Ice breaker thread!

Discussion in 'Neko's Tavern' started by Yeul, Aug 27, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Yeul

Yeul Member

Local Time:
    5:47 AM
    I feel like this is a good spot for this since it'll be amongst the introductions and what not.

But yes, and ice breaker thread! I don't see why not. We can all get to know each other better. c:

So, how this works is you simply just post something interesting about yourself. It could be something you think that other people might want to know about you, or could be something entirely random.~

I'll start.

My favorite animal is a manatee.
  2. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    4:47 AM
    I got to pet a manatee in the gulf last summer great memory thanks for that.

I guess my thing would be a love of penguins and enjoy books, comics, manga, etc.
  3. kungfuboom

kungfuboom Monster Maker! Senior Member

Local Time:
    I to enjoy books, comics, manga, etc.
    My favorite animal is the Panda
    My favorite movie is a tossup between My Neighbor Totoro and Land before Time just the first one
    Both of my thumbs are double jointed and it grosses a lot of people out apparently
  4. Yeul

Yeul Member

Local Time:
    Aww. I wanna pet a manatee. ^__^
    I also like comics and manga.
    And my shoulders are double jointed. Grossing people out has become a source of humor for me hehe.
  5. Shale

Shale Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Translation: She's not quite human.

And I do believe someone mentioned The Land Before Time...oof, right in the childhood. I haven't seen those movies in more years than I care to count.
    ragexbeat likes this.
  6. Yeul

Yeul Member

Local Time:
    I can't really disagree with this since it's half true. ;c
  7. Aryth

Aryth Developer Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    I have a clo... I mean, twin brother.
  8. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    Well they're big fans of fresh water so if one is in the area just run a water hose into the bay if you get the chance they swim right up an start drinking and the one i managed to pet was really docile so it was nice experience. I'm not double jointed but my pinky can bend around the back of my ring through index finger with no assistance. don't know if that counts for anything.

lol
  9. Yeul

Yeul Member

Local Time:
    One of my old teachers used to donate money every month to a manatee rescue foundation and she would always get letters about the specific manatee that her money was going to. She used to bring in the letters and show us. It was really cool. ^__^
  10. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    Only ever had one teacher like that, but she was crazy she wanted some of us to swim in a questionable lake (in terms of bacteria) to clean it :/ as part of our lake cleanup...needless to say the schoolboard wasn't onboard.
  11. Aryth

Aryth Developer Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    I never had any teachers like that. O.O
    Though I did have some science teachers that wanted to create some things to help the school and the environment. We planted trees and found ways to use solar panels to power the sprinkler systems in the county.

Though I did have one that let us have pen pals from some country I can't quite remember at the moment.
  12. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    wish i had teachers like yours that's awesome
  13. Thespian

Thespian Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:47 AM
    Come live in Puerto Rico, it gets to the point where looking at Manatees makes me yawn. My dream is to one day see wolves and deer. Ive never seen one of them, and its something I definitely want to see too. As for my interests, I love far eastern culture, but above that Im a huge fan of comics and soccer. Thats why my ultimate dream is to see iron man fighting against Cristiano Ronaldo in Tokyo during sakura full bloom (Yes, it will happens some day!)
  14. Amorouslovers.

Amorouslovers. Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I remember having a pen pal from Tokyo. That was really cool. They sent me chop sticks and a fan. lol

Anyway, I'm really into the Lolita fashion, but being a boy, I can't really wear the dresses here. v.v Instead, I just play with some crafty accessories (i.e., taking a pair of headphones and decorating them with ribbons and fake roses, stuff like that.) I dunno, just the idea of frills and lace excites me. (no sexual innuendo intended.)
  15. Shale

Shale Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    You want to talk awesome teachers? Back in high school I had a chemistry teacher who was retiring at the end of the year. He let us make hydrogen fireballs and taught us how to create a makeshift mortar...which he then demonstrated in the school parking lot on voting day. Coolest guy ever! >.<
  16. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    my high school sucked :( the most that ever happened was a vice principal suplexed a female student to stop a fight that was borderline ready to riot. (As you can see wasn't the greatest of environments but what can you do)
  17. Yeul

Yeul Member

Local Time:
    My art teacher always let us throw international food parties every term. I would always bring in ice cream mochi because it's amazing. <3

@Amorouslovers. : That's really cool that you like Lolita fashion. n__n I find it really interesting myself, but I love all kinds of fashion from around the world as well.

@Thespian : Soccer is actually one of the only sports I enjoy watching. xD We also have plenty of deer in New England. I don't think we have any wolves, but there sure are coyotes and bears.~
  18. Amorouslovers.

Amorouslovers. Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    We watched Superbad in my art class one year.. it was hilarious of my teacher to let us, but she got fired the next day... this being the second time she had been fired. LOL.

The school I went to wasn't really strict when it came to academics, actually. Although it was easy learning because it was small, the teachers didn't really much care about the educational portion of teaching. XD

In my aquatic science class, we actually watched reruns of Shark Week, did coloring pages of fish, and sloppy PowerPoint presentations that, no matter how bad they were, were always graded with an A+. Needless to say, I loved my school. lol.
  19. Thespian

Thespian Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:47 AM
    My Highschool Principal is pretty freakin cool, my best friend actually called her at 4 AM drunk as hell to see if he could stay at her house cause he was afraid of what his dad would do to him and she actually went to the concert and picked him up without telling his parent's shit.

My chemistry teacher though... Grade A biotch, she is so stuck up and proud that it gets in the way of the class, and she hates males. Like ALL males, even male teachers. She is just a fail as everything, our old maths teacher though, super awesome. She took us to watch The Avengers in theaters AS A FIELD TRIP!!!
  20. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    *sees cool high school. Then goes on life changing journey to find enlightenment and hopefully something redeeming about his high school life*