Mounts and Pets

Discussion in 'Monster Creator' started by MoogleMorphosis, Oct 21, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. MoogleMorphosis

MoogleMorphosis Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    5:03 PM
    I know that it must be far from here. I wanted to discuss what we as a community want. BTW, I think someone had claimed that they'd be find-able, along a quest line.

Two things came up to mind, choosing this subtopic.

One was, if there are pets, could there be tamed beasts, of a selective or collective sort? This line alone creates many implications for which I hope everyone becomes open-minded in this.

Two, doesn`t involve a legitimate tie to the monster creator, though it does bring to thought- are pets and allies also considered monsters? NPC's could be made to attack, or even fight. Such a single scene of it, may be reaction skills, or it could be eventful, such as in Mabinogi.

There could be a few GOOD monsters, such as horses, mounts of various types, which know how to defend themselves, or being getting around day-to-day. Then there are BAD ones. The things people ride, or fight along side with, may better the experience with diversity. I was thinking of how the behavioral patterns may be differed, yet I need some help figuring this out. Maybe there could be something along the lines of being on the dark side, and facing a great danger, the player's well trained creature, could either hurt itself in CONFUSION, or go on the winning side.

I think that the better defined a monster is, the elemental type, then, it may be easier/difficult to tame them. I ask if where or not beast capturing could be a thing, and also what the limits COULD be.
  2. KoukinSama

KoukinSama Active Member

Local Time:
    8:03 PM
    if mounts are up for discussion, there will probably be a grunty-esk one but I would like a chokobo ish one from like final fantasy or WoW. there is just something about riding on a giant bird I find amusing to no end
    Elk likes this.
  3. 1UP

1UP Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    If the zone's stay the size they are, I don't see the need for mounts in game. There just isn't a real reason for them.
    MoogleMorphosis likes this.
  4. Ruchkin

Ruchkin Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Personally, I can't see areas staying this size for long I mean it is still in testing with plenty of room for expansion. Last I knew they hadn't even set up the dungeons yet, but that's beside the point. Surely once more areas are added they will be larger and could be quite accessable to mounts not only this but a fast mount could be useful in avoiding unwanted combat then there's the racing factor, I mean who doesn't want to race someone with a horse, a chocobo, a grunty, or some other variation of mount. As for the personallities of said mount I think it should vary and be dependant on the kind of monster being dealt with. Like say a Grunty would be one of the easiest things to train as well as the most loyal however if you went out and tried to tame a wyvern then you'd have an exceedingly more difficult time training it but once trained I can see it also being quite loyal but if you tried to say train a nightmare, you know those black horses with the flames, then they'd turn on you the first chance they got, unless they liked your actions when in there presence which I would imagine them liking there master bullying weak monsters or other players. Which makes me think, and I know it's a bit off topic but I just thought of it, I think that monsters should react differently to players depending on level like if the monsters level is equal or higher they'll actively attack the player however if they were more than 5 levels weaker they'd ignore the player and monsters that are say 15 levels weaker would actually run from the player.
  5. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    It would seem more difficult to have a higher leveled mount/creature in possession, though I could imagine it easily becoming a trade. I could think that some of them would simply become more rare, or else everyone would be trying to have dragons, I think, leastly at some smaller level. You had mentioned levels as an issue here, I haven`t forgotten, though I think that it is something that might be bound to a level cap. I 'sorta' like the idea of trading such creatures, because I think the economy is going to need as much limitations as possible.

As for stats, if we really were heading towards the .hack// region of thinking, wouldn`t it mainly be like the chao garden, where the pets could change characteristics based on details such as consumption, and learning from the creatures around them(also remembering, to a degree, the chao school that teaches them skills). I would hope we could get deeper in discussion with this. I am not entirely sure about levels entirely limiting them, because, for some, the cause for staying with the player could be vastly more different.

I like the idea of being able to tame such creatures, because if in the field they are found, they would be consuming and learning on their own, making them unique, by such factors, also affected by weather.
  6. Seffi

Seffi Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Well we have the Nekos, which are the equivalent of Grunties right? I think I remember reading about those a long time ago. As for actually mounting them, to be honest I felt like the walk speed in-game was ridiculously fast already. If we had mounts I would probably not be able to control how fast I was going lol. On really large fields it could be cool though, similar to how it was in the .Hack games. And also when you raise a Neko, you can trade with it for rare items like you could in the games as well.
  7. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    What is a neko? I would be hoping that, as for characters, the half-beast would be welcomed as well as full-beast race. Besides the point, then. I was curious, and also, I`d wonder if one could go walking speed with the mounts as well, taking me back to a thought of scrolling up/down for speed control. Some people would like to go about this Epona-style from LoZ OoT, where there was regular, and sped up, and was boosted for carrots/stamina. The best use of that, might make these mounts race-able.