Player's Choice Event

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by calmchaos, Jan 27, 2016.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    5:24 AM
    Player's Choice.png

As a thank you for being so patient these past couple months, the team has decided to host an in-game event for you guys. We know this event is not going to make up for our lack of communication, but this is our best attempt at doing so.

This event will be chosen by none other than you, the players! Think carefully, and then post what kind of welcome back event you, personally, would like to experience. Since we do have to keep development up while preparing the event you guys decide on, keep in mind the following restrictions that are for all of our benefit.

Restrictions:
    • There is a one map limit. Whatever event you come up with has to stay within the confines of that single map, preferably one of the fields or towns already in the game.
    • There is a single quest limit. Quests take a good amount of time to prepare, getting everything the way it needs to be for the quest to work properly. We may be willing to bump it up to two if your event absolutely requires it, but let's try to keep it to a single quest please.
    • Custom scripting needs to be minimal. It's fine if you want to add some kind of story to the event, but we can't have all kinds of NPCs and mobs doing or saying a bunch of things. Try to keep all actions, player and non-player, to what the game already allows.
    • All new models must be small. We only have one modeler right now, so keep that in mind. However, we are perfectly fine with recoloring or slightly altering any of the models already in the game for the event.
    So long as you create your event while adhering to the above restrictions, things should progress smoothly. Post your ideas below as in-depth as you possibly can so we'll understand what you are trying to achieve.

We'll be taking ideas until Feb. 2nd at 11:59PM, EST. On Feb. 3rd, I will take two or three of the ideas most liked by all of you and put them in a poll. That poll will be open for voting until Feb. 5th, after which the idea with the most votes will be declared the Player's Choice Event.

EDIT: Changed restriction four to allow for small models.
    EDIT2: The poll's end date was changed from Feb 6th to Feb 5th.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    Keramory likes this.
  2. Lunex

Lunex Bloody Lunatic... Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    6:24 AM
    I was thinking about our old "find the right tree" quest and thinking maybe something simple like that for a quest field. Have a bunch of nearly identical objects on the map and you have to use clues to find the right one. I'm can think of a backstory if an object is decided.
    TokioKuryuu likes this.
  3. flamedog

flamedog Draeanale Senior Member Indiegogo Backer Parkour Master

Local Time:
    Can we bring back the find the right tree quest ? :p But still keep the tree on the old spawn town ? :p
  4. TokioKuryuu

TokioKuryuu Allgegenwärtige Katze Senior Member

Local Time:
    I agree with this. We should go with it.

EDIT: Ninja'd, @flamedog ! I don't think it's a good idea to have it in the spawn area.
  5. flamedog

Local Time:
    Only if it's hidden on Rejecting Forbidden Messenger :3
    TokioKuryuu likes this.
  6. Lunex

Local Time:
    I was thinking of a new event map. Like Paradise.
  7. TokioKuryuu

Local Time:
    I'm thinking of the Outer Space. Like these in GU series.
  8. flamedog

Local Time:
    I want it to be just a Parkour map....
  9. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    3:24 AM
    Just to clarify one of those rules. Small models (like say for a beach event) such as umbrellas and what not are fine, just don't make us build an entire temple labyrinth for it :p
    calmchaos likes this.
  10. flamedog

Local Time:
    But it would be mostly walls :p you just need a good map layout X3 ... well I guess you need props.. meh :p parkour labyrinth in dev textures :p
  11. Lunex

Local Time:
    I think my idea works for that principle.
  12. calmchaos

Local Time:
    Edited restriction four to account for Kera's clarification.
  13. TokioKuryuu

Local Time:
    Then why don't use that beach map from the last event and place the "right" tree there? :p
  14. flamedog

Local Time:
    With or with out all the dragons and floor boss ? :p
  15. ZeroEnd

ZeroEnd Member

Local Time:
    Id contribute but i havent played the gam yet and dont know what is and isnt plausible in the game currently
  16. flamedog

Local Time:
    Well go ahead and give ideas.. if they're already in the game the worst that will happen is you get banned they won't be used :p
  17. calmchaos

Local Time:
    The game will be open for everyone tomorrow and Saturday. Feel free to check things out and get an idea from what you see then.
  18. Jakster

Jakster Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I say we make an event where Keramory hides and we all try to find where he is :l (aaaand shots fired) Jk but seriously i'm all for a parkour event. (now to wait for everyone to call me tasteless huehuehue...)
  19. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Red light green light. If possible, have a crazy powerful mob one shots you if it opens it eyes or changes color and you're moving. Maybe a loot chest if you survive x amount of waves or time
  20. SaguraKirux

SaguraKirux Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    4:24 AM
    How about a race/obstacle course of some sort? Incorporating monsters/obstacles could help make it more of a race than just everyone moving at the same speed in the same direction.