Ill Ladro Carnevale (Thief Guild)

Discussion in 'The Guild Corner' started by Thespian, Aug 4, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Thespian

Thespian Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:54 PM
    Welcome, welcome ladies and gentlemen! I see you in the audience. Yes, you in the back. Allow me to get a good look at you. Yes, I see what you desire... You find no interest in the mundane activities of the world, no sir. All this talk about chivalry and murder for hire has got you bored to the brink of jumping into the rivers of Aqua Polis doesn't it? What you find solace in is not mere victory, that is just icing on the cake. What you desire is as clear as day. Treasure! To loot all that shines! I like you, my friend. I know what its like to seek power through money. So why don't you come along with us, travel The World in seek of the most valued treasures ever to see the light of creation. Be you a master of the blade, an pupil of the magical, a virtuoso of the shadows or an arcane gunman. All are welcome in... THE THIEVING CARNIVAL!!

I hope you enjoyed that little intro. Basically the idea is a guild that specializes in trade and acquisition of rare items. Affiliated with none, but available to the service off all. I mean, if there is going to be a war between those who seek justice within the world, and the assassins, somebody has got to profit from this conflict ;). See... its not about being heroes or villains, no. Its not about protecting others or forcing their hand, its about serving ourselves however we damn please!

The objectives of the guild is pretty simple:

1) Collection of information regarding secrets and gameplay advantages of [TheWorld] (I.E. Information Brokers). this will be a large part of the guild aside from the simple collection of items. This can range from anything to Observing a particular player's gameplay habits or studying NPC habits in areas, of course this will depend on how the game makes use of its NPC and how far it allows player to interact with each other in passive ways.

2) Gathering of rare and powerful items. This is basically part of what has been discussed heavily in this thread. Since we aren't primarily a PK guild its not just about taking items from players you don't like. Its about getting the customer the item he desires at a price based on 3 factors:

a) Availability of the item to the player base and in game market.
    b) Strength of the item (When talking about weapons), or overall desirability of the item to the player base (All items, be them aesthetic or or if they affect gameplay. Just because an item is rare doesn't mean its particularly desired by many players.)
    c) Effort put in by the particular guild member in obtaining said item.

This doesn't mean that if your item is also available in the in game market, it will be more expensive from us. These are just the projected factors for a specific item.

3) Management of the in game economy by legal means for the benefits of ALL guild members. Aside from of course having the benefit of free information from our information brokers for all guild members and discounted prices on our items. Players of course receive a commission for all sales they make. At the moment I'm looking at somewhere between a 40% payment to the player and the rest 60% to the guild. The money that the guild receives will in turn be utilized for business between fellow guilds like for example NAGA, and of course obtaining items which could be used in future transaction. We will not affiliate with any particular guilds. OUR SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE TO ALL GUILDS AND PLAYERS REGARDLESS OF LEVEL OR EXPERIENCE! Through this I plan to create a cooperative atmosphere between our guild and the rest of the game world.

Logo.egg_f6436.png

Thespian: Guild Leader

Members:

Grimmlockk
    Ozcar Von Dreams
    AzureCloud

EDIT: You might be wondering why I didn't specify positions within the guild like other guilds have so far. That doesn't mean that there wont be special positions within the guild. But at this stage of development I feel that it will be best for aspiring members to experience how they would like to play within the guild before them asking for a position. Rest assured, POSITIONS WILL BE ASSIGNED FOLLOWING THE NEXT PATCH! So keep that in mind, and don't be discouraged about asking for a position you would enjoy.
  2. Jinx

Jinx Active Member

Local Time:
    7:54 AM
    I was waiting for a thieves guild to pop up! And NAGA ain't in any war yet! Though we may only be providing our services for money, I can see how we are the thorns amongst roses. I would wish that we could be acquaintances at the least. And you guys might render my Black Market idea useless lol!
  3. Gallatin

Gallatin Active Member

Local Time:
    5:54 PM
    I'll bet one of you two will have a group of professional victims all set up. I'm expecting it.
  4. Jinx

Jinx Active Member

Local Time:
    7:54 AM
    If someone put in a job for us and it was for a professional victim, we'd comply. If its a job, it's a job. But I don't know about Ill Ladro Carnivale. By the way, I do love the name and concept :p
  5. Vayu

