.Hack// [The World] Roleplay

Discussion in 'Lost Grounds' started by Haseyo, Dec 9, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
  1. Orion

Orion Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    4:43 PM
    Yuusei began wandering the area of which he appeared. As the area started to get dark he found the highest rock and sat there waiting. It's as if he was waiting for someone...something..or maybe it was nothing at all. He then looked up at the sky and saw the stars come out from the dark sky.
  2. MoogleMorphosis

MoogleMorphosis Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    2:43 PM
    Standing back up, Mont reflected that he actually did want to get the place cleaned all the sooner. While sorting through the scraps of seemingly junk, he kept in mind where he wanted them all, and what purposes he wanted for them. Sometimes he came across whole parts and items, though he didn`t quite understand them, so of those he hung into free air until they got sorted out. He didn`t work all too hard on cleaning, as his current goal was in clearing the stair leading to the chaosgate, which wasn`t all too hard except for particularly large pieces. Whenever he had a good heap of scraps on one side, he looked onto it, thinking of golems, but only warlocks, the advanced and darker wavemasters could conjure monsters, as to think they could also create them, if any at all, but all of that was just theory in his head. It didn`t matter to Mont, because he stood towards the cleric advance, but liked it better as a neutral simple wavemaster as yet.

Thinking of what he could do for the creation, he thought more and with each new problem, he only had to come back to the simple things, then in that, made the wavemaster all the more giddy. He placed the large crystal in the gap within the circular hook of the staff, where it stood floating, and used it to write enchantments of silence onto the plates of metal, a glowing blue illuminating the text. As each plate was finished, they one by one drifted about, filling the walls slowly, and surrounding the room in the star-like light. They would block out and conceal the warp point, if the case was that even this could become traced. They had more purpose than that, as it were, from the shifting of the enchantments across the walls, as though true stars, though the extent of it's means would be revealed later.

Feeling content, with a well-lit, guarded and best of all clean room to start with, Mont took the mystery items to another room nearby that could as well be a good storage room, putting them against the walls before coming back to the meeting place. Whether or not Latorn was just getting there or having been there, they were just as well equal-chanced as sometimes he obsessed about things and besides, he had selective hearing. Washing his hands of the dirt (many say the game is too real), he came back with collectiveness, feeling he shouldn`t get so into it.
  3. Latorn

Latorn [GER] Moderator Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    11:43 PM
    Suddenly Latorn was standing together with Mont in the room again. He used his skill a lot since it would let him travel faster. "So what is all of this supposed to be?" he asked while handing the rope over to the wavemaster. He walked in front of the foating rings and looked at it. "You've been working on this a long time now have you? Or is this something like a hobby of yours?" he said slightly smiling at Mont.
  4. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    Pulling the two bundles over his sleeved arms, Mont smiled at what seemed to be a new partner, though inside he knew he had to test him somehow. Looking around the room, he felt confident, as he said,"This is the directgate chamber, so I`ve decided. Thanks for the rope, and oh, here.", casually tossing another coin pouch, of the same amount as the last. "I meant to pay for the other half myself, but that should help. Want to join me?" Mont then took the ropes, and eagerly walked about, until he recalled that the zenith of the sun has already passed, and no light would shine down unto the bridge. He hastily turned back, and put the ropes into the storage room, placing them opposite from the relics and unknowns. Embarrassed, he scratched the back of his head as he came out, apologetically. "I`m sorry... the time isn`t ripe... though, maybe since I`ve began on one room, later I or we could start on the others."

As the sun fell, the 'stars' on the wall drifted lower, filling the room like pale blue fireflies, but Mont didn`t allow them to go beyond the room, though soon... Looking back at the guest, Mont smiled, remembering at least a few places he'd previously cleaned up for the sake of considering it home. There were a few surprises to show yet, so he made a beckoning gesture before going deeper into the dungeons, though not by much, keeping the dining hall as originally was, the center of the sanctuary, with most of the original pieces about, especially the long tables that were by the eye, meant for a good many people to be seated at. Having to use a wind spell to carry his skill, he relit the fires above the hall, shining over it all, though the places he never sat at were coated in dust and the seats about those areas with sometimes missing or cracked to various degrees. All was stone except for the rich wood of the furniture, made to last, and even though the tapestries have seen better, they still gave the room a sense of grandness. Turning back and smiling, Mont asked of his new friend how it seemed.
  5. Latorn

