Multiweapon?

Discussion in 'Classes' started by Quine, Feb 28, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Quine

Quine Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    10:11 PM
    Well, i would love to have some Multiweapon classes... you know, i can't pick only one... i Know that the game will not have a class like this. But this is the Classes thread! Lets sing and Dream!
    Well... a Multiweapon class for me would be divided in 3.
    Gray: Good on all kinds of Damage, But low on Evasion and Magic Defense. the rest is balanced.
    Black: EXCEPTIONAL on Defense, but VERY BAD in hit-Rate and Physical damage.
    White: Very Good on Evasion and Accuracy, but not very good with HP and Physical Damage...
    The stats and the first weapon, would have a influence on your Evolution Tree... [It would be, 2,3,4. But for the stats that your weapon and your color have influence... it would be, 5, 7, 16, or something like that...]
    Weapons would be Unlocked doing quests... [Like, Healing training, Warlock research, Lancer Inquire. Or things like that...]
    Well, that's it.
    This is Just for dreaming purposes. :p [But what if it'll be in the game? :D]
  2. MoogleMorphosis

MoogleMorphosis Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    5:11 PM
    I like the idea, because of final fantasy. .3. Being an onion knight changes things... I thought that in FF Tactics Advanced was great, in alot of the job options. I loved the use of the sword and balance in magic in the Blue Mage, in that they can absorb magic attacks with their own MP, and that there were always handy abilities, though very direct in the method of obtaining them. All along the way, what you have for a weapon is a sword. If I could be a zipping fast sword mage, with minor magic abilities, then I believe that would be a good compromise. Everyone knows mages as weak in defense, physical damage, and health, but I think that maybe these types could have alot of potential. Spell time and magnitude define most of a caster's focuses, but both in certain enemies and clever means of evasion or defense, these things don`t cut it. If anything, some people could easily find themselves surrounded, and I haven`t heard of any abilities used to counteract this from happening.

This is a dream of mine also, because I`d a post to divide the mage classes. XD
  3. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    7:11 PM
    DarkKnight or bust...
  4. flamedog

flamedog Draeanale Senior Member Indiegogo Backer Parkour Master

Local Time:
    8:11 PM
    what is this ? :p leveling to unlock another character ? :p
  5. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    In Tactics everyday is leveling to unlock another character
  6. flamedog

Local Time:
    Sounds like fun...
  7. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    If you love Disgaea you'll probably enjoy FFT:WoL FFT:A FFT:A2
  8. flamedog

Local Time:
    I love disgaea ~ <3 (D5 hype)
    Cerberuspaw likes this.
  9. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    Tactics: War of The Lions is far more serious. While Tactics Advanced and A2 are a lot more light hearted and carefree.
  10. Aryth

Aryth Developer Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    You say balanced like it's an easy thing to do...

Having a multiweapon class will hurt the balance that the other classes have with each other. There's no advantage/disadvantage combination that will be able to compete with a pure weapon class. It's either they are all multiweapon (which is REALLY hard to balance) or all the classes are weapon locked.

You will probably be able to, however, change classes as often as you like and level them independently (I believe we have addressed this before somewhere...).
  11. Quine

Local Time:
    Nah, don't heat on this.
    It's just a daydream thread. :D
    [But it is related to classes, and it could have a thing or two that IB is developing but didn't said, or things like that... By the way, Night Aryth.]
  12. Aryth

Local Time:
    Psh, I do what I want.

Daydream all you like. Believe me, I like multiweapon classes too. :D

I promise that there are no immediate plans for this... But you should be able to access all of the classes on the same character to prevent having 7 characters just to play the classes through.
    Oberon and Cerberuspaw like this.
  13. Quine

Local Time:
    Like Dragon Quest? [I go to X NPC, and then he changes my class, i am then, reborn as the lvl 1 of that class... it would be crazy if the game had alternate classes like ragnarok's Ninja, that to unlock, we would need to accomplish a VERY STRANGE QUEST, like collecting 999 logs, 999 herbs and 999 waters [All this to make the tea for the Ninja Party.]
    Maybe it will happen, in a VERY distant future.]
  14. Aryth

Local Time:
    Maybe not as permanent as Dragon Quest. The server will remember what level you are in each class. You aren't reborn each time you do it. The only real problem this poses is inventory space, but I've seen several games handle that by making a wardrobe to store armor sets.
  15. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    Somewhat like monster hunter when it allows you to save and name equipment sets, to instantly equip when you change between blademaster and gunner weapons.
  16. flamedog

Local Time:
    Can we cast spells to summon are other self's to fight for us ? : p
  17. Oberon

Oberon Mr. Outside Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Yessss I often find myself with a lack of space in ff14 due to me having class gear both old and new for my classes.....I do hope there is a good system implemented. I only really hang onto my armor in ff for expansion so I don't have to rebuy/earn the gear I used. But then that gets mixed in with mats and crap tons of over stuff and I find myself with an inventory and 2 retainers full of stuff. -.- I'm a virtual hoarder...don't judge me.
  18. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    Is there a darkknight class? owo

Oddly enough, I find myself stuck in Advanced, whilst having soared through WoL. It must've been the job system that got me hyped up. XD I hate recruiting new people though. I never use them, but I feel bad if I deny them.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
    Cerberuspaw likes this.
  19. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    Yup only in WoL though. Probably one of the (if not the)only class(es) that can solo fights against full teams.
  20. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    I was never pulled in by the dark knight class. .3. I tried to find more mage classes and unlocking the spells.