Here and There

Discussion in 'The World Message Board' started by AeonsCookie, Oct 6, 2016.

?

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

1. Sponge Pad

12.5%
  2. Sea Sponge

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yellow Sink Sponge

12.5%
  4. Bob

50.0%
  5. Patrick

25.0%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. AeonsCookie

AeonsCookie Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    7:44 PM
    Been here and there lurking in the shadows from the beginning of time. Watching The World progress. I would like to say that I am happy to see it alive still. I had hoped to see it progress farther faster but hey I can only wish right, Everyone working on this has another life. lol. Last time I logged in The World was available for download and did not require a 40$ donation to play in alpha. But I think it is a good way to get finances. Sadly I am incapable of donating for the remainder of this month due to moving expenses. But will on the first. possibly sooner if I can spring it once the move is done.

Anywho. Glad to see this going still. Wonder if I will ever see it up on Steam one day. May be a good way for advertisement. or a way to get additional funding. Like the game The Forest. its in alpha and you have to buy it ahead of time. I dont know where this game is at or if theirs enough content to make it in Steam yet.

Hopefully someone will reply. Id like to insert myself into this community and see where everything is.
  2. AeonsCookie

Local Time:
    Well thats a little bit of a let down. Wonder what is going on. Last announcement was in July I see. Was the server up then?
  3. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    9:44 PM
    While the state of the game itself is in a really... weird situation, don't let that stop you from joining the community if that's what you want. There are still plenty active forumers here that you can talk to, discuss random subjects with, and just have an entertaining time in general with.

If you're most interested in playing a .Hack-esque game, Azure has a .Hack-themed Minecraft server called The World R:Craft. I'm not certain when we'll get an update from Siegfre, so that could help curb your .Hack needs for a while.

Like Azure said, donations are currently down. My assumption is it's because development slowed down on Siegfre's end, but I don't know for sure since there hasn't been any official word on it.
  4. AeonsCookie

Local Time:
    Ive played The World 2d before. so from what you are saying this is going to be a remake of the original 2d game that was made.

Well I hope Siege pops up and explains himself none the less after a year I dont think that will happen. I will try to stay alive in this community unlike my history shows. Just cause .Hack Is a great game/Series and the idea of an mmorpg is awesome. and Its nice to have people to talk to who share the same thoughts on that.
  5. April Miller

April Miller New Member

Local Time:
    Just found this game today! So sorry for questions people have prolly asked 50 times... But! Is the game currently functioning? Been trying to log in, and nothing happens.
  6. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    9:44 PM
    Not that this is for sure the reason, but keep in mind that the version we had up was up for I think about a year. At this point, there's not much more that can be gleaned from 2.0.7. The majority of noteworthy bugs were already found, and most bugs were just getting repeated over and over and over.

While the next update does fix a bunch of them, namely some of the rubber-banding and lag issues. <-- That one I know for sure as a few months ago I helped playtest for a bit. The lag was much more ironed out from what I remember, and last I remember Siegfre was still working on some of the networking.

That's just one of the many factors for why the server's down though, I'm sure. I know that's not anyone's absolute primary concern, but it may help just a bit knowing that.
  7. April Miller

April Miller New Member

Local Time:
    Oooh, I see. Well a sad day, then :,(

I'll definitely keep on eye on the forums though, this project seems like it has a lot of potential- And I'm happy to donate, when/if things get back on track!
  8. Renny Wilder

Renny Wilder Member

Local Time:
    10:44 PM
    This project seemed so cool when I first heard of it, hopefully it's running again sometime
  9. AeonsCookie

Local Time:
    Yea I dropped dead again for a minute, got caught up at work being overworked due to a lack of employees. trying to stay active on here.
    Just saw the post about being back. So is Siegfree back? And I skyped Lee Keramory but never got a message back. Maybe he has a new skype. idk. If Development does pick up id like to donate knowing that the game is going forward but ill hold off for a while on that seeing as how its bean down for so long. wait till the game starts progressing more.
  10. AeonsCookie

Local Time:
    Im sure Hello Games will come around eventually. tho Maybe not No Mans Sky. Think thats lost forever.