Local Time:
    Latorn was totally amazed. He never expected something big like this to be right beneath the city. "This...is..beautifull..." he answered slowly, while still looking around. The silence was astonishing, even though players should be walking right above them. "Do you mind if I come here sometimes, just relaxing and taking a break? I will make sure noone followed me of course." he said to Mont. His words echoed back quietly. "Ohh and I'd really like to join you in...whatever it is you're doing here exactly. I've got the feeling this is going to be something really interesting compared to the stupid mob slaughter other players like to take part in." He walked on slowly through the room observing the walls and objects he found. Even though everything here was pretty old and already falling apart at some points Latorn could see that there was a lot of time spent on building this dungeon. There were symbols all over the wall and some objects just like in the other dungeons out in the fields of The World but the design was different. It looked far more detailed and somehow older. Maybe there was an ancient temple here once, was then sealed, forgotten and another civilisation build the city of Mac Anu right above it, not knowing what lied right beneath. Latorn started to talk to himself about his thoughts. "If what I think is true...where did the builders of this dungeon go? And why did they leave? And maybe more importaintly...why did they seal this temple? Did they want to lock something away? Some evil creature of an ancient weapon that would be able to destroy every server of The World?"
    He almost walked right into Mont because he was so lost in his thoughts. "Ohh uhm....right....soooo what are we going to do next?" he asked him, slowly regaining his senses.
  6. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    Sitting down into his usual spot, one would have noticed that at least that side was clean enough to eat from. Taking out some bread from his bag, he nibbled on the edge then put it on a reasonably clear plate. Despite getting no nourishment physically from it, Mont felt it was well enough to use the tables as they were meant for, and besides that, it was magnificent to eat from regardless. "I think mob fighting has it's moments at times, though to me, there is much more to The World than such. As for this, you may consider it your home as well as mine, though you`ll have a hard time navigating, because I need these torches out by the time I exit, else I`d risk this place all the more. I... well, I have plans for this place now. Somehow, its inspired, and it doesn`t seem such a lost cause, though with each that are added to these walls, the less secure it'll become."

He couldn`t quite stress his fears enough, but that must have come out of all the time spent in it. He looked over the hall again, more with a wonder of it's past, what it had been, rather than what it is now. "As for the history of this place, I know very little. It seemed as though it had been vastly constructed, with it's own secrets I yet know surfacely of... Thats why I need the ropes, but where I need to use them, it relies on sunlight, so even my skill wouldn`t be so effective where I require light... The spells of before, if this place came to it's full glory once more, I feel that it'd be too much for the admins of today to simply cast aside. The seal was well before their time, so they hadn`t known it, but it was old enough for someone to have broken it. I don`t know... but whenever I could come about, I found something a little, life-changing." Taking a larger bite out of his bread, he let his focus drift about.

Whenever he had finished, he took the plate over to a connecting room, seemingly the kitchen, and washed the plate under a flowing stream on the other side of this room. First time seeing the stream, it was a surprise anything worked, but all the same, with thought, it wasn`t surprising, since it must have come from the waters of Mac Anu. It was sometimes hard to consider it as a dungeon, but the great doors deep inside told him otherwise, though he could hardly imagine what was to yield beyond. Refocusing on the present, he sighed, and looked at the still-floating crystal piece connected to his staff. "There have to be established roots in this sanctuary before it be permanent, but with the freedom of expression in this game, its hard to find those whose sport isn`t killing, so in that, I can sympathize. I have little doubt however that I could find wavemasters with a scholarly inclination, though surely those under it could have political tastes, and in that, trust is tough with them. Some who chose this side of the game use it for fantastic ways of killing, but they will likely be more easier to find and avoid than the political tricksters." He had in several games come to a loyalty of his class, but in it, he knew of the types of people that could spout from it. He hardly dealt with the others, but on occasion, he had taken party quests with variable players.
  7. Latorn

Local Time:
    "Yep..." Latorn said "I've seen some of those people before. And I also know mob hunting is fun but what I meant was more the 24/7 killing spree some people have sometimes. They just only run through fields to get their levels higher. Nothing wrong with that either but I think they sometimes should also take a break and look at all the wonders that this game has to offer." He walked up and down in the room. "I also do understand that it will be hard for me to get here without the ability to light the torches. But perhaps I could use my skill to get directly here without walking one step in the darkness." He pulled out a chair, wiped away the dust a bit and then sat down.
  8. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    Shrugging a bit, Mont for a time tried ever to get stronger, for the idea that if he couldn`t survive The World, he could not explore it to it's fullest. Still, he wasn`t all that high-leveled, or too skilled even, with his old staff, but he was content with it. "Everyone has their own reasons for doing things, and their resolve is likely to vary from others sometimes exceedingly. As for myself, I did some of that kind of mobbing so that I could be able to defend myself against future trouble. I`m no thief, so I can`t sneak, but in the dungeons, the skill I`ve earned worked just as well for me." Smiling, he sat back down, using the wind spell from before to clear the tables of dust and dirt, casting it down over through the tunnels leading to the open bridge. "You could use that skill to find your way to the directgate's chamber. I think I got it to work so that whenever you're in-between planes, hopefully you could spot it. The letters are marked with spirit power(don`t know what the game's 'ether' is called), so it should be easy."

Mont had the idea of keeping the dining hall lit, as well as the bed rooms, which seemed as though they were also meant to hold a number, though there were two large rooms, a higher level and lower, connected by a huge hole in the floor. The gap was perfectly square in shape, with worn markings suspected to be a magitech elevator of some sort, but it must have stopped working whenever the power stopped flowing throughout. The wavemaster got up, stupidly playing with the crystal floating on his staff, which glowed the same as the letters a few rooms back, then he grinned. Turning back and off with a dash, he went and took the ropes with him through the dining hall. "I guess there is a way through after all. Follow me, if you would." he said, sounding exhausted; the creators of the game made avatars and the like go out of breath, so that they couldn`t fully sprint at all times, and remarkably the voices would come out exerted at some point as well. Walking calmly to slow down his breath, he pointed his staff forward, allowing the light of the crystal to lead them on.

"Its nice to the torches, isn`t it?" he said casually, but the realization in that anyone with crystals could do this was a bit more than shocking, and defeated his mechanism with the torches. Soon, he'd have to try to place an actual seal on the door to this time physically lock would-be explorers, with some kind of password. The most reliable would be a demon-door, he thought, but being of another game, and with his lack of skills for creating creatures, he'd just settle for a password-held door. Going in deeper, they approached the Goddess, whom he didn`t fail to take a knee to bow to, before rising, and seeing what Latorn would do, if he was there.
  9. Latorn

Local Time:
    Latorn slowly walked behind Mont, trying to get some more impressions about the overwhelming details this dungeon had to offer. He still looked around when he suddenly didn't hear the steps of his wise friend anymore. He turned his line of sight to him and - for a second - was not able to breath. "So this ... " he said while staring at the statue in admiration "this is Aura, the goddes of light..." he felt down on his knees just like Mont did. "Now I know why this place is so importaint to you."​
    After getting up again he asked "Could that be...the missing statue that was once standing inside the Hulle Granz Cathedral?" He couldn't really look at Mont while asking. The statue of the goddes was far to beautiful for him to take his eyes off her.​
  10. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    "There is no telling if it is truly the statue of Aura, though it is symbolic in manner. Maybe it was of the image of the owner of this place before then, but now I`m sure there is little to gain out of it." smiling, it was a piece much of himself, and he was glad to have shared it, though it was surprising enough to see someone that followed the path of Aura. The crystal seemed to shine brighter in this place, but if that were the case, then surely it would mean the crystal would likely dim in the twisted tunnels beyond. He stood for a moment, silently praying for Her embrace to keep the staff lit, then took his steps past the room, prepared to use his skill.
  11. Latorn

