Just Curious

Discussion in 'Out-of-Character' started by IzunaSuchiha, Jun 12, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. IzunaSuchiha

IzunaSuchiha Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    3:01 PM
    Well would it be a bad idea to make a free forum for role play of the .hack role play kind where it's just for RP. So it would be more in depth with character sheets and just a little more room for RP.
  2. Brijesha

Brijesha Teller of Seasons Senior Member

Local Time:
    5:01 AM
    If you need a whole other board to maximize your .hack Roleplay, by all means go for it. I doubt it would be a problem if you used Iridium's OOC section to advertise your project, recruit players, and build your game together; so by all means, make this place your base of operations for the time being.

Do you plan to use different boards from your forum as game servers for 'The World', with threads sufficing as in-game areas? In my opinion, I think using the majority of a forum to replicate a whole game-world is a great idea- especially one such as 'The World.' Narratives that have potential for epic proportions tend to suffocate when built in a single thread.
  3. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    1:01 PM
    You're not going to have many people on it just to warn you. There are already a few RP .hack forums, and they're all more or less dead. RP'ing .hack is a very...very...tiny portion of RP'ers lol. Even at the .hack prime of RP, there wasn't more then like 10 RP'ers.
  4. IzunaSuchiha

Local Time:
    Exactly what I intend to so it will be more in depth and allow a more creative experience and everything will be more organized. And so far I've already got a friend who is interested. Likely I will create multiple boards within the said forum. I think I will make or find a map of the world and divide it into sectors and make those sectors boards within the forum and put different places as sub-boards within the said sector board
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  5. Brijesha

Local Time:
    You could make a map of the game-world, but unfortunately; as far as I know, there's very little reference material to do such a thing. Not that I think its impossible or anything, but I'm baffled as to how you'd get the job done. I've never seen a full scale map of the game world.. :( Also, how exactly will this game be played? You can turn 'The World' into a place of great detail and not treat it as a fictional mmorpg- which using this method would give more of a reason for a world map, it'd be a "real" place... :S
  6. IzunaSuchiha

Local Time:
    Yeah the best part is the world is a series of different places in which you warp too so for the making of maps and what not is completely left up to the own persons imagination plus you could make into a map like construct by the use of the terrain In a given location like there were lush green forests and sandy deserts and beautiful meadows all of these can be classified into different terrains and henceforth into categories which could be used to make a map. Also don't forget that the world is considered to be a "Real" world it is literally a reality even if it is only virtual. Henceforth the fact that the mind has been trapped in the game on numerous occasions so for those people THE WORLD became their reality and it was their real world
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  7. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    You know...we...we have a map of the game right? >.>

Also fun fact of .hack, they have a map too. It's crazy as absolute shit but .hack did make a real world map of TW.
    Tried finding it, got lazy, its in the .hack wiki somewhere. There's a GIANT statue of Aura just right on top of the damn planet.
  8. Brijesha

Local Time:
    Its really buried deep within the wiki... I'm having trouble finding it. I WANT TO SEE IT SO BAD! T_T"
  9. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    Well props to whoever finds it. Its an art sketch of one of the newer TW sagas.
  10. Brijesha

Local Time:
  11. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    There you go. Theres another artwork somewhere of the statue being bigger but thats the same landmass. BIG STATUE!
    Brijesha likes this.
  12. Apeiron

Apeiron Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    4:01 PM
    Yeah it was for .hack// The Movie. Which actually wasn't that bad a movie. Which is weird, as I don't like much of the 3rd gen .hack stuff.
    Brijesha likes this.
  13. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    Thats because .hack does well as a drama. The heros, aka an unlucky few people are going through a horrific experience 90% of the time while everyone else is having a blast. Even the very core of TW is a horrific story within itself, its purpose of its creation and how it ended when Aura woke up lol.
    When .hack does comedy...its...meh
    Brijesha likes this.
  14. Apeiron

Apeiron Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    As a long time fan of the series I think it's fairly safe to say .hack//legend of the twilight made me want to drill my eyes out.

Back on topic though yeah It's like kera said. RPing is a very small section of the already small community. It sorta works on this forum sometimes because we have a semi large influx of new people coming in for the game. By itself though I don't really think it has enough appeal :p
    Brijesha likes this.
  15. Stalwart_as_the_Mount

Stalwart_as_the_Mount Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    I would help but I suck at writing so I don't like RPing
  16. Brijesha

Local Time:
    Sure, 'the World' is a real place in a virtual realm, but what I was trying to say was that you can treat it as a physical world. A place that doesn't exist within an MMORPG. A roleplay about the inhabitants of the floating continent known as Alba. I'd be quite interested in something like that.

I wonder what an ancient Alba was like? How the world used to be when the Chaos Gates were first created and prior.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    Cerberuspaw likes this.
  17. Fujishawa

Fujishawa Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Hey I think this a great Idea! I'm in the (Probably) last living .hack RP, and despite it just being me and MoogleMorphisis I'm still having a good time. Even though Haseo is the owner of the RP, I pretty much am making up a story for it. The only reason I believe it's lasted this long was because of a bit of drama. I haven't actually done any RP like this before, but I think it would be fun to try it. If you need my help with something let me know, I'm glad to help anyway I can!
  18. Natsume

Natsume New Member

Local Time:
    10:01 PM
    I had an idea similar to this one, so I'll post it here instead of creating a new thread.

I just registered on this forum because I've had a bit of an RP craving as of late and the TRPG of cyberconnects.com seems to have died with the site. I think it might be interesting to create a couple of threads that each represent a different area in the World (e.g. one thread is Theta server's main hub, one is a monster-rich area, one is the guild hall, etc) where the RP would be freeform and those who were interested could post with whatever characters they saw fit and interact with one another to create stories together. More of a collaborative storytelling than a traditional game, really. Hell, since there probably won't be a large number of players, and since there would be no "GM", they could post as multiple characters if they wanted, assuming they clarified in each new post which character was the "active" one. I'm not sure if people would at all interested in this sort of experience, but it's basically what I've been looking for.
    Brijesha likes this.