How did I not know this was happening??

Discussion in 'Neko's Tavern' started by Odd-z, Feb 3, 2016.

?

How likely are you to invest in VR?

1. Meh.. Screens are good enough

25.0%
  2. Maybe once the hype dies down

12.5%
  3. Probs

25.0%
  4. I'm already saving up for it

25.0%
  5. If I'm not strapped to one in the next 5 minutes, someone is gonna die.

12.5%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Odd-z

Odd-z Member

Local Time:
    4:21 PM
    Hello all, I'm Zac.
    For years I've held .Hack// in high esteem as one of the first "Full Immersion" MMORPG concepts.

Since I was 12, and able to understand what the show was about, I've twiddled my thumbs and waited for the day it would be possible (over a decade now). With Oculus Rift hitting the consumer market and Google cardboard showing exactly how simple VR really is, I've gone well past the edge of my seat and have become a weeping mess of joy. It's nearly here, and none too soon.

Only today did I discover that IridiumBased has been working on this dream for years. I was watching ROOTS on Hulu and decided that 1 season was only a taste of what I wanted. Got to google, intending to pirate the series or the PS2 games for an emulator and decided to look into "The World" as a standalone game. Low-and-behold, I landed here, where The World exists and already has a client. I cant quite access the Alpha yet (maybe next payday I'll have $40 to spare) but my mind is still blown that this has been here all along.

My crazed ramblings aside, I'm glad to be here.

On a more personal note, I'm 22y/o and have spent a large majority of my life in one MMO or another. I'm updating FF14 for Heavensward as I type this. I've been at college seeking a fine arts degree for a while now, but I'm thinking of switching to architecture. I'm fairly personable, so feel free to speak your mind and I'll do the same.

Thanks~
    Zac
  2. TheEnigmaticLahran

TheEnigmaticLahran Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    4:21 PM
    Welcome to the forums.

[​IMG]
    SaguraKirux likes this.
  3. Odd-z

Odd-z Member

Local Time: