Kickstarter count down!

Discussion in 'Kickstarter/Indiegogo' started by Keramory, Dec 1, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    7:39 PM
    Sieg and myself planned to get out kickstarter within this month towards the end.
    Ideally I think we should hit a few days before Christmas...before peolpe start spending all their damn money on gifts...and of course it'll last long after christmas, when many will get extra money as well. Its around the perfect ideal time for people to spend, so I dont think we should waste the chance.

We need to work hard and fast!

- We need so far a developer video, which is the most important part and the one I think we can get done well.
    - We need a remake of the town with new textures, something that siegfre and axl are working on. We can throw this into a video of its own without anything special with our original music.
    Some animation video with one of our characters, which siegfre and daf are working on.
    - More concept art for the dev video and for our download portfolio
    - Orginal music (DONE)
    - Edit and review kickstarter page, goals, and pledge rewards
    - Spreading our name out everywhere, hard.

Please for the next month post daily updates here! Even if you dont do anything that day we need to know whats going on! This is what will make and break us!
  2. Aryth

Aryth Developer Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    9:39 PM
    Alright, well, my situation is a little complex. It's very important that I spend a majority of my time focusing on school. Although, on the 15th, I will have my degree and can fully devote my time to helping wherever necessary (buying fiverr stuff, assisting with getting details together, advertise, etc.)
  3. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    Thats fine, I am personally stepping out of the country from the 13th to the 17th ...but will try and do what I can from there, hopefully.
    Bad timing and cant avoid it for my citizenship. Who knows maybe I'll find a way to turn that into a blessing.

Anyways Aryth, I think its very important that you try and make your part of the video, especially about battle mechanics and classes. Sound smart and mathy as you always are!!!
  4. Aryth

Local Time:
    I can do that... But only after I graduate... It comes first... And I'll have an awesome (and supposedly useful) college degree.
  5. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Siegfre [IridiumBased] President Staff Member

Local Time:
    Yes, I too think around Christmas is an ideal time to strike. Plus I can ask people to donate as my christmas gift xD
  6. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Local Time:
    Just worked on the character today. Having some trouble texturing it.
  7. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    Last night: Worked with the fivver a little on the art section. Was looking more into them and was preparing for the video.
    Sieg do you want me to make the goblin xiff drew for the demo?
  8. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Local Time:
    Yeah, it'll probably be better then our current goblins.
  9. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    Goblin is done on my end. Might fix up the shaman next.
    Gonna work on a few more and put some good screenshots on it.
    Remember soon is the deadline for the videos, we need to give our editor some time to make it lol.
  10. Icedsteaz

Icedsteaz Marketing Agent Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Great I'm free after this Wednesday til the 31st, I'll work extremely hard after I'm braindead from finals
  11. Aryth

Local Time:
    That's probably a good time because I'll likely have my video done by then.
  12. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    Ok...so.
    I'm leaving the country tomorrow!
    I have a few eh videos I'll upload for you before I go.
    STILL NO good introduction!
    I'll make one when I get back!

Its a pain in the butt Iced because it makes you work faster but I'll get back by the 17th. Please just put a placeholder video in the begining.

Not sure entirely how the video should go but:

Logo
    small clip of the game fadding out (if we have it)
    Me or Gato introducing the project and about the game

About Storyline- Me
    About Classes- Aryth/Gato
    About Monsters- Me (or XIFF!)
    About Landscapes/dungeons- Gato?
    About PvP- Me (or gato if he does a better one)
    About Programming/techincal- Gato
    About Balancing/Combat- Aryth
    About art style- Axl

About ourselves and thank you- All of us
  13. Icedsteaz

Local Time:
    Alright thanks
  14. Icedsteaz

Local Time:
  15. Aryth

Local Time:
    To be honest, only the first one was unsuccessful. The others have 20 or more days until the end of their campaign. I'm concerned about the first one, though. They used Unity, have an amazing looking product, and only made 20,000 pounds (about 32000 dollars). Our graphics and characters don't even stack up to theirs and they only made a third of their goal.
  16. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Local Time:
    It's probably 2 things. Marketing, and they showed gameplay. I believe ker pointed out that games, even good games that show actual gameplay do worse. Also their video, sounds like they're trying to hard..

Also look what they're asking funding for
    "We'll prepare an alpha version of the game that will be ready for play (or testing). There will be a crafting system, character skills, and two of the four races which will take part in the conflict. Plot-wise there will obviously be many quests and interesting riddles. The world will operate in a day and night cycle, influencing living NPCs and creatures. The game's world will be big enough that it will allow players to enjoy long gameplay including PvP combat."

Right after they said this
    "Prealpha version - this is where we stand now. We have basic game elements, the world is explorable online and the most basic combat is functional. You can already murder hordes of enemies! Still, there is a lot to do before this version will become a fully playable alpha version. We want to bring you the best entertainment, and so we'd like to introduce you to our plans."

Also here's a pretty informative article that might help more with that. http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/370672/page/1

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/turns...tomy_b_1598094.html?view=print&comm_ref=false
    http://gigaom.com/2012/05/25/behind-the-scenes-of-a-failed-kickstarter-project/
    http://www.thedominoproject.com/2012/06/why-kickstarter-campaigns-fail.html
    http://crowdfundinghelp.com/7-reasons-why-crowdfunding-projects-fail/
  17. Icedsteaz

Local Time:
    I agree with Sieg, I've noticed that the games that show gameplay don't really get funded, because it's like a spoiler for the devlopment of the game. Also a lot of mmorpgs are too generic and are usually worse than the more mainstream mmos. We should include details on how our mmorpg is different from others such as the chaos gate.