Local Time:
    "Well in that case it was just my imagination to think that was Aura." Latorn said silently, waiting for Mont to move on. Even if this was not Aura, it still was a beautifull statue with so much work put into it that it was already pretty sad that it was hidden in such a dark place like this. As he followed Mont on through the halls he still couldnt stop looking at the statue untill it got out of sight.
  12. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    Betraying his thought a bit, it didn`t seem as though the light had dimmed, though the darkness got thicker with each step he took, sometimes lighting a torch to see how far in he was. As Mont and Latorn dwelt deeper unto twisted path, the darkness was nearing to consume the light of the crystal, and the wavemaster resorted to kindling it's light with his SP. It was a while before the darkness slipped up, that shown that they were done with their bitter path. Emerging onto what was evidently the bridge, he looked up, the moon hasn`t reached it's mask, but it would at some point later. Now was the time to get the rope bound again as whole and sent downwards, sitting on a stone railing of the bridge, smiling. "Lets talk about who goes first..." Mont said, almost menacingly, because each time he came here, despite the wonders of the door on the unseen part of the bridge, he feared the sounds that came from below, even after rationalizing it.
  13. Latorn

Local Time:
    "Well..." Latorn answered "if you could light some torches down there or something like that I can go first if you want. I mean even if there is something evil down there I can use my skills to hide or just teleport back up." He looked down into the darkness. For a moment it seemed like there was a shadow lurking in the dark but maybe it was just an object.
  14. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    Looking downward again, he felt there must've not been torches, but it wouldn`t hurt to try. Using the skill same as he had to light the fires over the dining halls, he cast it downwards, uncertain that even if there was a bottom, he wouldn`t have been able to find out up to this point if he could make it down there yet. "I should go first, since I have the only light about for now, though the moon should shine over it whenever or if we get down there." Taking the long rope, he went over to the other side to bind them onto the chains, since nothing else seemed good enough to hold the ropes. Taking the crystal in one hand, in the other, he intricately pulled the rope through the hook of his staff and dove off the side of the bridge, keeping his feet well-paced with the near-falling. In real life, Mont would be either too afraid to try even going down, or would`ve done so slowly.

As he felt he's reached near the end of the rope's length, he twisted the stick to assure a grip, sided with the help of his legs, to slow down appropriately. He tried to make out from the light of the crystal if there remained much to be seen, and looked below. Thankfully it didn`t seem like it'd kill his character to fall from that height, though it had a bit of length separating the bottom of the rope and the floor. Still he dropped, falling onto his hands and knees, and as he got up, fixing the shard into the staff and settled. "Alright, I`m fine down here, but I think you should stay up there, maybe get a bit more rope!" Mont yelled upward, sending it a whisper on his winds, so none above could hear it.
  15. Latorn

Local Time:
    "Do you have any rope left in some kind of storage or so? Otherwise I'll just go buy some more." Latorn answered. He took some steps back while waiting for an answer from below.
  16. Deshar

Deshar Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    10:43 PM
    Troxin began asking player characters how to warp to the dungeons, some laughed and ignored him, others just passed by but Troxin was given an answer fairly quickly by a player who was part of a newbie help guild. The character also told Troxin of an area that was good for new players.

Troxin ran over to the Chaos gate and accessed the warp, he put in the three words and warped away to the map.
  17. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    Sending up his words again,"I only just then established a storage room of any kind. I`m sorry, but I have no more rope. I might be able to find something to elevate the reach, but otherwise it'd be foolish to come down here." Just then, more groaning came from the floors, though being there also, they sounded more surrounding. Being mostly a coward and sometimes a quiter in scary situations, he may have hid the radiance of the crystal, but if there were creatures, he wouldn`t have known if they went off of their other senses, which was a good possibility. He carried on with his staff ahead, using his SP to brighten the crystal's glow. He heard the winds and by the sound of his steps, it was a bit damp down here also, but the walls on which the light shown on, every occasion, to worsen his fear, were old tunnels most likely not manmade. This place in the dungeon, he thought, is most likely the actual dungeon part of it, or had laid forgotten for even the admins before to find and be rid of.

