Make a jail

Discussion in 'Architecture Creator' started by rebelfan504, May 21, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. rebelfan504

rebelfan504 Active Member Backer

Local Time:
    11:05 PM
    make a special jail area for players that break the rules constantly and the admins can set a time they remain there so if they log off and back on there still in jail.
    MoogleMorphosis and Brijesha like this.
  2. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    9:05 PM
    Homage to the old UO days, huh? Man I have the greatest jail story.

2 guys were fighting and arguing and swearing (which the swearing is against the rules, but usually not a big deal). So, I said fine, you guys cant figure this out, youre going to jail! And I was invis and just sat there as they complained for a few minutes about how they only have so much time to play and how mad they were. Then they started talking. Then they found out they lived near each other. Next thing you know, they were friends so I let them out. Go to jail, make some friends, just like in RL.
    MoogleMorphosis, Oberon and azuretre like this.
  3. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    [​IMG]

It's more efficient to just mute or ban someone. It takes less time and effort, but, in the end, it's an absolutely horrible deterrent. The offender never learns the reasoning behind why action had to be taken. I'm not talking intellectually here; I'm talking about deep in that person's core. It's one thing to know that bad-mouthing someone isn't the right thing to do, but it's another to feel repulsed by the idea of committing an act like that. A mute/ban fixes only the immediate issue. It only stops that one act being committed right then. Unlike jail time, however, the game moderator doesn't have to worry about what's happening inside an instanced field. By just muting or banning the player, the situation can be solved with less time needed to be invested.

On the other side of the coin, jail time takes... time. A game moderator couldn't, in good conscience, just throw the offenders in jail and forget about them. Like Crim did, they have to watch over them until a resolution is found. Instead of being efficient like mutes or bans, jail time is far more effective. It's effective in preventing future issues that may arise. If the person in question isn't committing the actions just because he enjoys to do so, there is still a chance at reformation. By reforming that player instead of eliminating him, our community would benefit far more.
    ( +1 decent > -1 crappy)

I agree if only to give Crim more options in dealing with rule offenders. Having more options leads to a better turnout, if you ask me. Sometimes, it would be better to just get rid of a nuisance if there's no chance at changing it, but, if there is, a jail would be the better alternative.
  4. rebelfan504

Local Time:
    for sure haha
  5. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    The jails in MMO's are usually to seperate the accused until the GM can sort out what is going on before deciding to take action. It's a fairly useful room for how easy they are to create.
    I was considering of making it either a cell room such as FFXIV/FFXI

Or paying homage to .hack with just a white room:

More sided on the dungeon cell. Maybe the white room too for admins (mods would use the dungeon room).

What I eventually want to do is add a court room into the mayors house where peers can vote on punishments :p
    Elk and Crim like this.
  6. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    Maybe I can do public bans like in legend of the twilight, lol. If the arrow misses u, then u must be innocent. *whisper* the arrow never misses */whisper*
  7. rebelfan504

Local Time:
    Yess keramory thats what i was saying thats on point brotha
  8. rebelfan504

Local Time:
    haha the white room would be pretty interesting too just surrounded by those npcs up high in the room looking down on you
  9. MoogleMorphosis

MoogleMorphosis Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Maybe this could also give some thought of a job for some to watch over the players during jailtime, because if they can`t be left, and it would seem to take up too much of an admin's attention and time, then it may be best to have someone, and record, and in between the time, if there is a resolution, not being an admin, the jailers would bring the "evidence" up to the admin in charge of the whole thing, setting over a bit where it happens. (but I think it'd be a bit interesting if the players could still whisper to eachother, just none else, so then, they could surprise the jailer with false games. Or seem to.)