Housing Areas

Discussion in 'Architecture Creator' started by MoogleMorphosis, Oct 6, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. MoogleMorphosis

MoogleMorphosis Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    6:07 PM
    I have a few questions as to the minding of personal player homes, from the indiedb.com page.

As for the minding of WHERE a house is set, is it mostly as one could expect, like a neighborhood, such as what one may find in LotRO, or gaiaonline?

Also, would the house have to look as though it were apart of the level, or are the materials there from personal effort?

And finally, would one have to construct a whole building, or could it, to some extent, be open to the land around it, like some have read of elven creatures(also minding LotR)?
    JCMazeFTL likes this.
  2. Elk

Elk Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    2:07 AM
    I assume its with portals... in the series of dotHack, Guildmembers used the Chaos Gate to port into their Guild Houses as far as I remember

So the likeliest way may be such
    JCMazeFTL likes this.
  3. Ovan

Ovan Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    8:07 PM
    Could also use the .hack roots method of using guild cards to enter guild halls.
    JCMazeFTL and Elk like this.
  4. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    7:07 PM
    I believe the housing will be all of the extra buildings in the root towns and will be either first come first serve or the houses will generate multiple instances of the same housing structure under different interior types that may or may not be upgradeable so each player can decorate and arrange their house differently
  5. Laurayne

Laurayne Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I Like The Idea From .Hack//GU @Homes Myself. You Can Have A Housing "Area". More Like A Prop Residence, Then When You Enter The Door, You Choose Your Destination And You Are Sent To The Instance of The House You Chose. Also, Guild Bases Could Be Set Up The Same As GU As Well. High Ranking Guilds With Notable Accolades Could Warrant A Special Keyword To Use To Sent Them To A Specially Created Guild Only Area, And Members Of The Guilds Would Give Passes To Guests. Since This Game is Supposed To A Sort of ".hack Revival" Project, I Think At Least Some of The Games Mechanics Should Be The Same, or Some Deviation Of The Latest ".hack" Iteration. Its Those Kinds of Things That Would Draw More .Hack Fans And Less "MMO Hoppers" (Pretty Much People Who Will Play Any And All MMOs Just Cause They Can)
  6. Excel

Excel Alpha XIII Senior Member

Local Time:
    I'm going to give my architectural opinion about this. In .hack//Legend of the twilight you could teleport to your base directly form the Chaos Gate, as someone has mentioned above. I don't really like this idea because you don't know where your home is, the same goes for the neighborhoods in the middle of nowhere that you can only teleport to. P.e: housing in Aion is like this, you teleport to an area where everyone can locate their homes, and this place is created only for that. But, at the end this areas are merely for transit. People you see are there only to go to their base, guild house, etc. In my opinion it would be more realistic to create "city" allowing to set our bases for example in an area of Mac Anu. This neighborhood could be accessed by teleport or simply by walking, and it could be mixed with other buildings like: shops, special NPC buildings, etc etc. Thus we can transform Mac Anu in a big and crowded city, such as the one we see in the mangas, animes...of .hack.
    MoogleMorphosis likes this.
  7. KoukinSama

KoukinSama Active Member

Local Time:
    but wouldn't that take up so much space on the server?
  8. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    multiple houses can be used for the same person, by creating multiple instances of the same interior that is tied to each account or first come first server and limit the house count a player can own. But it would put to use all of the buildings that otherwise wouldn't serve a purpose in game
  9. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    I kinda have the idea, that if in a minding, such as minecraft, the air and water also take blocks, so it's kinda like a "always full-glass" perspective; taking almost no extra space, I`d suppose.

Also, for my main concern, is that the page had said, that the houses 'would take up space in TW'(paraphrasing, but I took it as the general jest). I would hope that I could go to other homes by normal means of accessibility, such as Excel had mentioned. While I think that handling a whole server at once would seem terrifying, maybe there is a range of what one could handle, then beyond that, is background, which may include the rest of the structures, without the extra data one could hold within range. I have the background structures, in the minding of such games, as LBP, because of the vivid backgrounds that never played so huge a part.
  10. Laurayne

Laurayne Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I Actually Like The Idea Of Multiple People Housed In The Same Building, Varying In Design And Style. This Could, In Theory, Make Every Single Building In The City Usable And With Purpose.
    You Want A High Class Rich And refined Style? Access it From The mansion In The Square. You Want A Domestic Apartment? Access it Via That Apartment Building Next To The market? You Can Only Afford A Small Room With A Bed? Maybe Find That In A Shack By The Docks?
  11. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    I would enjoy a rent function, because that seems to express an apartment owner's freedom to charge this way. For wandering characters to stay over for a night of rest.
    Laurayne likes this.
  12. Stalwart_as_the_Mount

Stalwart_as_the_Mount Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    this sounds like in SAO where the little guild finally gets enough money to buy a little guild home
  13. JCMazeFTL

JCMazeFTL Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I think the use of portals or a guild card would be the most efficient. Guild halls in town would over populate it and thus crowd areas way too heavily. If you could make like, five guild halls available in towns. Per town.. Then make them a sort of compete to be apart of the town thing, that would cause a lot of fuss for sure! I love competition!
  14. D.i.z

D.i.z Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    hm....
    JCMazeFTL likes this.