own). Choose your class, gender, color-template, height, and width. Set your stats. Very basic customization.
    -You can post to the BBS, and e-mail
    -Guilds (this never really went anywhere, due to the game not lasting that long)
    -Events (same as with the guilds)
    -Main server/Area server (CC2 hosted a lobby server, and you joined a player-hosted instance of the game, with up to 2 other people)
    -No pause
    -Hot Keys for skills
    -Trimmed down IMOQ story, for the Offline mode

That was about it
  13. Max Yidown

Max Yidown Active Member

Local Time:
    So, in the offline game, you CAN´T invite to your party other PC´s that weren´t from the story?
    That sucks!
  14. snakebyte12

Local Time:
    not unless they were other players but since the server's gone, you can't.
  15. azuretre

azuretre Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    man, looking at this i think the alpha may have already surpassed fragment!
    Max Yidown likes this.
  16. Joseph Stacko

Local Time:
    I wouldn't say it has yet... a few things it needs, to at least be 'on par' with FRAGMENT, would be...

1) Character Models - This is probably my biggest erk with the game so far. The fact there is only a single playable model, virtually no customization, is probably the biggest problem of the alpha being 'fun'.

2) Combat having any amount of fun to it - Don't get me wrong, FRAGMENT wasn't really fun. Maybe for like, 15 minutes, if you weren't a casting class. But the alpha is garbage when it comes down to combat, at the moment.

3) Cleaned up game play - lets face it, the alpha is buggy, choppy at parts, and needs to be cleaned up a lot.
    Iasagi and Aryth like this.
  17. Max Yidown

Max Yidown Active Member

Local Time:
    Sorry if im necroposting, but i was finally able to play .hack//fragment on my pc, but couldn´t understand what to do on the character edit screen when you add the points on your character. Someone who is maybe able to translate it? Please?
    [​IMG]
  18. Joseph Stacko

Local Time:
    You have 99 points to place in your 8 stats. You place points in them using the arrow keys. Stats are:

Physical Str
    Physical Def
    Physical Acc
    Physical Evade

Magical Str
    Magical Def
    Magical Acc
    Magical Evade

So as a Heavy Blade, you want to up that DPS (high PSTR) and have decent defense (PDEF and MDEF), don't worry so much about your MSTR, MACC (these should be 0), and put leftovers in PEVADE and MEVADE
    Max Yidown likes this.
  19. NCDyson

NCDyson Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    actually, I believe that coldbird is part of the PSVita hacking scene now. I honestly don't blame the guy for abandoning the project, what little I've played of the game,(before all my games got stolen) it wasn't that great. Add to that the fact that trudging through compiler generated assembly is bad enough even when you have the debug symbols intact, doing it without them, or a decent(read: functional and doesn't take forever for the game to load) debugger for that matter, and it was pretty much destined to fail.

My god the face shots for the PCs at the bottom of the screen are hideous.
  20. Iasagi

Iasagi Active Member

Local Time:
    Buuuuuuuttttttttt The World ( alpha ) will surpass fragment in every-way, their progress is more than that of most big time companies, but i agree, i mean the combat seeing i only died 2 times since i started, ( yesterday) i adjusted to the combat pretty quickly, but more character models would be nice, maybe we will see something more player customized in the beta, or the launch, and i believe with the updates the gameplay will be cleaned up quite nicely.