Kickstarter Stretch Goals

Discussion in 'Kickstarter/Indiegogo' started by Siegfre, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Siegfre [IridiumBased] President Staff Member

Local Time:
    5:58 PM
    Keramory and I discussed some possible additions we'd like to add to the game beyond the basics for exceeding our kickstarter goals by a certain amount. (350k, 400k, etc...) So post your ideas up and what you think the amount should be for it. (remember our base goal is 310k)
  2. Aryth

Aryth Developer Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    7:58 PM
    I think Axl's initial idea of adding support and material for the new displays (i.e. Oculus Rift) was a good one, and well worth the goal increase. I think it's solidly worth a 30-40k increase (If I'm not mistaken, the UDK is $1500 for Unity Pro). Especially with our staff, it would take some time to include.

Also, the higher our goal is, the more we can afford with the reward side of things. We can increase the benefit and increase the goal in proportion.
  3. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Local Time:
    Yeah the additional displays are definitely worth it. And also something I stumbled across the other day. http://www.faceshift.com/ it adds something else to our list of toys to play with if we get lets say a 100k increase.

Some of the most successful projects offer rewards for millions of dollars as well. So we can't be so light with our giveaways.
  4. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    1. Altimit Like Userface in game browser.
    Much like .hack, before the actual game starts...theres a few other options.
    Such as checking game email, boards, or news.
    We can EASILY replicate that.
    But its an extra feature, why not make it a stetch goal.

2. Adding game profiles (next to hp bar) to the forums profile.
  5. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    Adding an additional Class to the game:
    Brawler/Grappler
    advanced classes: Martial Artist / Monk

Hand to hand class.

Adding another class at another stretch goal

Archer
    advanced class: Hunter / Sniper

Adding ANOTHER class at another stretch goal

Elementalist
    advanced class: Summoner
  6. Icedsteaz

Icedsteaz Marketing Agent Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Axl and I should be working on the banner for the stretch goals like the one on Project Eternity
  7. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    Ok so in more detail

450k - An extra pre-game service before logging into The World. Named Ultimate, players can send messages to others, check the news, and use a message board exclusively for online users.

600k - With extra funding, we at Iridium can afford more advanced animation movement with characters. Storyline and quest cutscenes will be greatly improved, something we believe will allow the players to feel more involved in the game.

750k - Oculus Rift and Emotiv functioning with The World. Reaching this goal will allow us to put resources towards integrating The World with the amazing oculus rift, this will provide player's with a 3d environment that they can control naturally. Emotiv will give players the option of controlling their character, and interacting with the environment entirely with their mind. We believe coupling these two technologies together will allow for an immersive experience like no other.

900k - An unlockable mage like class for those who have completed a portion of the game that focuses on summoning. Will have advanced classes to it.

1.50 Million - PvP Overview Minigame where users can import their characters into a PvP game not influenced by in game weapons, equipment, or levels. Skills and stats will be dependent on class alone. Similar to PvP games like League of Legends, players will be on a small team with the objective to destroy the enemy base. Players will be able to buy equipment and weapons by currency collected per round.

2 Million - An additional playable race, a wolf humanoid like class.
  8. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    edited stretch goals
  9. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Local Time:
    Updated the emotiv & oculus rift section.
  10. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    Edited a bit on some stuff. Changed the neko class to a wolf like class to avoid storyline/lore issues.