Notice of Absence

Discussion in 'Aqua Polis Square' started by Lunex, May 6, 2018.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Lunex

Lunex Bloody Lunatic... Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    3:08 AM
    So it's a little last minute, but I thought I should let people know that tomorrow to the 18th I'm going to be gone from the site. This way people know I didn't die, and didn't leave without saying a word.

As for why I'll be gone, ask me when I've returned. It'll be better like that.

In my absence, I hope someone will take time to make sure that the cyber roaches don't take over the site while I'm gone.
  2. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    2:08 AM
    Will wait for your return
  3. flamedog

flamedog Draeanale Senior Member Indiegogo Backer Parkour Master

Local Time:
    Marking Calendar for your return, will try to come up with topics to talk about.
  4. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I'ma hold you to that promise, but I'm sad that it'll be a while before I get see your and Flame's discussions again.
  5. Lunex

Local Time:
    * crawling with hands along the floor*
    I'm...back.

But...was wrong. Died... several times...while gone.

And now...and now
    *head drops to ground*
  6. flamedog

Local Time:
    Welcome back (and back from the dead)! I know at least I and some others missed you qwq
  7. Lunex

Local Time:
    Okay, after a short coma I know feel able too properly give details. Sadly, the picture thing is still broken so I will have to use attachments. I'd appreciate though if everyone were to read the following lines and then viewing the corresponding picture.

Any guesses to where I was?

How about this?

Does this picture help? I actually took this from the top (of one path) of a mountain. Several of my deaths.

Okay, enough trolling. Here's some real pictures of my trip.

From Fushimi Iinari:

2 From Ginkakuji:

From Kinkauji:

From Nijo Castle:

And some good ol' Akiba (2):

(Apologies to flame for not taking a picture of either of the two maids with cat ears handing out flyers, but I felt uncomfortable taking pictures of people themselves.)

Yes, as you have probably figured out, I was in Brazil!

No. I was in Japan. Specifically in Kyoto and Tokyo.

Being a person interested in stories and sightseeing. Kyoto was a blast. All the temples and shrines was a nice experience and seeing the imperial palace and castle were good learning experiences. Was also surprised that there was an international manga museum in Kyoto(no pics because of policy). Although another day or two would've been good to get to some places I couldn't quite reach in my time. I did also visit some smaller places out of the way to feel less touristy. Side note: I don't understand why, but there were middle and high school students at all hours despite there was no holiday that week.

Tokyo on the other hand was good in the sense that I was seeing the current capital and immersing in culture. However, in retrospect, it probably wasn't for me. I saw the imperial gardens and a few shrines, but seeing as how the city seemed to be more for shoppers and clubbers, it was less for me. Akihabara was a nice change of pace but even it seemed more for the collector type of geek than the story type of geek which I was. That being said, I spent the most time there, looking through game shops and bookstores. And once I've gone through internet archive, I'll know where to shop to get the endings of some lns that had to be dropped because of copyright claims.

But now I have returned, spent some time with my cats, and have become able to resume cyber roach exterminating and chat revitalizing.

Attached Files:

Cerberuspaw and calmchaos like this.
  8. flamedog

Local Time:
    Are pictures broken...? EDIT: Doesn't seem to be... Anyway, glad you had tons of fun!! I was worried it might of been something bad.
    upload_2018-5-19_19-40-26.png
  9. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I really like that picture of the pond. It's surreal how... green it is? Probably a better way to describe it, but considering you actually visited the place I assume you get what I mean.

The view from the mountain is also pretty interesting. Even though it's seen from afar, the city itself looks very different compared to seeing a city from afar in America. It's surprising how a simple change in architecture can do that.
  10. flamedog

Local Time:
    A kind of sad fact about me is when I make omelette or get omelettes... I always draw hearts or (try) to draw a cat face. I of course have to then do a "moe moe kyun"... how else will I make it tasty?
  11. flamedog

Local Time:
    I'll keep it to the thread, to not spoil in shoutbox Lunex... This reminded me of your recent trip... I'm now also hungry and want to go there :p

facebook com redduckpost/videos/825982674262461/
  12. Quine

Quine Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    5:08 AM
    If you were in Brazil you wouldn't have returned lol. (There are good reasons and bad reasons for this.)
  13. Lunex

Local Time:
    Yeah, I get what you mean. It was also filled with a strong sense of nature considering how much of the town seemed urban rather than...(does rural apply to forest and grassland as well as farmland?)

And just imagine if I found the right path and killed myself a few more times to take a picture from the top of the mountain.

I must sadly admit that I didn't actually go into the café. I was just abducted by art dealers and convinced into buying art for my remaining small money so going in seemed a bit difficult.

I'll take your word for it. But, perhaps due to living in U.S., sadly that seems to be consensus of a lot of South American countries.

Although honestly, only place in South America I really want to go is the Tierra del Fuego area. Hopefully down there, not a concern.
  14. flamedog

Local Time:
    For the best, it's a complete waste of money for something that is super awkward and cringey.
    calmchaos likes this.