Player's Choice Poll

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by calmchaos, Feb 3, 2016.

?

Which event are you personally rooting for?

Poll closed Feb 5, 2016.
  1. "Find the right tree" quest in a field full of nearly identical objects

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Red light, Green light

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. A race/obstacle course with monsters

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. A puzzle including parkour that cannot be completed in an afternoon

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. A simplified version of the "grab bag tag" game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Labyrinth/pyramid crowned survival

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    4:02 PM
    [​IMG]

To bring the event in line with other dates of importance, this poll will end on Friday, Feb 5th at noon, EST.

I know I said that I'd pick two or three for the poll, but there weren't so many ideas that I'd run out of response boxes when making the poll. So, I just decided to include all of the ideas to not only fuel your indecision, but to also create an easily accessible list for future reference.

In case you wanted one last look at all the ideas before finally making up your mind, I've compiled them all below for your viewing pleasure.

You only get one vote, so choose wisely. The idea with the most votes will be declared the Player's Choice event.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  2. flamedog

flamedog Draeanale Senior Member Indiegogo Backer Parkour Master

Local Time:
    5:02 PM
    Haven't read the whole thread yet.. but damn I can't muti things ? :p and.. two "this poll will end on Friday, Feb 3rd at noon, EST." Feb 3rd is today and it's a Wednesday :3.. do you mean the 5th ?
  3. Lunex

Lunex Bloody Lunatic... Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Chromechaos is obviously saying that this poll will run until next year.
  4. flamedog

Local Time:
    I could totally see em doing that.. point taken X3
  5. MV1

MV1 Member

Local Time:
    3:02 PM
    Just a question, not sure if it was answered yet, would the event take place on friday/saturday?

Also a correction on your post it says the poll will end Friday Feb 3rd, however Feb 3rd is Wednesday. Is it supposed to say Friday Feb. 5th?
  6. flamedog

Local Time:
    Normally(Well this is how the harvest festival was done) during an event the game is open to everyone(depending how long it lasts).
  7. calmchaos

Local Time:
    Thanks for pointing out the typo. Fixed.

The event will last at least a week, if not more. We generally leave stuff like that going between builds, so the event will likely stay open for a week plus each day it takes to get the next version of the game running. Also as Flame said, the game will probably be open to everyone for the duration of the event.
    Oberon likes this.
  8. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    2:02 PM
    We will do more as staff to be more active in whatever event you choose as well. Although the last one was fairly fun most often staff left it alone. Granted due to everyone's schedules there will be a set time for these events but depending on what's chosen we can leave it open for a while.
    Oberon likes this.
  9. MV1

MV1 Member

Local Time:
    3:02 PM
    Ah, alright got it thanks.
  10. TokioKuryuu

TokioKuryuu Allgegenwärtige Katze Senior Member

Local Time:
    I see that labyrinth got more votes. :p
  11. Lunex

Local Time:
    Winner has been decided I see. Not sure how we're the staff is gonna pull this off but I'll look forward to it.
    calmchaos likes this.
  12. flamedog

Local Time:
    I could see this done a few ways. If it's a certain zone like maze capture the hill then you could just read who was in a speical zone. If it's more like capture the flag you could store who picks up an object or runs through a zone and then who ever kills them it's transferred to them. Will the maze always be the same because if so I may just spend time mapping it out X3
  13. Lunex

Local Time:
    I was talking more about how to get it to work in the game. I'm foreseeing crashes, lag, and things simply not working.
  14. flamedog

Local Time:
    Of course. With the current player lag plus sync lag for who is IT alongside any crashes / things not working.. which is why I opted to just map out the maze :p
  15. calmchaos

Local Time:
    There are myriad network fixes in the works. Sieg just hasn't been able to implement them yet.

Don't worry. They'll probably get here before the event does. I expect one or two updates minimum before the PCE just because of how it's supposed to work. Sieg and especially our modeler(s) are going to have to lay the foundation for this thing before adding it in.

I mean, unless everyone is fine with the maze being pitch black with solid white, possibly glowing floors, where only the top of the pyramid/maze would have any real textures. To be honest, I think that'd be a real cool and time efficient way to make the maze part.

Be sure to throw in your ideas as to how this thing might work. The team is heavily monitoring this thread, so you never know when one of your ideas could end up being used. Of course, it has to stay within the boundaries of what the event entails, but modifications would certainly be accepted if they make sense and don't add development time to the base we're already going to need.
  16. Lunex

Local Time:
    Then I suggest moving walls on a timer, to add unpredictability.
    calmchaos likes this.
  17. flamedog

Local Time:
    Id' literally be fine with textures everywhere :p
    EDIT: Oh Lunex :p They were going to add in randomized dungeons at some point X3.. if they maze was random there goes my maps.. or I just make more and branch path all the things :p

ep2_mapbuild2_320004.jpg
    Odd-z and calmchaos like this.
  18. calmchaos

Local Time:
    If we have random dungeon generation in working order by then, that's certainly a possibility. There's no ETA on that at all, however, so none of you get your hopes up just yet.

Pick a color Flame, any color.
  19. flamedog

Local Time:
    [​IMG]
    Cerberuspaw likes this.
  20. calmchaos

Local Time:
    That's not a color.