How do the classes look at this point?

Discussion in 'Classes' started by Thorvald Zehmke, Dec 3, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Thorvald Zehmke

Thorvald Zehmke Member

Local Time:
    9:42 AM
    So I just started following this game, and I am extatic to try it out at some point.
    Thus I was browsing through the class list and found the class graphs a bit, odd I guess you could say.
    So I thought blademaster looks like it's a an absolutely crazy all around character, and not the usual jack of all trades masters of nothing that you usually see from those kinds of classes.
    And I'm looking for someone who'd enlighten me on how these classes effectively work in the game, and which character would suit what person.
  2. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    2:42 AM
    Well as it stands now the classes themselves are very early in the development stages, so much of what is known is expected to change. But for now.
    -Knights are meant as an in between having ok damage output but having a small repertoire of buffs and supports skills with a dash of offensive magic. I believe equipment will be the determining factor of current skills (like .hack) so ultimately a knight will be able to function as a lower tier class replacement for any party lacking a key role.
    -Wavemasters obviously are all around casters and as for how they'll play I imagine you can tweak the spell loadout with equipment to be either a glass cannon/hybrid/ or a support mage.
    -Runecasters are meant to be a ranged class with elemental damage capabilities as well as a limited support function. Most of there skills are meant to be single target including buffs so they aren't as effective at supporting large teams like say Wavemaster or even blademaster. Though some of there single target buffs provide excellent improvement.
    -Lancers are pretty much AoE(Area of effect, I know you probably already know but just in case a new forum member doesn't) agility classes. I don't think they have access to any spells or ranged abilities but are supposed to boast the second fastest attack speed and highest dps(damage per second) skills for a melee class when single targeting.
    -Thief is almost like a speciality class in a sense as it can be tweaked for crit damage and debuffing or improving party loot conditions. Damage wise its pretty weak but provides the best debuffs from a melee class.
    -Blademasters have the second highest base damage with access to a few offensive spells and a large quantity of high damage skills (primarily single target, but a few Aoe). A few self support skills as well
    -Berserker have the highest base damage but the slowest attack speed. There skills are strictly single targeting but deal small to mild debuffs. They lack offensive magic but unsure if they have access to support magic.

I think that covers them all and what knowledge I know of them
  3. Thorvald Zehmke

Thorvald Zehmke Member

Local Time:
    That was very informative, thank you very much!
    I like how different the classes sound, but it might prove to be incredibly hard to balance for higher end PvE (Player versus Environment) content, depending on how hardcore the dev team is considering to make it. That of course is looking very far into the future, but my argument stands. Especially for classes like the Thief and the Knight, which don't seem to boast any more significance other than taking an empty spot, or securing loot on a farm run. :/
  4. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    Well the Knight also is the only shield class. I don't know how that will factor in later. Initially each class had a tier passive that improved the whole party at its max stage. I think that was scrapped but knights provided a nice physical defence buff,so I think they're intended to be the defensive based class. Thief is a debuff machine with high attack speed and evasion. The Knights attack is about even with the lancers base and the thief is a bit weaker but capable of dealing at least competent damage. So I wouldn't say that they don't have a predominate use outside of lot runs. Just they fit more of a tactician and overwatch style of pay which may not be fitting for many players.

Glad my explanation helped
  5. Thorvald Zehmke

Thorvald Zehmke Member

Local Time:
    You're probably right about that. Well in the end, let's see what the future brings. And now that you mentioned it, it really makes no sense to compare it too much to other PvE based mmo's.
    Having a melee class as a tactician seems odd from a physical viewpoint perspective, but if that is what they're going for then all the power too them ;)
    I hope the server is fixed by next weekend so I can take a closer look myself and see how the different classes play at this point.
    And hopefully get out an informative discussion video about the game and my first impressions of the Alpha. ^^
  6. Shreeker

Shreeker New Member

Local Time:
    12:42 AM
    So I'm joining into this a bit late, and this may not exactly be the correct place to ask this question, but I was curious as to whether anyone could inform me the current(which there doesn't even appear to be) twin blade situation? Is it supposed to be taken over by the "thief" class? Has it been omitted completely?... Is there even any information on this?
    As I have stated before, my apologies if I am searching in the wrong area, I am new to these forums and am incredibly excited for this game. I just hope that nothing will really be changed from the series as a whole.
  7. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    It would be the thief class as its closest counterpart. The names had to be changed for legal reasons except for the more generic name like blademaster(which is used by countless others). The gameplay style of the thief is also not set to be a carbon copy of the games either. As it was never balanced for a multiplayer setting it will not be a magic user(aside from small buffs potentially) and its damage output will be reduced(By how much I'm not sure but I know it will be the weakest physical attacker of the melee centered classes.)

But once again these are not set in stone and many tweaks and changes will be added and removed over the course of development.
    calmchaos likes this.