Mushishi: The Green Sea [U/C]

Discussion in 'Out-of-Character' started by Brijesha, Aug 9, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Brijesha

Brijesha Teller of Seasons Senior Member

Local Time:
    12:27 PM
    [ Introduction/Rules | Cast, Crew & Character Sheet | Places | Groups | Arcs | Quests Activity | OOC ]

[​IMG]
    Originally created by Yuki Urushibara, Roleplay by Lovebird
    ~ Here Comes The Rain, Here Comes The Rainbow ~

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    !!
    If all the roles are filled and you wanted to be a main character, I'm sorry but they're all gone. However, if you still want to be in the Roleplay, then I have good news; this Roleplay will be played in episode-like sections. So for every episode, there will be different stars! The Mushi master and apprentices will always be there, but star characters will be leaving and entering every episode. They are characters that are part of the main conflict in every episode, and usually don't show up in the next episode— unless the conflict isn't solved.

There will be a limited amount of stars every episode, and if enough people actually want into this RP, there could eventually be a waiting list. (But I doubt it) If you do wish to play one of these characters, please PM me and we will work out details. If you just have questions, you can still PM me.

If the star roles are not filled, I and/or the main characters will take them over. In the event that there is no one, absolutely nobody interested in this roleplay, not even people who just want to be side characters, it will probably be because I'm terrible at making introductions. And I'll probably cry too. It will be a lonely 1x1 at the worst. If anyone wishes to join in after the RP has started though, please PM me.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Yeah, here comes the boring part. Here is some more music to listen to while you read.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    1. You don't have to watch the show to be in the RP! In fact, I couldn't care less if you have even heard about Mushishi or not. However, it would still be nice if you could study it a bit. But If you have ANY questions about anything, about what we'll be doing or about a type of Mushi, just private message me or go to the OOC and ask. There is also a wiki that details pretty much everything too, just google it.

2. Same rules as any other RP. No perfect characters, no taking control of other peoples characters without permission (that includes doing permanent damage), and have good grammar. It doesn't have to be perfect, I know mine isn't, but please try. The only password is the bold sentence at the top of this RP, in the quotes by Ginko. If you are planning on being in the RP, PM me that sentence or put it in the OOC with you character request.

3. If you are requesting a character, whether it be main or not, it is not 'fist come first serve'. I know that there are some people out there that like to reserve characters and never make them, so If you wish to make a character, let me know the password and your request, and start making the CS. If someone successfully took the role before you could finish your character sheet, PM me and we can figure out something else.

4. Write in the length everyone else is writing, it's only fair. However quality is better than quantity, so if you can manage an excellent post in fewer words, that works too. (IF you are NOT a main character, you do not have to follow this rule. But you still have to do some writing, no one-liners.)

5. Anime and Manga characters only. Please do not pick face claims with the biggest eyes ever and super unrealistic hair, because they will NOT be accepted. This applies to all characters. ( For bonus points, make the hair color black. )

6. Main characters must post with the speed of the RP. If it is your turn and you are gone for more than 3 days without a good explanation or warning, your character will be taken and controlled by another writer or terminated.

7. Romance is allowed, however not the main idea of this RP. If things somehow manage to get heated (which I doubt they will,) you must fade to black.

8. Swearing and gore are allowed in this RP, but must be kept to a minimum. There will be no swearing in the OOC. You have three warnings. Break the rules three times and you are kicked out.
    Oberon and Mattimao1239 like this.
  2. Brijesha

Local Time:
    [ Introduction/Rules | Cast, Crew & Character Sheet| Places | Groups | Arcs | Quests Activity | OOC ]

[​IMG]
    This roleplay is going to be a little different. To keep up with the theme of the original show, unfortunately there can't be very many 'main' characters, and there can't be very many reappearing characters. BUT, that doesn't mean we can't have more roleplayers in this!! In fact, if you're interested in a unique roleplay experience, continue along. For now though, here are the main characters.
    [Roleplayers to be listed here.]

[​IMG]

If you request assistance or information of any kind regarding this roleplay, please pm one of the users listed below, as they are the developers and administrators of this collaborative writing game, and they would be delighted to help you with your stuff. ^^

[Roleplaying Staff to be listed here.] [Game Master]
    Brijesha
    [World Designer]
    [Roleplaying Staff to be listed here.]
    [Roleplaying Staff to be listed here.]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Code:
    [url=#]Forum Profile[/url] ⋅ [url=#]Wiki Profile[/url]

[size=7]CHARACTER NAME[/size]

[b]Basics/Brief Summary[/b]:

[img]resources/images/resource-previews/placeholder.png[/img]

[b]Name Meaning[/b]:
    [b]Name Origin[/b]:
    [b]Nickname[/b]:
    [b]Birthdate[/b]:
    [b]Age[/b]:
    [b]Occupations/Affiliations[/b]:
    [b]Heritage[/b]:
    [b]Home & Rank[/b]:

[size=5]Physical Appearance[/size]

[b]Height & Weight[/b]

xxlbs, xxin tall, xft long

[b]General[/b]:
    [b]Eyes[/b]:
    [b]Coloration[/b]:
    [b]Clothing[/b]:
    [b]Accessories[/b]:
    [b]Scars[/b]:
    [b]Tattoos[/b]:
    [b]Piercings[/b]:

