My Cheap Budget Build

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by AzureKite, Mar 2, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. AzureKite

AzureKite Well-Known Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    3:33 PM
    Hey everyone! I'm here to share my new computer build that I will be completing soon as the parts get here. Anyway check it out and remember this is just a cheap budget build ($220) I will upgrading next year when taxes come again!

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-F2A55M-DS2 FM2 AMD A55 (Hudson D2) Micro ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

Graphics Card: XFX One ON-XFX1-DLX2 Radeon HD 5450 2GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI-Express Low Profile Ready Video Card

Ram: CORSAIR XMS 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory Model CMX4GX3M1A1333C9
    UPDATE: Thanks to $30 back in rebates and THIS being free shipping I am now at 8GB!

Processor: AMD A4-4000 Richland 3.2GHz Socket FM2 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor AD4000OKHLBOX

Case: LOGISYS Computer CS305BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Enhanced SOHO Computer Case 480W Power Supply

HHD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST3000DM001 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive

Things I plan on upgrading next year is the Processor, Graphics Card and if it fits my budget 8 more GBs of ram. If you have any suggestions for a processor that'll work with my motherboard and a good graphics card, let me know!
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  2. AzureKite

Local Time:
    Man this build must suck >.> haha
  3. Aryth

Aryth Developer Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    2:33 PM
    There's a quad core trinity processor that works with your motherboard. I'm pretty sure it's the 750k model. That's probably an upgrade you can make. I think it's $70-$90.

For graphics, I'd suggest getting anything with at least 1 GB of GDDR5. I have no idea what would be compatible with that motherboard though (it's worth a search, I suppose).

You need to have the 64-bit version of your operating system to make use of these upgrades though.
  4. AzureKite

Local Time:
    I only believe in 64 bit haha. Thanks I will check out the processor and I was thinking of GDDR5 but if its not compatible, then I will go with at least 4GB DDR3 graphics card. The most I will be playing is Fallout New Vegas, Left 4 Dead 2 (Thanks steam), minecraft, and this. I can run this game lag free on my laptop.
    UPDATE: Checked out the specs of the processor and found THIS which is $80! That's not bad for a quad core!
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  5. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    12:33 PM
    I don't know where u are checking prices. But I always share microcenter.com. they have the best cpu prices and everything else is comparable to newegg pricing. They also have stores all over, so if u can find one close to you then u can avoid shipping and qualify for bundle pricing. I'm not sure if bundle pricing is available online or not. But buying the cpu and motherboard from them saved me $40 on top of their low prices. I know they have bundle savings on ram sometimes too.
    Brijesha likes this.
  6. AzureKite

Local Time:
    I do Newegg for everything because once you know you newegg haha I haven't had a problem with them yet and I don't have a microcenter anywhere near me.
  7. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    It's always smart to shop around. The only issue I've had with newegg is their lies they print in their return policy and their faulty automated RMA system. But their good customer service resolved the issue by crediting me without me even needing to return the items. Also a delivery from them was in a 3 train accident which delayed my product for a weekend. But I guess I can't blame them for that :p.

But Ya, check out microcenter. If u can save money, go with them, otherwise stick with what u know. But the whole point of this thread was to get the most of your money, so I thought I'd refer u to where the lowest cpu prices are. (That may have changed since I built my machine).
  8. AzureKite

Local Time:
    Thanks I'll check it out. I have to work with a small budget since I have two kids haha
  9. AzureKite

Local Time:
  10. AzureKite

Local Time:
    Thank you mr ups man for dropping my computer case and breaking my power supply. Good thing newegg is sending me a replacement free of charge. If he does it again next time, its this.
  11. AzureKite

Local Time:
    Hmm. I got my replace case and PSU and I got everything hooked up and installed but when I go to boot, its like I get no power! WTF this is pissing me off. Could the PSU be bad in this unit as well?
  12. Azure

Azure Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    This may sound obvious, but did you turn the power supply on? I know I accidentally forgot to do that once and felt uper stupid haha :)
  13. AzureKite

Local Time:
    yes I have been messing with the back switch for a half hour now and nothing I am sure everything is plugged in corrently
  14. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    I know best buy (and most computer repair places) have a power supply tester. It's just something they plug into the plug that goes to the motherboard.

But other then a bad power supply I would have to question if everything is plugged in correctly. There is usually 2 plugs that go to your mother board. One for cpu one for just the board.

I can't verify all your plugs since I'm not there. But let us know if the led lights up on anything (usually power supplies have a power led).

If u have nothing, no fans, no led, nothing. Then plug something else into that outlet to make sure that isn't the issue.
  15. AzureKite

Local Time:
    1) To bad best buy is 40+ miles away D:
    2) I have the 4pin cpu power cord plugged into the 4pin spots of the 8pin cpu power spot. The big one is connected fully I have unplugged it a few times and replugged in.
    3) I don't get the led on the back lighting up at.
    4) I have tried using 20 some different outlets and still no power.
  16. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    Sounds like a failure on a component then. Likely the power supply DOA though.
  17. AzureKite

Local Time:
    Well 2 dead cases, I'm seeking a refund and getting something else. Any suggestions for a cheap case with a good power supply?
  18. Azure

Local Time:
    Did you plug in the button connector? I'm not too good at the computer technical jargon, but make sure that the power button on the case is plugged in where its supposed to be, and all your positive and negative LED and power pins are plugged correctly into the mother board Good components have a block that makes it easy to tell, but you may get the polarity reversed or plugged into the wrong pin on motherboards with less indication for this. If these aren't plugged in correctly it means that your computer isn't receiving the signal to turn on.
  19. Azure

Local Time:
    Sorry, I just want to try to help you avoid having to wait even longer to get it up and running if possible :). If you want to keep trying could you post perhaps a picture or video of your connections right now so we can get an idea of what might be wrong?

Just for giggles, the last rig I built:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131877
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236339
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233180
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151087
    The graphics card was an R9, but it was from a different website, so i don't have the link
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129100
    I think I also lost the link to the processor, and i can't for the life remember what it was
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  20. AzureKite

Local Time:
    well tried in another case with different psu and nope I think the motherboard was DOA and I didn't know because the first case was broke.