Vayu Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Not gonna lie, i really dig this guild's idea.
  6. Thespian

Local Time:
    Thanks man, I myself prefer this play style rather than simple good versus evil. The problem with Auction Houses built within the game is that they are usually the only way to obtain good items. Games like Star Wars Galaxies allowed a really great P2P economy that barely ever interacted with the auction houses and shops in game. I started playing wow recently and It just doesn't seem that good. everything in the world is controlled by blizzard, it seems like the player just does quests and doesn't contribute anything to either the world in general or the economy. I can't wait to see how we interact with other guilds
  7. GrimmLockk

GrimmLockk Member

Local Time:
    2:54 PM
    Hm, very interesting concept. I do plan on making a thief, which will become a Treasure Hunter, and being Guildless is a bother...
  8. Krescent

Krescent Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    HOORAY for the DARK BROTHER... I mean The Thieving Carnival!

loved the intro.
  9. Thespian

Local Time:
    All are welcome, if you are interested then let me know. Depending on how the next patch works out we can begin mapping out good item areas.

Actually I was thinking of a PS2 game called dark cloud 2. But id be a hypocrit if I said I wasnt guildmaster in both the dark brotherhood and the thieves guild XD
    GrimmLockk likes this.
  10. GrimmLockk

GrimmLockk Member

Local Time:
    I will gladly help if it comes to that in any and all ways possible.
    Thespian likes this.
  11. Thespian

Local Time:
    Wonderful, welcome to Ill Ladro Carnevale, Grimmlockk!
  12. Shale

Shale Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Well now, here's a guild worth keeping an eye on. I must say, tis a concept that I think will fit in extremely well within the confines of [The World] and, in later stages, it may have the potential to do wonders for the in game economy. And, of course, your spiffy intro is likely to do wonders for recruitment.

Needless to say, I'll be watching.
  13. Ozkar Von Dreams

Ozkar Von Dreams Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    This sound wonderful id be glad to join
  14. Thespian

Local Time:
    Wonderful! Feel free to use the picture in your signature. And be sure to check out the thread after the next patch hits. Thats when I expect the guild to really take form. Welcome to the guild Mr. Dreams :)
  15. Ozkar Von Dreams

Local Time:
    And What Wonderful Dreams, We Shall Have In This Guild.
    Thespian Are We Going To Have Our Own Black Market?
    Shady Deals In The Back Of Mac Anu?
  16. Krescent

Krescent Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    black market in this game... how would that work? Just curious.
  17. Ozkar Von Dreams

Local Time:
    well i could work like you pay us for geting something for you and if we dont have it in stock we go get it but it will cost more
  18. Cold

Cold Tinker Monkey

Local Time:
    10:54 PM
    It is, inevitable, that black markets / "treasure hunters for hire" will become a part of this game.

It appears, that any game that has items gained from doing *anything*, will create a trading point of one sort or another.

This will create, what I call a "black market economy". How items will be obtained by players however, remains to be fully seen. But I expect many people/guilds will go about doing things like this, as humans always strike me as naturally greedy creatures.

My primary concern at this time, is if the game inventory will have items that have a "maximum active limit".
    IE, items that the game world will only allow, say, 6 of at any one time.

These items will ofcourse, be sold at ludicrously high prices by said greedy players and generate "elitism" amongst players.

These things I am not a fan of, unfortuantly.

On the other hand, if PvP is allowed anywhere outside of a Root Town *without* needing to be enabled and player items drop on death for the killers to loot, then the above problem can be somewhat avoided, but this only brings on another problem.

Ofcourse, when some bastard makes farmbots or the gold spammers appear, as I'm sure most of you have come across if you've played other MMO's, then the game economy will be ruined quite quickly anyway.

EDIT:

Err, wasn't trying to offtopic there either by the way, sorry. xD
  19. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    4:54 PM
    PK the bots -.- all of them, or cripple them to slow their progress
  20. Ozkar Von Dreams

Local Time:
    Well I Wouldnt Sell Anything A Super High Price Just Enough For My Time And Payment of the cost of the items