[size=5]Personality[/size]

[b]General[/b]:
    [b]Traits[/b]:

[size=5]Speech[/size]

[b]General Style[/b]:

[size=5]Beliefs & Ideals[/size]

[b]Sexuality[/b]:
    [b]Religion[/b]:
    [b]Prejudices[/b]:
    [b]General Beliefs[/b]:

[size=5]Lifestyle & Behavior[/size]

[b]Residence[/b]:
    [b]Favorite Haunts[/b]:
    [b]Hobbies[/b]:
    [b]Habits[/b]:
    [b]Substances[/b]:

[size=5]Abilities[/size]

[b]Skills[/b]:
    [b]Strengths[/b]:
    [b]Weaknesses[/b]:

[size=5]Family[/size]

[b]Ancestry[/b]:[i]Maternal Grandmother[/i]: —
    [i]Maternal Grandfather[/i]: —
    [i]Maternal Aunts[/i]: —
    [i]Maternal Uncles[/i]: —
    [i]Mother[/i]: —

[i]Paternal Grandmother[/i]: —
    [i]Paternal Grandfather[/i]: —
    [i]Paternal Aunts[/i]: —
    [i]Paternal Uncles[/i]: —
    [i]Father[/i]: —

[b]Same Generation[/b]:

[i]Siblings[/i]: —
    [i]Half-Siblings[/i]: —
    [i]Cousins[/i]: —

[b]Descendents[/b]:

[i]Children[/i]: —
    [i]Grandchildren[/i]: —
    [i]Nieces[/i]: —
    [i]Nephews[/i]: —

[size=5]History[/size]

[b]Past Packs & Ranks[/b]:

[u]Pack Name[/u]

⋅ [i]Rank[/i]:
    ⋅ [i]Rank[/i]:

[b]Mates[/b]:

⋅ [i]Name[/i]:
    ⋅ [i]Name[/i]:

[b]General[/b]:

Roleplay resource by [url=http://forumroleplay.com]Forum Roleplay[/url]
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    Oberon and Mattimao1239 like this.
  3. Brijesha

Local Time:
    [ Introduction | Characters | Places | Groups | Arcs | Quests Activity | OOC ]

*reserved post*
  4. Brijesha

Local Time:

*reserved post*
  5. Brijesha

Local Time:

*reserved post*
  6. Brijesha

Local Time:

*reserved post*
  7. Mattimao1239

Mattimao1239 Chicken Chaser Senior Member

Local Time:
    12:27 AM
    Once I get the story and rules down I am totally up for this.
    Brijesha likes this.
  8. Brijesha

Local Time:

I'm not sure what the first story will be, or how to set up these micro-campaigns. Any ideas?
  9. Mattimao1239

Local Time:
    It's been a while since I've read the maga/watched the anime :/ They are sort of loners and travel the world. You could do each episode (or micro-campaign) in a different country and when you want to do a finale type thing they could all be drawn to one country or one point on Earth, at that point we could all in a sense RP on that episode.

I'd love to be in it (if I can get an example char. sheet in the format you like I'd love to send a couple to you and you can pick one that I can use)
    Brijesha likes this.
  10. Brijesha

Local Time:
    By all means, send 'em my way! ^^

Also, it isn't necessary to fill out the whole character sheet, it's just a template to help potential players set themselves up right. Write what you feel is necessary, and if there's any additional information I need for your character as a GM, I'll let you folks know.
    Mattimao1239 likes this.
  11. Brijesha

Local Time:
    Mattimao, do you have an episode in mind that you would like to GM? Campaigns set in other parts of the world would be interesting, like in Europe for instance with mysterious mushi in pagan lands, or elsewhere with shaman in Africa? There's so many options to choose from! I think I might set my first episode in the Ryukyu Islands of Japan, but I need to do more research on Okinawa in the Meiji Period.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  12. Mattimao1239

Local Time:
    Meiji era hmm if we do do it where they all meet up someplace later on in a finale episode or something they'd probably have to be around the same time.

In that case I can think of Wild West Era America, or if early 1900's maybe Gangs of New York era New York. Norway, Scandinavia in general during that time, would be a great time. Railroads being built from Oslo to Trondheim, lots of fishing ships/naval fleets and polar exploration.

Maybe a few episodes in after I've seen how it's done. (Never GMed before).

If you're doing the first one in Japan then I'll make a character for that if you want.
  13. Brijesha

Local Time:
    Well, Mushishi is set in an imaginary time between the Edo and Meiji periods, featuring some 19th-century technology but with Japan still as a "closed country". Any other area of the world should be played within this time-frame, but just like the show, liberties can be taken. All those places sound great for a Mushishi tale, but yeah.. Make a few characters for Japan, I shall do the same.
    Mattimao1239 likes this.
  14. Brijesha

Local Time:
    I ought to grease the wheels on this machine and get the gears turning —so to speak.
  15. TheEnigmaticLahran

TheEnigmaticLahran Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    *Eyebrow raises* Seems interesting. If you do indeed start the wheels a-turning again, I'd be interested in joining in.