Hey Im new!

Discussion in 'The World Message Board' started by LiquidGinger, Apr 30, 2017.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. AzureKite

AzureKite Well-Known Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    11:10 AM
    Because over the last few years, the main dev has vanished for a year without telling any of the other staff members. He was the only one with any of the source, access to the money and the server. Then nearly two years ago, the server went down. After 6 months and a reddit message send by me, the devs finally admitted the server was down and removed the up status from the homepage, however didn't even bother to make a notice of what was going on. They have yet to respond to any of the staff members about the status of what's being done, if anything. The least that could be done is 5 minutes to write up a post saying "Hey the server is down due to reason a, b, c, and etc." yet they have just completely ghosted on this project. Complete radio silence is the worse thing they could have done to this project. Bad reasons would have been better then silence.

Sadly there isn't much in the way of .hack fan games around right now, and them doing shit like that makes us other .hack fan creators look bad. If you want follow other fan games of .hack there is the revived The World 2D renamed The World R1 and a in progress 3D MMO based on GU being made by @Tyrial and Zaren over at CyberConnects2. They are also kind of enough to host my project with theirs, which is a custom cracked Minecraft client/server that is recreating the .hack maps and gameplay in Minecraft via the use of mods and ripped assets from the .hack games. You don't need a Minecraft account to play, just a forum account from the above linked forums. If you are looking for some thing that be played in desktop mode and with various methods of VR, there is The World - Social VR Chatroom which uses an app on Steam called VRChat and ripped game assets from the games. You can explore the various root towns and hidden fields either by yourself or with others. The VRChat is in Alpha and free right now and will start adding scripting so combat is a thing that is being looked at for that project. These are the only indie games that are actually .hack related around anymore.

If you are looking to find other .hack fans and such, there is the Dothack Network discord with over 300 members. We talk about the shows, our collections, some of the indie games like my minecraft project, The World R:Craft and the VRChat project, as well as playing Fragment via real ps2s or emulators.
    archaicINF and calmchaos like this.
  2. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    10:10 AM
    Yeah it has worn on all of us. But for all intents in purposes I would have to say the project is dead. Many of us donated triple digits and higher in order to help achieve the goals, so its to be expected to feel this way. No update to the investors, complete and total radio silence for going on 3 years soon. With some active accounts on here 6+ years old now. A good chunk of time money and effort has been spent, with the only payoff being a small unmanaged forum, a few hundred screenshots 3 years old, a wiki gathering dust, youtube footage thats even older, and a series of unmet stretch goals. We won't tell you that you can't visit the forums or anything but don't expect anything.

Expectation died sometime ago. This is just a nostalgic place to stay in touch.

Note: The payments are still made for the domain, and a certain dev members access is noted although no comments have been made. That and I still enjoy coming here if nothing else.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    calmchaos likes this.
  3. Wrose

Wrose New Member

Local Time:

i looked at some of the things you said about not all yet; i looked in to the .hack world ones you said about in hopes of finding something to be able to like find a link to online game of it; however all i get is wikia n such about them. so i'm guessing there is no real dot.hack games online yet?; (for pc.). also i do have mc. maybe another day i will look into the mc ones maybe if i get really desperate. XD also i dont have a vr so yeah. i have steam; just not a vr thingy.

thank you for much better reasons for not wasteing my money on the project in this point in time. though if any time in the future the project does come back to life i would like to know so that i can at least be able to give the world a little try at the very least.
  4. AzureKite

Local Time:
    the 2d is one is up: www.cyberconnects2.com the 3D one is still in early development with work being done on Mac Anu currently. As for the MC one, you won't be able to use your MC account, I have them disabled so only the forum accounts work. As for the VR one, if you launch in Desktop mode, it's just like playing a normal game. VR is not required at all, I myself just use mouse and keyboard for it.
  5. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    You have no idea how much I wish I could give a progress update or something, but I already laid bare almost everything I know in that post from a while back. If there's been any progress since that old information, I haven't been told.

That said, like Cerb and the others mentioned, you're more than welcome to hang out here and talk about whatever.
    PirosTheFourth likes this.
  6. Quine

Quine Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    2:10 PM
    Well clamchaos, we need to get some movement in the forums... think you can do anything? I mean, there is only flame and Lunex chatting about some translations of god knows what, and i only visit the forums to see if there's anything happening. :/
    Our community is too good to just fade away.
  7. Wrose

Wrose New Member

Local Time:
    welp i got it mostly set up the one. i just got to wait for the server to be done with its maintenance. don't know when that will be. will check back in the morning. and each day till its green n i can hop on. ^w^
  8. Stalwart_as_the_Mount

Stalwart_as_the_Mount Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    I lurk about every day. Not much to post about. I hope that it'll continue at some point if not by the same guys but here's probably where I'll here something new.
  9. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    I guess the place could do with some fresh activity.
    Stalwart_as_the_Mount likes this.
  10. AzureKite

Local Time:
    The top one is the 3D one and it's not open to users yet and won't be for a while, they want to get a decent amount in before they show it off. I'll see about talking to the one dev about setting up a new dev log of what's been going on.
  11. archaicINF

archaicINF Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    giphy(1).gif
    Quine and Cerberuspaw like this.
  12. Freya

Freya New Member

Local Time:
    6:10 PM
    Hey everyone. New member here. However, I'm not really new to this forum. I've been checking this forum every now and then since I found out about the project back in January, hoping that the project will be somehow revived. It's sad that this project just died since the devs disappeared. I'd say that it's a huge blow to all .hack fans. I did play the game though but it just lagged and had issues with character controls :/