Heart of Gaia(staff)

Discussion in 'Weapon Creator!' started by Terro, Apr 12, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member Backer

Local Time:
    5:05 PM
    Woot figured out how to save te render but found it much easier to texture and color in gimp
    (i have the mesh file if any admins want to add to game Pm me and ill supply the mesh file)
    Enjoy :D

wAND1.png Wand1colored.png
    azuretre, Cerberuspaw and Fujishawa like this.
  2. NiuWang

NiuWang Well-Known Member Senior Member Backer

Local Time:
    3:05 PM
    That looks awesome.
  3. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    Looks really cool. Sadly however it looks way too poly to put into an MMO. Also if its not actually textured (if I'm reading that right) then thats a problem as well ;.;
    Still though love the staff, we should make our own version of it!
  4. Terro

Local Time:
    that would be cool, sorry im still new to 3D modeling whats poly?

No its not actulay 3d texturedi just textured the 2d render in gimp buy i have to mesh frams for it if they wanted to take down the poly? and or texture it in 3D
  5. Aryth

Aryth Developer Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    That looks really cool. I've never been a magic class, but if I could have something like that... I'd... Consider it.
    Terro likes this.
  6. Apeiron

Apeiron Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    6:05 PM
    Polys are the abbreviated form of 'polygons', which in 3d modelling terms is the amount of 'faces' an object has (faces are made up of three or four 'points', btw).

Basically, 3d programs build the 2d faces (which are basically squares. Or triangles) together to make an object.

This is important because polys directly affect file size of the model. Less polys, more optimized the model.

3d programs can read polys in two different ways. As quads(squares), or tris(triangles).

I think the thing at the top of your model picture says what the poly size is (Fa:7256). I think Fa stands for faces(which are polys). Don't quote me tho. I don't use Blender :/

In any case, it's a very VERY good first attempt. I would recommend watching some Blender tuts (there are many) to get a better grasp on the features of the program.

The design is really cool too! Can I have your permission to make my own version at some point?
    Terro likes this.
  7. Azure

Azure Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I've seen stuff way more complex than that, I hope that the intention is not to leave the world at the polygon count it is currently. My laptop can run that game. It would be a disappointment for us with power behind our computers to not have the option to have good graphics.
  8. Apeiron

Apeiron Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    6:05 PM
    Ehh. Buildings are square, dude. If polys are going to be shoved in, It'll be shoved into adding more objects into the game, not higher poly objects.

Textures on the other hand. Better quality textures would be fantastic.
  9. Azure

Azure Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Go outside and look at a building and tell me about how perfectly square it is. No offense, but online games have had better poly counts than that for years.
  10. Terro

Local Time:
    Yes by all means7 you can remake it, thank you very much for asking first!
  11. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    It's true that town models in even MMO's are getting slightly better. They usually add more detail on the bottom of the building and less on the top. However for weapons, look at FFXIV, one of the most beautiful MMO's atm. Even their weapons, mesh wise, are still fairly low. Same as characters. Why? Because there can easily be 40 people at once all moving around with weapons and themselves. That can go up quickly ontop of the surroundings and other factors.

As for you Terro, basically gaming over the years are slowly changing to more and more poly count to add detail, but there is still some layer of textures covering up.
    The perfect example in 3d is an arm sleeve on a shirt. Back in the day, the poly count and mesh detail was low. It is just a straight arm. The textures would be used to color in the folds and shading, to make it look like there are wrinkles in the fabric, like a real shirt. But if you look closely, you can tell that there are no real folds, its just colored on well.
    Now, it's still more or less the same, but you can add some of the bigger folds like say, near the shoulder/elbow/wrist and then texture the rest in. This gives more to the illusion those folds are there.
    Here is an example picture:
    http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090321212847/residentevil/images/a/a9/Leon_RE4_Model.jpg
    Terro likes this.
  12. D.i.z

D.i.z Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    12:05 AM
    OMG that looks so awesome Give me