Iridium Based Player/Guild Database

Discussion in 'The Guild Corner' started by TokioKuryuu, Feb 21, 2016.

?

What do you think about the Players Listing?

1. Not Very Useful

12.5%
  2. Not Useful

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Meh

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Useful

25.0%
  5. Very Useful

62.5%
  6. I don't know, but why...?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. TokioKuryuu

TokioKuryuu Allgegenwärtige Katze Senior Member

Local Time:
    2:55 AM
    Hello Iridium Based players! Here, I present the players/guilds list, originally created by @Mattimao1239 here, right in this thread.

Obviously, the list is too big for anyone to read, so it's in Google spreadsheet instead. You can find it here. There you can view, sort, comment, or suggest.

Before you start anything (other than viewing), you must comply with rules. I'll be forced to disable spreadsheet and it will be no longer maintained it ever. Mostly, it applies to the forum rules as well, so make sure you already had read it.

1. Do not spam comments and/or suggestions. They will be read. However if more are needed, make sure you have reasons for that.
    2. Do not spam me through private messages or in this thread to request new information. You are not lazy to add information yourself.
    3. I am not Matt. Do not think that I am like him.
    If you are new to this, read the next post for more information.
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
  2. TokioKuryuu

Local Time:
    The database, obviously, is locked. You can't edit anything unless you have the permission to do so. However, that does not mean you can't add the new information, or even update it.

To add the new information or to update it, go to the Google Forms here. Of course, it's a new way to add/update information!

Just do as you're instructed and everything should be fine. However, if I found something that breaks rules, it will be removed from Forms and will not be added to the database.
  3. flamedog

flamedog Draeanale Senior Member Indiegogo Backer Parkour Master

Local Time:
    May I suggest turning on suggestions... then people can make changes but they'll need to be approved
  4. TokioKuryuu

Local Time:
    You mean comments? They are already on.

EDIT: As I mentioned, I will add another spreadsheet for anyone to add new info. But yes, anyone can make changes to the sheet with existing info using comments.
  5. flamedog

flamedog Draeanale Senior Member Indiegogo Backer Parkour Master

Local Time:
    No... There is literally a mode called "suggestions" it works the same way track changes does in word if you've ever used it
    Sorry :p Seems you can't use suggestion mode unless you allow edits :p continue on with the comments
  6. TokioKuryuu

Local Time:
    Oh? That's new to me. Where do I find it? How do I turn it on after I allow edits?
  7. TokioKuryuu

Local Time:
    UPDATE: The spreadsheet was updated and now is open for everyone to use.
  8. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    1:55 AM
    If you have editing on, make sure that you have it set up so that only those with the link can access the document. Otherwise, it'll appear in the Google Docs database whenever people go searching through it.

It's under the link sharing settings. There are three options: Public on the web, Anyone with the link, and Specific people. If it's on public, people other than just us here at IB will be able to find the spreadsheet with a simple web search. Link only makes it so that they can only access it via the link you share, regardless of whether you allow editing or not with that link.

Google Docs is a pretty amazing platform. Good choice.
    TokioKuryuu likes this.
  9. TokioKuryuu

Local Time:
    After reading the first sentence, I stopped. I use Google's tools a lot. That is why I knew how to set it up. Otherwise, I might will be unable to find out how I can use the scripting tools to count people/players or how to sort out the list.

Yes, the editing mode is on. And it is open to everyone who uses the link. It's not public, it's only to people who have the access to the link. Already had this planned from the beginning.

I even protected the first sheet and made the second editable. Did you see everything in it?

By the way, thanks for all of these tips and moving this thread even though I believe it's not classified as a guild listing. I appreciate it though. :p
    calmchaos likes this.
  10. TokioKuryuu

Local Time:
    UPCOMING UPDATE: The first and second posts will be edited for grammar corrections and better clarification. There also will be changes to the spreadsheet to reflect the count and such. Be sure to look forward to it on May 15.
  11. TokioKuryuu

Local Time:
    UPDATE: The title had been renamed to "IB Player/Guild Database". The "Add New Info" sheet had been removed and the easy way to add information was introduced. You can find it here. The spreadsheet got a bunch of changes, which added the multiple characters and classes support and the guild database sheet was added. The guild database contains useful information. To clear this up...
    • There are now player and guild databases for reasons and better purposes.
    • Duplicated players were merged with the original row for multiple characters and classes support.
    • "Role / Status" was renamed to "Role" to make it more simpler. "Normal" was changed to "Member" and "Guild Leader" is no longer used.
    • Players being in guilds are mentioned in the player database. The guild database will not include the names of players, but members count.
    • In guild database, it now contains descriptions, government types, additional leaders, divisions, members count, and extra information. This should help, hopefully.
  12. Cosmic Architect

Cosmic Architect Active Member Senior Member Backer

Local Time:
    Great idea. :)
    TokioKuryuu likes this.
  13. TokioKuryuu

Local Time:
    UPDATE: The form is now divided into two parts. One for the Player database and another for the Guild database. It is now much easier to maintain the submissions. Additionally:
    • The characters maximum bumped up to four. It still needs to be changed, since at any time the development team could decide the maximum is three. We just don't know when.
    • The multiple guilds support was added.
    • Advanced classes were removed from the drop-down where you select classes. To make it simpler, an option for the class advancement was added.
    • Items were arranged around the form to make it easier to maintain. Additionally, "Notes" item was added.
    • The Agreement was added to both Player and Guild databases forms.
    • The confirmation was added to both Player and Guild databases forms.
  14. Cosmic Architect

Local Time:
    Wait, so when you say we can have 4(maybe 3) characters for our account, I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying I could use my key for more than 1 account?
  15. TokioKuryuu

Local Time:
    No. Right now there are one character per account because it's in alpha. I'm saying that because in the beta phase, we will be able to create more than one character in one account.

Since it's in alpha, people are likely to create more than one account so they can play around with other classes with different builds. And one key only work with one account.
    Cosmic Architect likes this.
  16. Cosmic Architect

Local Time:
    Aaaah, that makes sense. Okays.
    TokioKuryuu likes this.
  17. Mattimao1239

Mattimao1239 Chicken Chaser Senior Member

Local Time:
    Well there can be only one.

Thanks for picking up my slack Tokkio, glad to see people liked the idea so much that they had to make it even better :D