Looking more forward, and darting his eyes side to side for the tunnels, to spot presences, he failed to see the descent below and slid fiercely. It was a short slide before the fall, a deep hole in the ground, in which Mont scarcely had time to react. Falling, even in-game was frightful, with the gameset goggles placing him more in the game. After a while, things went black, and it took a bit to remember that his only source of light was out of sight! Whenever he tried to get up, his player status showed that he wasn`t truly able to move, though not dead. "Wh-what!?" the player said to himself, though the voice of the avatar wouldn`t carry it on. "Am I knocked out or something???? Oh, goddess help me..." Fearing for the worst, if Latorn came down here, even with his crystal shards to light the way, assuming he had some from the chaosgates, that he might find the same fate as himself.
  18. Latorn

Local Time:
    Latorn went back some rooms to get slightly near the shop so he could easily teleport there and back. As he appeared ontop of a roof again he hurried down and bought the rope. He then teleportet himself back to the hidden entrance and walked in. He tried to back as fast as he could because he didnt want to miss anything. If even Mont didnt see anything of that part of the dungeon yet it may be even more interesting than the things Latorn had already seen here. Walking up to the hole with the rope down into the darkness he listened. He couldnt hear Mont walking around down there anymore. Did something happen to him or did he just walk away to far to be heard? Latorn added the rope and slowly climbed it down. It was dark. He couldnt even see his own hand right infront of his eyes. As he carefully walked around in the room he saw a light at the end of a corridor. He slowly walked up to it fearing that it may be a trap. As he got near it he could see a big hole in the ground and a trail on the floor where the dust was wiped away. "Ohh please dont tell me he fell into that thing" he thought, walking up to it faster and grabbing the source of light, the wavemasters staff. He went on towards the hole looking down into it. The light of the staff only lit the bottom of it very week but he could still see the outline of a person down there. He took the last pieces of rope - he had bought too much this time to not have to run back and buy some more - and went down. On the bottom layed his friend. "Damn are you alright?" he asked.
  19. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    The player running Mont wanted and tried to say he couldn`t move, but still, he felt closer to knowing what it was like being a vegetable in-game. He could hear Latorn and see him as he loomed over him, though he had to try to relax. It felt better than nought to try to see into the veil of the game, to try to mentally grasp his problem, and find his solution. After a bit of probing, he remembered the twisted path before the bridge that tried to consume light, and down here, it may be strongest, but this darkness... Luna? Just then, it seemed too primitive of an idea to hold to, so he checked out the further details of his character's stats and body, to find some clue.

After a moment of analyzing, it seemed as though there were dozens of very unnoticeable spots on his character's person that he found very fishy until he thought they were just the jagged rocks of the floor pressing on Mont's back. Forced to look only up in The World, he felt as though the darkness indeed was coming to consume their light, and that's when he panicked, searching for something, anything to do. Looking back onto his stats, he found something interesting; the spots steadily grew, and now he was certain that it wasn`t the floors, but most likely a binding spell of some different sort, pulling Mont's connection in the game out of his hands. "N-no!" he couldn`t help but scream at his fear to his computer system, unable to even warn of the dangers that seemed imminent. At this point, all he could force himself to do is watch, though he tried to press onto his movement keys to attempt an escape from the unknown force.
  20. Latorn

Local Time:
    Mont didn't move. "This is a very weird place and position to go AFK you know?" Latorn mumbled, knowing that something went terribly wrong here. Maybe his character was hit by something and had the sleeping effect upon him? Even though he'd still be able to communicate then, Latorn thought it wasn't a bad idea to try everything possible. He took an item out of his bag that could wake up other players. He carefully used it on Mont but nothing happened. "Ahhhr screw it! I'm just going to use this." he said, taking a bottle of holy water out of his inventory. It was able to cure every negative effect that lasted on a player. The water slowly floated above the wavemaster but also this didn't seem to work. As the water dripped down from Monts body unto the ground Latorn noticed for the first time that the ground he was standing on was pitched black, even though the light of the staff could reach down to that. The darkness that covered the floor suddenly went away where the water dripped. Mont was already covered into this darkness at some points. Suddenly fearing that something terrible is waiting down here he picked his friend up from the ground and used his skill. He had never used his ability to transport two players at once so he didnt knew if it'd work at all.